Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade (/Thread-Vikings-DE-Danielle-Hunter-seeking-trade)

Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - Bengalholic - 03-15-2021

RE: Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - Synric - 03-15-2021

Bad year to try to force a trade for more money lol. Draft Picks and Cap Space are at a premium.

RE: Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - Au165 - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 03:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Bad year to try to force a trade for more money lol. Draft Picks and Cap Space are at a premium.

Yea, that comes across a bit tone-deaf but shooters shoot I guess.

RE: Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - jj22 - 03-15-2021

I don't see them spending 20+ on any DE even with Burrow's rookie deal.

Or giving up the picks needed to get a top pass rusher.

RE: Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - psychdoctor - 03-15-2021

I remember it taking years for the Bengals to spend a dime on FA as they believed at the time that FA were over-paid and there was no loyalty require from outside players.

Last year, the Bengals opened their wallet which had to be a poison pill for those like Mike Brown. I cannot believe the Bengals would spend 20+ mil on a DL player, ever. I think the Bengals will pay for their own to a point, at least for skilled players like QB. But not line players, even though DE is considered a premium player.

RE: Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - TheLeonardLeap - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 04:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't see them spending 20+ on any DE even with Burrow's rookie deal.

Or giving up the picks needed to get a top pass rusher.

Aside from Aaron Donald, a healthy JJ Watt, Von Miller, and TJ Watt... I am not sure there's another pass rusher even worth $20m+/yr. That's an awful lot to drop on only one half of a pair.

RE: Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - XenoMorph - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 04:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Aside from Aaron Donald, a healthy JJ Watt, Von Miller, and TJ Watt... I am not sure there's another pass rusher even worth $20m+/yr. That's an awful lot to drop on only one half of a pair.

hell there isnt even a lot of QBs worth 20 mil a year....  

damn inflation

RE: Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - Luvnit2 - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 03:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Bad year to try to force a trade for more money lol. Draft Picks and Cap Space are at a premium.

Teams like Jets and Jags have the cap space to work a deal and Vikes create some cap room for maybe a 2nd round pick which is almost like a first as they pick early in round.

RE: Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - Luvnit2 - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 04:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hell there isnt even a lot of QBs worth 20 mil a year....  

damn inflation

I can think of the Bear who was a Raider named Mack

RE: Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - kalibengal - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 04:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Aside from Aaron Donald, a healthy JJ Watt, Von Miller, and TJ Watt... I am not sure there's another pass rusher even worth $20m+/yr. That's an awful lot to drop on only one half of a pair.
Id throw Joey Bosa in there too...hes probably better against the run than all these guys too exept Donald

RE: Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - TheLeonardLeap - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 04:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Id throw Joey Bosa in there too...hes probably better against the run than all these guys too exept Donald

I thought about adding him to that list, briefly, but dude's only been healthy 2/5 seasons.

While I did add JJ Watt on my list, who also hasn't been healthy, his ceiling is leaps and bounds above Bosa's so far. 3x DPoY, 2x 20.0+ sacks... that's worth a bit of injury risk. I'd want potential like that if I was paying a guy $20m+/yr who hasn't been healthy.

RE: Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-15-2021

Won't happen, great player though. Just way too spendy. We need both OL and DL. Hunter would make the OL suffer.