Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - PikesPeakUC - 03-17-2021

Apparently we're in on Golladay. A pleasant surprise for sure. Apparently it's only a one year deal, though.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BengalsRocker - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: With Whit, we were one year removed from 5 straight playoffs.  And his problems in getting an extension actually occurred during that run, the year prior in 2015.  He also was coming off one his best years.  That Bengals team didn't have nearly as many holes as their 2019 counterparts.

So I consider these to completely different arguments.  One team was still contending for the playoffs when Mike finally got involved to get Whit an extra year, while the other team was the worst in the league.  Whitworth was still at the top of his game, while Dunlap was completely non-existant for the first half of 2019 and Geno Atkins play had clearly started to diminish a bit.

Apples to oranges.

Whit is a complete freak anomaly.

I'm hard on the team and their moves/decisions but nobody could've known his future.

Bengals' FO gets a pass on his situation in my opinion.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Rubekahn29 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:46 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Apparently we're in on Golladay. A pleasant surprise for sure. Apparently it's only a one year deal, though.

Someone else will outbid us I’m sure. Apparently he’s visiting with NY.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Even Jonah has just been kinda meh.

I think Jonah needs to play in all 16 games this year, and at least play at slightly above average level, or the word "bust" may start to creep into conversation.

Fwiw, I'd say he was average last year.  Which, for his first year on the field, is pretty good.  But you can't just be an average starter with a significant amount of games missed when you're the #1 OL off the board.

I need to see him stay healthy, I need to see just the tiniest bit of improvement to feel ok with the pick still (not asking the world).

PS The Bengals have to decide whether or not to pick Jonah's 5th year option next spring, a full year in advance.  Just doing some quick math at this year's numbers, that would meant to commiting to around an 18 million dollar salary in 2023.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - HarleyDog - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Another day of doing absolutely nothing to protect their young franchise QB? Disgraceful.

Damn FO!

[Image: R3766efa3bc7c03f8d2d24569a22f8049?rik=7E...pid=ImgRaw]

Golladay - kalibengal - 03-17-2021

I saw on Bleacher Bengals made a 1 yr "prove it deal" offer to Golladay? Whats there to prove? Was he injured? or that he would be our best receiver? Isnt this the best rated FA WR ot there??

RE: Golladay - pally - 03-17-2021

RE: Golladay - CincinnatiBengals55 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:50 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I saw on Bleacher Bengals made a 1 yr "prove it deal" offer to Golladay? Whats there to prove? Was he injured? or that he would be our best receiver?   Isnt this the best rated FA WR ot there??

Down year for the WR market. This gives us a one year deal with him at good value and he'll give 110% this year so he can get his big payday somewhere next year. Makes sense for us and him. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:43 PM)Trademark Wrote:
Please sign this man

Somebody just needs to tell him that he'll have to compete with John Ross in NY for targets.  That's probably going to be enough to scare him away from landing in the big apple. Ninja

RE: Golladay - Burma - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:50 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I saw on Bleacher Bengals made a 1 yr "prove it deal" offer to Golladay? Whats there to prove? Was he injured? or that he would be our best receiver?   Isnt this the best rated FA WR ot there??

Injury.  Per Cincy Jungle

Quote:Golladay, a fifth-year player in 2021, is coming off an injury-plagued 2020 season that saw him catch just 20 balls for 338 yards and two scores in five games.

However, Golladay was on a tear the previous two years as he racked up 135 catches for 2,253 yards and 16 touchdowns across 31 games from 2018-19. He’s spent his entire career with the Detroit Lions after being a third-round pick out of Northern Illinois in the 2017 NFL Draft.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Schmitbuck - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:46 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Apparently we're in on Golladay. A pleasant surprise for sure. Apparently it's only a one year deal, though.

If they're able to pull off the one year, it could be a nice Comp pick in 2023.

RE: Golladay - QueenCity - 03-17-2021

Likely going to the Giants..... would LOVE to get him though.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BengalsRocker - 03-17-2021

Man I'd rather have some okay O-line signings and Chase/Pitts in the draft than an $10m 1 yr deal with this guy.

Set the future offense for many years.  Spend the money on the O-line instead.

Oh well.  Here we go...

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Rubekahn29 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Somebody just needs to tell him that he'll have to compete with John Ross in NY for targets.  That's probably going to be enough to scare him away from landing in the big apple. Ninja

I mean I would rather play with Burrow than D Jones but that’s just me.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:54 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I mean I would rather play with Burrow than D Jones but that’s just me.

Very true, but if you're Golladay you know you're the Guy in NY. Shepard? Slayton? Engram? Ross? NAH. Here Higgins/Boyd he would have to seriously contend with for Targets.

RE: Golladay - BobJones4980 - 03-17-2021

Hearing that he approached us about a 1 year deal and not the other way around because of the down market for WR.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - phil413 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Man I'd rather have some okay O-line signings and Chase/Pitts in the draft than an $10m 1 yr deal with this guy.

Set the future offense for many years.  Spend the money on the O-line instead.

Oh well.  Here we go...

We may still get the OL signings, especially if they move Geno and Hart. 

RE: Golladay - HarleyDog - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:58 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Hearing that he approached us about a 1 year deal and not the other way around because of the down market for WR.

Hearing from?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - phil413 - 03-17-2021

I don't like hearing the leaks of offers, does this happen as much with other teams? They made offers to two OL and missed, now this comes out.

RE: Golladay - BobJones4980 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hearing from?