Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm just saying it would be very hard to turn down the chance to play for the Chiefs and get paid and shitload of money while you're doing it. Big Grin

You are correct as usual Holic.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean XSF caliber players.

Ahhh, well I hope not. Hope they bring in Reader/Alexander caliber players...

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - J24 - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fair enough, we don't know how bad Fisher and Schwartz are off and they know better.

FA isn't over yet, hell, it hasn't even started. All I know is I wanted more in FA than just Thuney.
Free agency started at 12 today. I agree not all is lost but it's not like the Bengals have given people hope.

RE: Thuney wanted to join the Bengals; Bengals lowballed him - Nicomo Cosca - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:12 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Tyler Dragon saying we also low balled Kevin Zeitler

[Image: 81981272.jpg]

Bengals attempted to bring back Zietler - Trademark - 03-15-2021

lol....

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - WeezyBengal - 03-15-2021

"The #Bengals did attempt to bring back guard Kevin Zeitler, but their offer wasn't near Baltimore's three-year deal worth $22 million, including $16 million fully guaranteed, per sources."

Classic.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They cut their 2 best OT's...

Then they signed a Guard for 16 mil a year....

We will see how this works out. I saw those backup OT's in the Super Bowl...

Did you?

That 2nd round OT steal I was hoping for isn't getting past KC it seems.

RE: Thuney wanted to join the Bengals; Bengals lowballed him - Rubekahn29 - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Free Agency is still 2 days away. 

It gets a little out of hand around here right before FA. Did last year too and we saw how much they spent on D.

I hope they do the same this FA to protect Burrow and get pass rushers.

This crap about FA not happening yet. That’s not stopping any other team from getting players now is it?

RE: Bengals attempted to bring back Zietler - WeezyBengal - 03-15-2021

Classic Bengals right thur.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - samhain - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, I know Thuney wanted to come here but we need to fill a lot of holes and paying him 16-18 mil a year would mean we 
couldn't get the other holes filled. Both sides of the Line need filled with top tier players. We can still do this, we wouldn't of 
been able to if we signed Thuney for that much.

I get it, and I'm trying to be positive here, but other holes aren't looking very filled.  Like, as in no holes filled whatsoever.  I remember Reader and Waynes were announced out of the blue, so maybe something is coming down the pipe.  

There's something to be said for letting the market settle and getting talent at value, but there's a fine line between being patient and smart and watching free agency blow past you while other teams load up.  

The real head scratcher is the teams doing the signing.  Tampa and KC are both teams paying a chunk of cap to top-end quarterbacks.  Still, they have the balls and smarts to hunt free agent big game.  The Bengals have a QB on a rookie deal plus a pile of free cap and they're in the corner poking at a pile of poo-poo with a stick they found.  They are the exact team that can and should be loading up and they're, so far, embarrassing themselves.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Murdock2420 - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ahhh, well I hope not. Hope they bring in Reader/Alexander caliber players...

I don't see a Reader level of player left in FA at guard.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Bengalholic - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “BuT iTs A TWo wAY sTReEt”

How can any team sign any free agent without it being 2 way street? Don't both sides have to agree? Mellow

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - samhain - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: "The #Bengals did attempt to bring back guard Kevin Zeitler, but their offer wasn't near Baltimore's three-year deal worth $22 million, including $16 million fully guaranteed, per sources."

Classic.

I guess you really can't make guard contracts go back to 1985 market value with thoughts and prayers after all.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: That 2nd round OT steal I was hoping for isn't getting past KC it seems.

Im betting there's going to be a run on Offensive Lineman end of the first and start of the second. Might not be an offensive tackle by pick #38.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GreenCornBengal - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Im betting there's going to be a run on Offensive Lineman end of the first and start of the second. Might not be an offensive tackle by pick #38.

If this team was smart, they’d use this to their advantage and trade out of #5 for more picks...

Thuney wanted to join the Bengals; Bengals lowballed him - Bronxbengal - 03-15-2021

Different year same outcome. The Bengals are cheap cheap cheap. Burrow needs to get out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - StoneTheCrow - 03-15-2021

I’m predicting they make a splash signing by the end of the night.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - George Cantstandya - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We just saw actual good players choose to come here last year (Reader, Bell, Waynes, Alexander). Saying “maybe no one wants to come here” is a cop out.

The Chargers have a reputation almost as bad as the Bengals, yet they just managed to sign a top player to protect their franchise QB.

Some of that is very arguable and IMO Reader was in the overpaid category.  Also I didn't say no one wants to come here.  I'm saying if say a free agent is offered, to make things simple, $1 to play and start for the Chiefs or $1.25 to play for the Bengals I'm guessing most would choose the Chiefs.  They are at the top of their game and want to keep winning.

Also the Chargers won a playoff game against the Raven Jan 6, 2019. So I argue their reputation is better than the Bengals. The Bengals are what they are and managed horribly in my opinion.  Again as much as I dislike it, this team we love is not a team a lot top tier players aspire to get contracts from.

RE: Bengals attempted to bring back Zietler - Trademark - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Classic Bengals right thur.

It's a new dey!!!!

RE: Bengals attempted to bring back Zietler - Gdale_Bengal - 03-15-2021

Bungles still unwilling to spend for good guards.
Zeitler is still an above average guard blocking for a bad Giants offense.