Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
College Pro Day Tracker - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: College Pro Day Tracker (/Thread-College-Pro-Day-Tracker)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-16-2021

(03-16-2021, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine has a new man-crush

[Image: ProDay_031621_DK-59-1024x682.jpg]

JALEN CAMP/WR

6'2" 226 ibs

39.5 Vert

4.43 forty

30 Reps @ 225

DK Who?

Dude is built no doubt.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Synric - 03-17-2021

Bengals are still looking at those S/LB Hybrids. I dont blame them with the heavy run/playaction teams like the Ravens and Browns in the division. I wonder if Divine Deablo and Hamsah Narisildeen are on the table too.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Bengal Dude - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 01:07 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote:  

Gotta rep the WVU guy. Interior pass rusher day 1 with ability to become special.

The Bengals also sent coaches to Oklahoma Pro Day to work out Ronnie Perkins per Jim Nagy.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Au165 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:04 AM)Synric Wrote: Gotta rep the WVU guy. Interior pass rusher day 1 with ability to become special.

The Bengals also sent coaches to Oklahoma Pro Day to work out Ronnie Perkins per Jim Nagy.

Hopefully they kept an eye on Creed Humphrey as well.

(03-17-2021, 10:20 AM)Au165 Wrote: Hopefully they kept an eye on Creed Humphrey as well.

All I know is that is 3 defensive linemen people have mentioned they are looking at or talking too. I know Ronnie Perkins is getting some hype right now but I still think he's a 3rd round guy so I would say they are looking to address the defensive line with a couple picks in that late day 2 into day 3 range.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Whatever - 03-17-2021

JALEN CAMP/WR

6'2" 226 ibs

39.5 Vert

4.43 forty

30 Reps @ 225

DK Who?

He looks he's on that David Boston training regimen.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - bfine32 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 12:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: He looks he's on that David Boston training regimen.

My most vivid Boston memory is when he was at OSU and stated before a Michigan game they were going to have to change Charles Woodson's name to Charles Woodshed after he got done beating him.

Woodson returned a punt for a touchdown, made an interception in the end-zone, and had a 37-yard reception that led to Michigan's only offensive touchdown of the game. Boston was completely shut down

Azeez Ojulari showed up at pro day with some length. He might be only 6'2 249 but he has 34 3/8 inch arms.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Bilbo Saggins - 03-17-2021

If there's one guy who seems to be flying under the radar and may be an "obvious steal", it would seem to be Ojulari. 250ish with some length is good enough size for 4-3 nowadays(see:Jerry Hughes). His get off is superb and he's a natural with his stab move.

He also posted 4.60 for a 40 yard dash and put up 28 reps at 225lbs. I don't see any jump stats which is a shame, but I'd say that he has demonstrated strength/athleticism. He has to be on the short list if there's a trade down.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - rfaulk34 - 03-17-2021

(03-15-2021, 04:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  so what am i missing

Sooooo so much.

(03-16-2021, 03:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I could easily say Slater fits any scheme, that is a pretty general statement and  I could also say Pitts would not fit a run heavy scheme .. also there has become more and more of these types of TEs in the league and there are becoming more and more LBS and Safeties that actually cover these types of TEs.. it is a trend in the league on both ends... 

that is not taking away the talent that Pitts looks to possess in college to the NFL he may be superior than some other comparison TEs.. but the reality is this type of TE was way more rare 10 years ago... less now.. same with the type of LBs that are coming out of college today that are starting to be groomed to cover these type of TEs.

What the hell don't you understand about your opinion not meaning anywhere near as much as all the people who know the game and know talent?

You are so utterly clueless, it's astounding. 

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - J24 - 03-17-2021

Jaylen Twyman cost himself a lot of money today. He had a Vontez Burfict level workout.
6-1 301 pounds but he runs a 5.4 in the 40 and an 8.00 in the cone both are terrible for a 3T. He looked like Andre Smith in his workout.
On a good note 40 reps at 225 bench press so he definitely has the strength.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Essex Johnson - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What the hell don't you understand about your opinion not meaning anywhere near as much as all the people who know the game and know talent?

You are so utterly clueless, it's astounding. 

