Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Whatever - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 04:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The fact of the matter is we don't know anything other than we didn't get him.

Who knows what it would have taken to get him here?  For all we know, he would have taken the same exact deal here.  If the money is equal it could be as simple as playing near your hometown vs. playing for a proven winner.  Who are we to say the lure of a Superbowl trumps being near family?  We don't know.

Also, who is to say we couldn't offer slightly more?  We had way more cap space than KC.  Why is it so unforgivable for a team that desperately needs OL help to pay more for a player than a team with less cap space?

All I'm saying is the rich got richer, depsite having less money to spend.  And the poor (us) are chalking it up to "what can you do *shoulder shrug*"?

What we could have done to make that we do everything in our power this deals get done.  And maybe we did that, but forgive me for saying it doesn't appear that way, nor am I willing to give this front office the benefit of the doubt.

KC got Joe Thuney, depsite not appearing to be major players in free agency heading into the offseason.  The Bengals didn't get Joe Thuney, despite having the 5th most cap space, a roster full of potential cap casualties to clear more space, being near his hometown, and needing help at OG more than any other team.

I'm sorry, but that stings. 

Probably the same reason the Pats and Jets, both of whom have more cap space to spend than us and were after Thuney didn't get him.

KC doesn't need a WR1, 2 G's, a RT, maybe a C and a TE, 2 CB's, and 2 edge rushers like we do.  That allows them to concentrate their cap dollars on top players at positions of need while we have more cap dollars, but have to allocate those dollars to a lot more positions to fill holes.   

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Gamma Ray Tan - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 04:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Next QB will listen to the media telling him to avoid the Bengals.

Burrow is kicking himself (with his one good leg) for not listening to the warnings before the draft. It’s just sad how inept this franchise actually is.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-17-2021

There's pretty much nothing they can do now. They've already failed Burrow for the second year in a row. Putting 20 year old rookies in front of him isn't likely going to be an answer.

I too think with the ease in which QB's can get out, he'll likely be done here by year 3.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 05:02 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Burrow is kicking himself (with his one good leg) for not listening to the warnings before the draft. It’s just sad how inept this franchise actually is.

It's really something they watched what happened to him as if they didn't see it coming as we all did, and turned around and did the exact same thing to him going into year 2. 

Sure we we'll still sign an XSF or two, but it won't help much.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Trademark - 03-17-2021

Bengals really couldn't trade a 3rd round pick for Hudson?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Shake n Blake - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 04:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You’re right. I just remember 2017 was the year they let their two best Olinemen on a shitty Oline walk during free agency then proceeded to draft two offensive skill positions in the first two rounds of the draft (John Ross being one of those two) and I had a mini mental breakdown.

I think most people probably think of that year as the year it started, for those reasons.

I just wanted to point out that this whole scenario has been going on for a whopping 5 seasons and counting.

The Ogbuehi/Fisher/Bodine flops really hurt this team, and they did little/nothing in FA to remedy the situation.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Bengals731 - 03-17-2021

Best thing to happen now would be a setback for Joe during the recovery and him missing next year... They can’t send him out there with the same OL that got him hurt

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - J24 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 05:07 PM)Trademark Wrote: Bengals really couldn't trade a 3rd round pick for Hudson?

A third RD pick is a potential starter and they already have a Center in Hopkins.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 04:57 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Arizona finalizing deal for Hudson. Another upgrade is gone.

shing for the former #Raiders Pro Bowler.
Quote Tweet

Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
· 6m
The #Raiders are finalizing a trade of C Rodney Hudson to the #AZCardinals for a swap of draft picks, sources tell me and @RapSheet.

Looks to essentially be a 2 year 20 million dollar contract Cardinals are taking on.  There is no dead cap, so they can cut bait at any time if he gets hurt or doesn't pan out.

They're only giving up a 3rd and getting a 7th in return for one of the better centers in the league.  Not a bad way to immediately upgrade your OL.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TJ528 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 05:11 PM)J24 Wrote: A third RD pick is a potential starter and they already have a Center in Hopkins.

I hate to say it but there's a damn good change Hopkins wont be starting shit at the begining of this season coming off a torn up knee.  So guess what we get stuck with good ole Billy Price at Center.  Just hope and pray JoeyB can survive this make shift POS line. 

(03-17-2021, 05:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's really something they watched what happened to him as if they didn't see it coming as we all did, and turned around and did the exact same thing to him going into year 2. 

Sure we we'll still sign an XSF or two, but it won't help much.

That’s what is even more astounding, there are people paid to figure this out and don’t. Literally everyone has known how bad the line is, yet the people who need to know just ignore it and place band-aid after band-aid on the gaping, blood gushing wound and our franchise QB pays for it with his body.

(03-17-2021, 05:11 PM)J24 Wrote: A third RD pick is a potential starter and they already have a Center in Hopkins.

Hopkins is a ? at best this year. Regardless, you could move Hopkins to Guard and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. See how easy this for anyone, but the Bengals front office.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - fredtoast - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 05:02 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Burrow is kicking himself (with his one good leg) for not listening to the warnings before the draft. It’s just sad how inept this franchise actually is.

No he isn't. 

Just like the last two QBs we had here Burrow will go to multiple Pro Bowls and make multiple playoff appearances.

Burrow is a man not a drama queen.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - psychdoctor - 03-17-2021

(03-16-2021, 07:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, those two signings would satisfy me, as far as the Bengals doing a good job in free agency.  (nevermind the fact that they were tone deaf, while all of the player's agents were "feeling out" teams for deals, prior to the onset of the 'legal tampering" period)

Well crap, there goes Hudson.

(03-17-2021, 05:14 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I hate to say it but there's a damn good change Hopkins wont be starting shit at the begining of this season coming off a torn up knee.  So guess what we get stuck with good ole Billy Price at Center.  Just hope and pray JoeyB can survive this make shift POS line. 

Free agency isn't done yet and it's a deep offensive line draft. The offensive line will be addressed at some point.

As for Hopkins he is on schedule for opening day.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - fredtoast - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 05:20 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: That’s what is even more astounding, there are people paid to figure this out and don’t. Literally everyone has known how bad the line is, yet the people who need to know just ignore it and place band-aid after band-aid on the gaping, blood gushing wound and our franchise QB pays for it with his body.

Multiple first round picks and trading for the 8th highest paid OT in the league is the opposite of "ignoring" the problem.

It is amazing how ignorant some people here are of what this team had done in the last few years.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 05:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well crap, there goes Hudson.

Bengals had better wise up to the fact that quality interior OL cost double digit millions per year..

(03-17-2021, 05:23 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Hopkins is a ? at best this year. Regardless, you could move Hopkins to Guard and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. See how easy this for anyone, but the Bengals front office.

They could also sign David Andrews and not give up a third RD pick. Giving up draft picks in the top 100 isn't smart especially for 1 year rentals.

(03-17-2021, 05:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he isn't. 

Just like the last two QBs we had here Burrow will go to multiple Pro Bowls and make multiple playoff appearances.

Burrow is a man not a drama queen.

Tell that to his knees. But, you’re right I’m sure he loves getting obliterated when he drops back to pass. I can hear Zac yelling from the sideline. “Get Up Joe! You’ve only been hit 10 times! Be a man!”

(03-17-2021, 05:28 PM)J24 Wrote: They could also sign David Andrews and not give up a third RD pick. Giving up draft picks in the top 100 isn't smart especially for 1 year rentals.

Could..... we’ll see.