Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - samhain - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 10:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: That's right, insult Jonah by pushing him inside so he refuses to sign a second contract and walks...

No worries.  If he moves inside and plays well, they'll give him some insulting offer and let him walk anyway.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 10:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: That's right, insult Jonah by pushing him inside so he refuses to sign a second contract and walks...

Because he has so much leverage after missing 22 games the last 2 seasons? Or would he be upset with playing on a potenially great offensive line?

(03-17-2021, 10:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: Makes sense. Sewell sat out last year and putting him at G for the first season or two will get him back into game speed and shape. 

He's also played multiple spots, so it shouldn't be too big a deal. Anyway, rookies play where you tell them to play. Big Grin

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-17-2021

Not every player acts like Carlos Dunlap

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Whatever - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 10:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I saw that Golladay is having an in-person visit with the Giants. 

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3354238/the-giants-are-bringing-in-kenny-golladay-for-a-free-agent-visit-which-are-apparently-still-a-thing-in-2021

I'm not sure if we're doing it or not though, or if there's restrictions.  But I would assume if this particular player is actually going there in person to meet with Joe Judge and Co., and he's not coming here then that wouldn't bode too well for us.  I would hope we have one scheduled as well.

Golladay is a weird one.  He apparently called the Bengals asking for an offer and they made him one.  He might be planning on visiting here after the Giants or it might just be a ploy for leverage.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - KillerGoose - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 10:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's also played multiple spots, so it shouldn't be too big a deal. Anyway, rookies play where you tell them to play. Big Grin

Sewell has only played LT in college, unless you’re referring to him playing G in HS.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 10:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because he has so much leverage after missing 22 games the last 2 seasons? Or would he be upset with playing on a potenially great offensive line?
Not to mention we would technically have 5 more years of control if we really wanted? (if he become a true stud). 

3rd year+4th+5th year option, and could tag him twice if we desired too..... so... I wouldn't worry about him walking....

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Whatever - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 10:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because he has so much leverage after missing 22 games the last 2 seasons? Or would he be upset with playing on a potenially great offensive line?

Can't imagine he'd be too pissed about the move after seeing what Thuney got.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Joelist - 03-17-2021

Leverage has nothing to do with it. You're asking a good LT to move inside for a total unknown who sat out the last season. We'd be setting ourselves up again to see another team step up and land a starting caliber LT from us. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-17-2021

Reports Riley in for a visit.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/17/report-riley-reiff-visiting-bengals/

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Joelist - 03-17-2021

If we land Reiff then the next question is which side to they put him at. If RT then they must plan on moving Hart inside. Which in turn would mean they are thinking Pitts.

(03-17-2021, 10:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Reports Riley in for a visit.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/17/report-riley-reiff-visiting-bengals/

You're gonna have to do something about that dial up internet 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're gonna have to do something about that dial up internet 

Pretty sure that’s what they have at PBS...

(03-17-2021, 10:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: Leverage has nothing to do with it. You're asking a good LT to move inside for a total unknown who sat out the last season. We'd be setting ourselves up again to see another team step up and land a starting caliber LT from us. 

I could be wrong, but i don't see Jonah being that type of person. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 10:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: If we land Reiff then the next question is which side to they put him at. If RT then they must plan on moving Hart inside. Which in turn would mean they are thinking Pitts.

They will cut Hart and apply is cap savings to Reiff's cap hit.

(03-17-2021, 10:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: Can't imagine he'd be too pissed about the move after seeing what Thuney got.

Yeah. If you're good enough, someone will pay you. 

(03-17-2021, 10:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Sewell has only played LT in college, unless you’re referring to him playing G in HS.

He played RT and G in HS, iirc. I think he's athletic and versitile enough to play just about anywhere. 

Paul Dehner Jr. Retweeted
Chad Johnson
@ochocinco
·
21m
@RileyRieff
Riley, Ocho here, you may have heard of me, welcome to the jungle, McDonald’s on me when the ink dries.

(03-17-2021, 10:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: If we land Reiff then the next question is which side to they put him at. If RT then they must plan on moving Hart inside. Which in turn would mean they are thinking Pitts.

Hopefully, they're looking for the first opportunity to cut Hart. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-17-2021

Honestly having 3 solid option to play offensive tackle would be a good problem to have and not one the Bengals have been used to for the last 5 or so years.

Smart way would let the rookie that has a limited amount of college starts play on the interior until the aging vet is released or contract expires.