Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:54 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I mean I would rather play with Burrow than D Jones but that’s just me.

That NY media is way less forgiving that the team friendly Cincinnati Enquirer..

RE: Golladay - phil413 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:58 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Hearing that he approached us about a 1 year deal and not the other way around because of the down market for WR.

If we don't improve the OL he may set a record for catches.  Run gets shut down, young star QB gets 1 second per down and picks the biggest target often. 

RE: Golladay - HarleyDog - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:02 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote:  

Thanks.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - fredtoast - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:43 PM)Trademark Wrote:
Please sign this man

Leaked by his agent in order to get a better offer elsewhere.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:02 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: If all that was the point you were trying to make in a post whining about the Bengals not re-signing Lawson & Jackson, then you must be really bad at communicating. 

But congrats on wasting your time typing that out.  

Meanwhile you’re spending your time whining about how a complete stranger spends their time. Even though we’re both spending our time on the same message board.

RE: Golladay - BobJones4980 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:04 PM)phil413 Wrote: If we don't improve the OL he may set a record for catches.  Run gets shut down, young star QB gets 1 second per down and picks the biggest target often. 

Also a real possibility he could be using us to push up the offer from the Giants, basically a I'll take the 1 year deal and get the bigger contract next year if you don't pay up type of situation.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-17-2021

Why would he come to us with a 1 year deal then visit a team offering more years? If they want him offer more years.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GreenCornBengal - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:58 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Very true, but if you're Golladay you know you're the Guy in NY. Shepard? Engram? Ross? NAH. Here Higgins/Boyd he would have to seriously contend with for Targets.

But he gets to play with Joe Burrow.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - 3wt - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Man I'd rather have some okay O-line signings and Chase/Pitts in the draft than an $10m 1 yr deal with this guy.

Set the future offense for many years.  Spend the money on the O-line instead.

Oh well.  Here we go...

I'm withholding judgment till it's played out, but I'm with you.   Put your money into offensive line before players that would make a substantial difference are gone.

Tic toc tic toc.

Get it done and stop outsmarting yourselves with the thought of getting the best deal.   We need a quality interior lineman  and a quality tackle going into the draft.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: But he gets to play with Joe Burrow.

On a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with a terrible HC/OC...

RE: Golladay - TheLeonardLeap - 03-17-2021

1 year prove-it deal for a 28-year-old Pro Bowl WR who had over 1k yards in both 2018 and 2019.

Bengals AF right there.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - HarleyDog - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why would he come to us with a 1 year deal then visit a team offering more years? If they want him offer more years.

Because he thinks he could show what he has in a prove it deal to get a better offer next year. Having a contract for several locks him in a down market year. He believes next year will be a better market year for good WR's.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - fredtoast - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Just so we're clear, I don't remember people calling for Carlos to be shipped off prior to 2019.  He was 30 years old at that time, it was the middle of the year, and he was due to be 31 the following year.

Geno Atkins is the same story, don't recall people wanting him shipped off until 2019 either.  Also middle of a lost year.  He was 31 at the time, due to be 32 the following year.
That is just it.  You obviously have a selective memory.
Many people here have claimed we were stupid to not have purged the roster of Geno and Dunlap and gone into full re-build mode in the 2019 offseason when we brought in new coaches.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why would he come to us with a 1 year deal then visit a team offering more years? If they want him offer more years.

My guess is that he prefers a 1 yr deal.  He's coming off a down year and a injury, and he's entering a decreased cap.  He probably wants to enter the market again next year and secure a bigger deal that what his multi-year offers are coming in at right now.

Fwiw, if I'm the Bengals I'd almost insist on at least 2 years.  Preferably 3.  Leave the 1 year rentals to teams who are a player away from getting over the hump.  We need more guys we can build around.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Because he thinks he could show what he has in a prove it deal to get a better offer next year. Having a contract for several locks him in a down market year. He believes next year will be a better market year for good WR's.

Right. So why visit the Giants if they are offering more years.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1 year prove-it deal for a 28-year-old Pro Bowl WR who had over 1k yards in both 2018 and 2019.

Bengals AF right there.

What have other teams offered? 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - J24 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 06:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And AJ Green and Eifert were both projected to be back i less than 2 months.

With the offensive line as bad as it is. And with Hopkins ability level as slightly above average. And the fact he is coming back from an ACL tear and may or may not be ready at the start of the season. And his back up is Price, do you really think he can’t be upgraded to protect Burrow’s surgically repaired knee?

Because I don’t. If I had an opportunity to replace him with someone better and without an injury concern I would definitely take advantage of it.
1.) Eifert injured his back during his ankle rehab in 2016 and that's why they pushed back his return date.  AJ injury was worse than the realized + when he was supposed to return the team was 0-8. So there was really no reason to bring him back at that point.

2.) Yes I'm comfortable with price starting a couple of games. Even if Hopkins isn't full go come the opener he probably only miss a handful of games. I think Price is capable of playing a couple of games.

3.) I don't have a problem moving on with Hopkins. What I have a problem with is giving up a third RD pick for a guy who will only be here a year or 2. It's not like it's championship or bust for us this season.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1 year prove-it deal for a 28-year-old Pro Bowl WR who had over 1k yards in both 2018 and 2019.

Bengals AF right there.

It's not a "Prove it deal" The Wide receiver market is awful this year. Golladay went to a team he knew had money and asked if he could do a one year deal until next year when the Salary Cap jumps back up.

Either a team sees the Bengals have made a 1 year offer and ups their multi year deal or Golladay punts Free Agency until 2022 when they salary cap jumps back up and the WR market stabilizes a little.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Trademark - 03-17-2021

Chad is vouching for the Bengals to sign Kenny G

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - HarleyDog - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Right. So why visit the Giants if they are offering more years.

That I can't answer JJ. Maybe F2F negotiation. Who knows?