Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - sandwedge - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m tired of maybes. Just sign some good players. And I’d much rather overpay the guys that protect our franchise than a NT or CB.

Did Zeitler even want to come here?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GreenCornBengal - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 09:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Did Zeitler even want to come here?

How many players have been drafted by the Bengals, left in free agency and then returned? I’m legitimately curious...

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 09:05 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: So it is time to over pay an o-line player that is just in in for the cash?  That makes sense.... Great way to build a team.   Albert Haynesworth says hello.  :)

LOL ok so we should only sign players that don’t care about money

Some entertaining takes up in here tonight. I’ll give you all that much.

(03-15-2021, 09:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Did Zeitler even want to come here?

Who knows. The Bengals made it an easy decision not to though.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 09:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah.  Obviously, we need to make some moves on the OL.  However, we're 8 hours into the tampering period and there's still a good number of quality starters out there.  I don't see the need for panic.

Now if Friday rolls around and they still haven't brought in a couple offensive lineman I'll be the first one off the ledge.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - George Cantstandya - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 09:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL ok so we should only sign players that don’t care about money

Some entertaining takes up in here tonight. I’ll give you all that much.

You are the one that said to over pay a player, not me.   Do you know what over paying means?  Hint it means paying more than they are worth. :)

(03-15-2021, 09:12 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: You are the one that said to over pay a player, not me.   Do you know what over paying means?  

What are you even arguing here? You can still be a really good player and be overpaid relative to market value.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BrownAssClown - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 09:12 PM)Synric Wrote: Now if Friday rolls around and they still haven't brought in a couple offensive lineman I'll be the first one off the ledge.

Well it all depends "who" they might bring in. I'm tired of the K-Mart Blue Light Specials.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - sandwedge - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 09:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who knows. The Bengals made it an easy decision not to though.

The guy is on his 4th team, wonder why that is?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - psychdoctor - 03-15-2021

I think the Bengals will address the DL and maybe WR now that some of the top IOL have signed elsewhere. I also think the Bengals may address the IOL needs in the draft early. At least I would hope they do. If the team retains Lawson and maybe signs Hendrickson, at least DE need has been addressed.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - NATI BENGALS - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You're right.
Instead, they'll bring a bunch of B/C-tier guys and end up maybe getting 6-7 wins.
THAT WILL TEACH THOSE TEAMS WHO SPEND IN FA!!!

I bet we will make some moves that improve the team. Just because we didn't make one guy the highest paid at his position doesn't mean we are not working to get better.

(03-15-2021, 09:16 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The guy is on his 4th team, wonder why that is?

There’s that spin!

Zeitler has been a very good NFL Guard. There’s absolutely no reason to go looking for mystery reasons or issues that simply aren’t there. NY couldn’t afford his cap hit, so they cut him. Simple as that.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 09:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I bet we will make some moves that improve the team. Just because we didn't make one guy the highest paid at his position doesn't mean we are not working to get better.

It doesn't have to be one of the highest-paid guys, but getting those guys gives fans more confidence and should result in more ticket sales.
If you get some guys that are lesser known names and/or maybe didn't perform as an above-average contributor with their previous team, it could result in less excitement and ticket sales going into the season.
Regardless, it's what the team does after those acquisitions. If they don't win, it won't matter.

And technically, 6-7 wins would be an improvement over 2021. Is that good enough?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Destro - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s one of the most accurate and depressing posts I’ve ever seen on these boards.

I'm sure one day they will discover an illness and call it "Bengals Fan Derangement Syndrome." Only treatment is playoff wins. It is an incurable disease. 

(03-15-2021, 08:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Now now.  We don't want to be blowing our wad like Dan Snyder.
I live in the DC/Baltimore area. You have to be specific about Dan Snyder blowing a wad. Can be taken multiple ways. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Gamma Ray Tan - 03-15-2021

Carl Lawson to Titans

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BrownAssClown - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 09:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s that spin!

Zeitler has been a very good NFL Guard. There’s absolutely no reason to go looking for mystery reasons or issues that simply aren’t there. NY couldn’t afford his cap hit, so they cut him. Simple as that.

Must have something left in the tank, he was the first lineman gone in free agency today. I'm sure the Ravens front office did their homework on him, I don't think they're a bunch of baffoons over there.

(03-15-2021, 09:33 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Carl Lawson to Titans

Holy shit our lines are going to be BRUTAL lol

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GreenCornBengal - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 09:33 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Carl Lawson to Titans

Link to this ink?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - StoneTheCrow - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 09:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Holy shit our lines are going to be BRUTAL lol

They just signed Bud Dupree https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1371620848499580928?s=21

Edit: agreed, not signed.

(03-15-2021, 09:33 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Must have something left in the tank, he was the first lineman gone in free agency today. I'm sure the Ravens front office did their homework on him, I don't think they're a bunch of baffoons over there.

The team that is a legit Super Bowl contender every single year? Nah. It was obviously a dumb signing. Good players never get cut... Ninja