Really I been thinking the same about u, did you even play or coach football?

(03-17-2021, 10:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Really I been thinking the same about u, did you even play or coach football?

You...just don't understand how this works. Let me try to simplify it for you. Experts, coaches, front office, draftniks, fans, etc say one thing. You say the opposite. 

That's everyone v you. 

Someone tells you that Pitts fits any scheme (this is only one example of many schematic hypotheticals) and you say "Well, i could say...". It's not your opinion v their opinion. It's a well established and followed practice/understanding but you go against it...why(?), i don't know. 

Someone tells you that picking a stack LB is not a good move early in the first round due to the loooooong history of that position taking a couple/few years to develop into a top notch player and you say "Well, i could say...". It's not your opinion v their opinion. It's a well established and followed practice but you go against it...why, i don't know. 

Almost every convention used in the NFL today is used for a reason. It's been studied, analyzed and observed for years, yet you want to bring your personal opinion in and debate it like the thoughts are equal. 

They're not. I'm really not trying to stifle you or ask or expect you to not post. That's not my intent or my place but you better believe that after i see a post(s) like the ones i referenced above, time after time, my head will explode and i'll push back against it...because it makes no sense. 

Good day and good luck, my good sir. 

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Essex Johnson - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 10:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You...just don't understand how this works. Let me try to simplify it for you. Experts, coaches, front office, draftniks, fans, etc say one thing. You say the opposite. 

That's everyone v you. 

Someone tells you that Pitts fits any scheme (this is only one example of many schematic hypotheticals) and you say "Well, i could say...". It's not your opinion v their opinion. It's a well established and followed practice/understanding but you go against it...why(?), i don't know. 

Someone tells you that picking a stack LB is not a good move early in the first round due to the loooooong history of that position taking a couple/few years to develop into a top notch player and you say "Well, i could say...". It's not your opinion v their opinion. It's a well established and followed practice but you go against it...why, i don't know. 

Almost every convention used in the NFL today is used for a reason. It's been studied, analyzed and observed for years, yet you want to bring your personal opinion in and debate it like the thoughts are equal. 

They're not. I'm really not trying to stifle you or ask or expect you to not post. That's not my intent or my place but you better believe that after i see a post(s) like the ones i referenced above, time after time, my head will explode and i'll push back against it...because it makes no sense. 

Good day and good luck, my good sir. 
Let me it make it short and simple Your never going to stifle me to  point out how your reasoning just does not align with my thoughts and experiences as a coach.. good day and happy st. Patrick's day..

Ps try to keep your head or you will hard time to see.....moving on.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-18-2021

JALEN CAMP/WR

6'2" 226 ibs

39.5 Vert

4.43 forty

30 Reps @ 225

DK Who?

How are his hands and route running?

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Synric - 03-18-2021

Auburn WR Anthony Schwartz had a solid pro day.

Height: 6-0
Weight: 186
Hands: 9 3/8 inches
Arms: 31 4/8 inches
Wingspan: 75 4/8 inches
Vertical: 32.0
Broad jump: 10-3
40 time: 4.26 (unofficial)

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-18-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:29 PM)J24 Wrote: Jaylen Twyman cost himself a lot of money today. He had a Vontez Burfict level workout.
6-1 301 pounds but he runs a 5.4 in the 40 and an 8.00 in the cone both are terrible for a 3T. He looked like Andre Smith in his workout.
On a good note 40 reps at 225 bench press so he definitely has the strength.

Would love to get this guy in the late rounds. Stills will go earlier for sure but both are possible Geno replacements.

Cannot judge everything off of these times and reps. You don't need your DT to be crazy fast.

Plus we all know some players are much faster in game time than when they run their forty.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - J24 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love to get this guy in the late rounds. Stills will go earlier for sure but both are possible Geno replacements.

Cannot judge everything off of these times and reps. You don't need your DT to be crazy fast.

Plus we all know some players are much faster in game time than when they run their forty.

Disagree a 3T needs to be able to run between a 4-8 and a 5.0! 5.4 hand time is way to slow for a 3T.
I will say that Twyman looks a lot faster than a 5.4 on tape but still it's very concerning. Especially at his size.