Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 03-18-2021

Frank Pollack sitting at home like...

[Image: NeglectedGlamorousConey-small.gif]

Didn’t we just do this all defense thing last year?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-18-2021

(03-17-2021, 11:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Unless he restructures, I'd think Geno's gone.

Ogunjobi's an above-averge DT; really like the pickup.

Yesterday NFL Network mentioned his scheme diversity and I thought he would be a good fit in Anarumo’s hybrid scheme. Three technique in a 4-3 and a five technique in a 3-4. I remember liking him as a prospect when he was at the Senior Bowl.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 03-18-2021

(03-17-2021, 11:49 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This oline needs a vet that has a resume of playing at a high
Level for a extended amount of time.
This oline needs that one guy.to.show the others what a elite
Skillset looks like.
Spain was a nice pickup for a oline that was hemorrhaging badly.
But he has never been top 5 at his position.
Bobby Hart was a weak link.in.the Giants oline. He was never
Top.5 at his position.
I hope they sign Reiff. Now they arent pressured to.draft Sewell
Who hasnt played in what....almost 2 years.?
They can draft Spencer Brown or even Dillon Radunz in RD 2.

About 15 months.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 03-18-2021

(03-17-2021, 11:53 PM)J24 Wrote: larry had 11 sacks, 20 TFLs , and 28 QB hits in 2018 &19 seasons.  Love the signing!

I was looking at this pass rush production and was a little surprised at how low his grades were for what he was doing. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Trademark - 03-18-2021

This free agency is starting to become solid now. If they manage to get Reiff and Kenny G this off-season will officially be a W

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - wanga - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 12:24 AM)Trademark Wrote: This free agency is starting to become solid now. If they manage to get Reiff and Kenny G this off-season will officially be a W

? weren’t you the tool bleating earlier in the day how they ‘dunn nuffin, ima not even gonna watch any more’ despite FA just starting. Bwahahaha seriously dude

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Joelist - 03-18-2021

Reiff is the key. He can go to RT and they can move Hart inside which he is better suited for. Fill two gaps with one signing.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Murdock2420 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 12:40 AM)Joelist Wrote: Reiff is the key. He can go to RT and they can move Hart inside which he is better suited for. Fill two gaps with one signing.

Hart is best suited for bagging groceries or being a Tackle in pitt so Hubbard can pad stats twice a year.

If Reiff is signed, Hart should be cut immediately.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-18-2021

Welp, there's another decent pickup.....still looking for oline help tho....

(03-18-2021, 12:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: Welp, there's another decent pickup.....still looking for oline help tho....

[Image: ec9d96d101f719fde20a1b152d558c4d.gif]

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 12:44 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hart is best suited for bagging groceries or being a Tackle in pitt so Hubbard can pad stats twice a year.

If Reiff is signed, Hart should be cut immediately.

Has Hart ever even played G at any level (NY? FSU?)

I keep seeing people suggest we move him inside but what if he’s another Fred Johnson (much better at T).

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Shake n Blake - 03-18-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: If Reiff signs AND can play on an island on the right side then that would mean the odds of Pitts go up. It would also mean they may be thinking Hart to RG.

Noooo...what you do is you move Jonah to LG and still take Sewell. 

(03-18-2021, 01:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has Hart ever even played G at any level (NY? FSU?)

I keep seeing people suggest we move him inside but what if he’s another Fred Johnson (much better at T).

If he is better at T... holy crap, he'd make Jordan look All-Pro (by all the websites standards) at G.

As to the question, I can't find any record of him playing G, the Giants drafted him as a guard, he worked out to be a guard but they decided to keep him at T.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 01:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has Hart ever even played G at any level (NY? FSU?)

I think a good question would be, if he's capable of being such a decent guard then why wasn't he moved earlier?

This team has been starved for decent guards the entirity of his time here.  They've chosen to bring in outside guys like John Miller and XSF.  Alex Redmond has seen some starts.

Why wouldn't they have just moved Hart over earlier if that was a better position for him?  Is this something some fans are able to project out that the coaching staff was not?

Just saying, if he was really a legitimate option there, to the point of it being a better fit for him, I think they would have moved earlier and instead of signing some of these other guards they simple would have signed another tackle.

Look up his scouting reports....they say Guard and exactly because of the lack of lateral quickness. And the scouting all said he could be a good Guard but not a Tackle. Which we have seen in spades. 

(03-18-2021, 01:07 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think a good question would be, if he's capable of being such a decent guard then why wasn't he moved earlier?

This team has been starved for decent guards the entirity of his time here.  They've chosen to bring in outside guys like John Miller and XSF.  Alex Redmond has seen some starts.  

Why wouldn't they have just moved Hart over earlier if that was a better position for him?  Is this something some fans are able to project out that the coaching staff was not?

Just saying, if he was really a legitimate option there, to the point of it being a better fit for him, I think they would have moved earlier and instead of signing some of these other guards they simple would have signed another tackle.

Do you REALLY think our braintrust is able to swallow their egos and think like that? These are the same goobers who put him at RT, watched him have an epically bad season then signed him to an extension, anointed him the starter and got mad at fans for daring to suggest it was not a wise move. 

(03-18-2021, 01:07 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think a good question would be, if he's capable of being such a decent guard then why wasn't he moved earlier?

He makes too much money to be a guard here....  Hilarious Hilarious

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-18-2021

Have we had anyone (as bad as he is perceived to be) that was better than him to replace Hart at T?

(03-18-2021, 01:12 AM)Joelist Wrote: Do you REALLY think our braintrust is able to swallow their egos and think like that? These are the same goobers who put him at RT, watched him have an epically bad season then signed him to an extension, anointed him the starter and got mad at fans for daring to suggest it was not a wise move. 

I mean, why didn't he play guard in New York the 3 years he was there?

Why didn't we sign him to play at the guard spot to begin with? (No ego there, if you set the position and role from the jump)

If anything, moving him to guard, where it actually resulted in him playing better, would have made the FO look more intelligent.  It would have resulted in them coming out looking better than they did initially.  They could now claim the reason for the extension was for versatility and it was in their plans all along to eventually slide him over.

Maybe he could be a really good guard.  But the fact remains that the dude has been in the league for 6 years, all 6 years being a below average starting RT, and no one has moved him over.

One would think, out of two seperate franchises and four different head coaches (Coughlin, McAddoo, Lewis, and Taylor) that somewhere along the way someone would have figured this out and moved him inside.

(03-18-2021, 01:22 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Have we had anyone (as bad as he is perceived to be) that was better than him to replace Hart at T?

No, but my point is: If you have a guard position to fill, and Bobby Hart is actually a better guard than tackle, then why wouldn't just move him to guard and sign a tackle? Why didn't they do what people are proposing now a year or two ago?

You're still left with a hole either way.  If he stays at T then you need to sign a G.  And if you move him to G then you need to sign a T.

I mean, it's kind of wash is it not?  As much as people think tackles are paid, I promise you if you look at the guys outside the bigger names, the money between an average RT and an average G is not all that different.