Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: On a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with a terrible HC/OC...

Don't forget the practicing in the cold, rain, and snow.  Or a lightening strike ending your practice early, and forcing you indoors to a basketball court with 20 ft ceilings and a putt-putt type of astroturf.

On the plus side, we've got new unis, and if he any family member wants to get season tickets they get vouchers for a free hot dog and coke every game.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Many teams believe in letting a player go a year too soon instead of a year too late.

Many of the same people here who claim were stupid not to give Whit a new contract at age 35 also say we were stupid not to have gotten rid of Dunlap when he was 29 and Atkins when he was 30 because they were "Too old to build around."

For a team knee deep in a rebuild that prefers to build through the draft, picks for 29/30yr old Dunlap and Geno (and Green) would have went a long way. Sign me up.

A team knee deep in perennial playoff runs for the first time ever could have paid that 35 year old tackle for one more "championship run". 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Don't forget the practicing in the cold, rain, and snow.  Or a lightening strike ending your practice early, and forcing you indoors to a basketball court with 20 ft ceilings and a putt-putt type of astroturf.

On the plus side, we've got new unis, and if he any family member wants to get season tickets they get vouchers for a free hot dog and coke every game.

Hilarious  LMAO
Wow...

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-17-2021

The rebuild should be over this year, but it feels like it's just begun.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - pally - 03-17-2021

Samaje Perine re-signed for 2 years

Tony Brown for 1

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:23 PM)pally Wrote: Samaje Perine re-signed for 2 years

Solid move.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - fredtoast - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: A team knee deep in perennial playoff runs for the first time ever could have paid that 35 year old tackle for one more "championship run". 

The thing is that most 35 year old OTs decline.

If players don't declien at 35 and older then why should we have gotten rid of Geno and Dunlap at 20 and 30?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: The rebuild should be over this year, but it feels like it's just begun.

I wish it would begin.  It my mind it hasn't even started yet.

As long as Geno Atkins and Gio Bernard are here it's pretty clear this team refuses to jump in to a rebuild.  And really, you can probably throw Hart, Uzomah, and Hopkins onto this list as well.

None of these guys are that good, and none of them help us to start building Joe Burrow a roster than compete for a Superbowl in years 3, 4 and 5 of his rookie deal.  

So far this year is just like last year.  They kind of dip their toes into the rebuild water but they won't just get it over with and jump in.  They refuse to let go of the past, and admit they're better off without some of these guys in the long-run. 

They could be getting younger and replacing these guys with players who will gain experience in this system for down the road.  Instead they're letting all of these guy limp in until the end of their contracts, which expire after this year or next. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-17-2021

Tony Brown for 1

Perine was solid in the offense and a good special teams peice. Third special teams re-signing looks like Simmons getting to keep his guys.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Rubekahn29 - 03-17-2021

Tony Brown for 1

Think they release Gio?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GodFather - 03-17-2021

Wondering if you guys are still excited about Elizabeth Blackburn's "We're gonna change the culture and bring something special to Cincinnati" social media circuit talk after seeing the action of this free agent so far?

Cause my take away so far with the front office is..... same 'ole Bengals FA bullshit.

Im expecting another season with an offensive line that stunts everything about the offense once again....and praying Burrow doesn't have another serious injury.

This free agency is the equivalent of "Hey GodFather your tires are completely bald on your car!!"  "Really thanks I'll address that serious issue and replace the battery in my car it starts hard in mornings"

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Trademark - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:33 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Think they release Gio?

I hope not he played solid last year

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Many teams believe in letting a player go a year too soon instead of a year too late.

Platitudes are platitudes. While the reality is the Bengals wanted to bring Whitworth back that year. But, at a home town discount. They wanted him for about $10M x 1yr. He signed for 3 yrs/$30M with $12.5 guaranteed. Basically, they let him walk over $2.5M in guarantees and rolled over almost $12M at the end of the year.

Quote:Many of the same people here who claim were stupid not to give Whit a new contract at age 35 also say we were stupid not to have gotten rid of Dunlap when he was 29 and Atkins when he was 30 because they were "Too old to build around."

Every situation is different. So one player could be done at age 29 while another may continue to play at a high level. Which is why every situation needs to be treated on an individual basis.

And in 2017, Whitworth was playing at a significantly higher level than Ogbuehi. And Ogbuehi’s play up to that point indicating he wasn’t up to the task. The Bengals failed to recognize that and failed to adjust their plan accordingly. This was an unequivocal mistake.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Bengalholic - 03-17-2021

From SI AllBengals:

'NFL reporter Malik Wright says Golladay's representatives reached out to the Bengals because of his desire to play with star quarterback Joe Burrow. 

"For what it’s worth Golladay approached the Bengals about a one-year deal because of the market, not the other way around," Wright tweeted. "Giants are offering multiple years which is why it’s a waiting game."

Wright notes that Golladay wants to play with Burrow.'

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 07:30 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Damn dude, take a chill pill. The Steelers would have to give away the moon, stars, and galaxy to get above them to #4. Cry me a river already....

There’s more than one round and the Bengals need more than one Olineman.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Rubekahn29 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:34 PM)Trademark Wrote: I hope not he played solid last year

Yeah, but for the money he’s commanding I’m not sure if it’s fiscally responsible, especially if they need some to go to Oline.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - PikesPeakUC - 03-17-2021

Well, Curtis Samuel is headed to Washington. 3 years for 34.5.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From SI AllBengals:

'NFL reporter Malik Wright says Golladay's representatives reached out to the Bengals because of his desire to play with star quarterback Joe Burrow. 

"For what it’s worth Golladay approached the Bengals about a one-year deal because of the market, not the other way around," Wright tweeted. "Giants are offering multiple years which is why it’s a waiting game."

Wright notes that Golladay wants to play with Burrow.'

It's been a while since we've heard Free Agents say they want to catch passes from a Bengal's QB. 

Hope it catches on lol

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - fredtoast - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:33 PM)GodFather Wrote: Cause my take away so far with the front office is..... same 'ole Bengals FA bullshit.

Bengals committed $145 million to free agent contracts last year.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:33 PM)GodFather Wrote: Wondering if you guys are still excited about Elizabeth Blackburn's "We're gonna change the culture and bring something special to Cincinnati" social media circuit talk after seeing the action of this free agent so far?

Cause my take away so far with the front office is..... same 'ole Bengals FA bullshit.

Im expecting another season with an offensive line that stunts everything about the offense once again....and praying Burrow doesn't have another serious injury.

This free agency is the equivalent of "Hey GodFather your tires are completely bald on your car!!"  "Really thanks I'll address that serious issue and replace the battery in my car it starts hard in mornings"

You're not funny and you're beyond rude/disrespectful.