Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:59 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Well, Curtis Samuel is headed to Washington. 3 years for 34.5.

Gerald Everett to Seahawks for 1yr 6m. 

2 Guys I was hoping for... Cry

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - fredtoast - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:34 PM)Trademark Wrote: I hope not he played solid last year

Two things

-Gio went from playing over 40% of the snaps in 2019 (when Mixon was healthy all year) to about 20-25% before Mixon got injured in 2020.

-This year Mixon's cap hit goes up from $3.9 million to $8.1.

As much as I like Gio it just does not look like he will play enough snaps to be worth his contract.  especially with MIxon's cap hit being over double what is was last eyar.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-17-2021

I think when folks are this far off the ledge this early in the process; it's incubate on me to share the story of the old bull and the young bull.

An old bull and a young bull were standing on a hilltop over looking a heard of cattle

The young bull said to the old bull "Hey let's run down there and have relations with one of those cows"

The old bull said "No. Let's walk down and have relations with all of them"

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - JerseyDD09 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 08:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There’s more than one round and the Bengals need more than one Olineman.

It's the FIRST day of Free Agency. I predict they add (2) OL from FA at some point, and add (2) OL from the draft. 

And no, Pittsburgh doesn't move all the way up to #4 for Sewell. You're delusional on that one. Shocked

(03-17-2021, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think when folks are this far off the ledge this early in the process; it's incubate on me to share the story of the old bull and the young bull.

An old bull and a young bull were standing on a hilltop over looking a heard of cattle

The young bull said to the old bull "Hey let's run down there and have relations with one of those cows"

The old bull said "No. Let's walk down and have relations with all of them"

Then the young bull ran down the hill and got the best cow while the old one had to settle for two old bony ones.

I predict we get one decent OL and WR free agent this offseason.

Probably not stars but not scrubs either.

Might be by trade instead of free agent.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Two things

-Gio went from playing over 40% of the snaps in 2019 (when Mixon was healthy all year) to about 20-25% before Mixon got injured in 2020.

-This year Mixon's cap hit goes up from $3.9 million to $8.1.

As much as I like Gio it just does not look like he will play enough snaps to be worth his contract.  especially with MIxon's cap hit being over double what is was last eyar.

Running backs are not getting paid in FA

Bengals need to cut Gio, formers starters like Mack only got 2 million, so a guy like that could save us 2 million in cap space to spend on someone else or bank on our existing RB room and draft a RB in round 6 or7 or add one on league minimum after draft

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 06:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You'll probably see a few Horshack gif replies to this, but for myself, since we are in such dire need, DID NOT think it possible.

I would have bet a boatload of money that they would have hit that at least once and possibly two times. 

(03-17-2021, 06:41 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: ooooooohhh tony brown!

don’t care

Crap. I was driving through the tunnel near downtown RIGHT when Lance was saying "the Bengals re-signed......." and i forgot to check. 

I was hoping it was Alexander. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - J24 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I predict we get one decent OL and WR free agent this offseason.

Probably not stars but not scrubs either.

Might be by trade instead of free agent.

I would not be surprised if they traded for Brandon Scherif. 
Makes sense for both teams 5 for 19+ Scherif. They have done a similar deal twice Oneal in 04 and Glenn in 2018.
For Washington they could get their franchise QB @5.

(03-17-2021, 06:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, and I'm a little disappointed that for as far as we can tell, the team hasn't really made any serious effort to sign any of the significant OL that have signed with other teams thus far.  Then again, we don't really know the entire story.  Maybe the Bengals did reach out, maybe the players had no interest in coming to Cincinnati or maybe their agents just gave the Bengals a ridiculously high number.  Like I said, we really don't know.

A certain saying comes to mind about made beds and sleeping in them...

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - StoneTheCrow - 03-17-2021

Refresh. Refresh. Refresh.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - KillerGoose - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:20 PM)J24 Wrote: I would not be surprised if they traded for Brandon Scherif. 
Makes sense for both teams 5 for 19+ Scherif. They have done a similar deal twice Oneal in 04 and Glenn in 2018.
For Washington they could get their franchise QB @5.

I would be furious if they traded five for Scherff. He hasn’t played a full season since 2016. I would have loved him in FA, but trading away the #5 pick for a G that can’t stay healthy would be maddening.

(03-17-2021, 07:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well that was not the question! lol. No I’m super frustrated as well. I’m just trying to keep hope alive until it’s completely gone.

I've vented about this ad nauseum on these boards for years...

Let me just say this. You're better off never, ever doing that with the Bengals. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - StoneTheCrow - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've vented about this ad nauseum on these boards for years...

Let me just say this. You're better off never, ever doing that with the Bengals. 

Once you abandon hope it’s therapeutic. It’s the only way. This stuff really doesn’t matter but it’s fun to pass the time.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - J24 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:24 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I would be furious if they traded five for Scherff. He hasn’t played a full season since 2016. I would have loved him in FA, but trading away the #5 pick for a G that can’t stay healthy would be maddening.

Sewell won't make to 5 and 19 will still have plenty of OT options. Maybe WFT throws their two 3rd picks in the deal to sweeten for us.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - HarleyDog - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've vented about this ad nauseum on these boards for years...

(03-17-2021, 09:27 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Once you abandon hope it’s therapeutic. It’s the only way. This stuff really doesn’t matter but it’s fun to pass the time.

You guys make it sound like we're rooting for dead hookers in our time of need? Oh wait.... Now I get it. No bingadabang when the zipittyzip happens regardless of the thumpetythump which leaves you freezadadeezadong!

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - pally - 03-17-2021

another OL gone...Gabe Jackson traded to the Seahawks for a 5th round pick

(03-17-2021, 07:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think Jonah needs to play in all 16 games this year, and at least play at slightly above average level, or the word "bust" may start to creep into conversation.

Fwiw, I'd say he was average last year.  Which, for his first year on the field, is pretty good.  But you can't just be an average starter with a significant amount of games missed when you're the #1 OL off the board.

I need to see him stay healthy, I need to see just the tiniest bit of improvement to feel ok with the pick still (not asking the world).

PS The Bengals have to decide whether or not to pick Jonah's 5th year option next spring, a full year in advance.  Just doing some quick math at this year's numbers, that would meant to commiting to around an 18 million dollar salary in 2023.

I don't think you can even glance near the bust label for Williams yet, at least 'on field' wise. Injury sure, but last year he was just above average in Pass Block Efficiency and was 13 best in least amount of pressures (and yes, there were several guys above and below him with comparable snaps). 

Overall grade-wise he was a bit below average but his pass block grade was above. I can certainly live with a LT that is better at passpro than run blocking and he's just starting out. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-17-2021

Gio's our best Olineman. He's going nowhere.