Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - JerseyDD09 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 10:35 AM)Beaker Wrote: Here's me playing GM:

We sign Reiff and Golladay, we now dont have an urgent need to draft T or WR.

A QB hungry team allows us to trade back a few spots and pick up some draft picks.

Take Kyle Pitts.

Get interior OL help in 2nd and 3rd rds.

If they trade back even a few spots, Pitts will be gone. Some are predicting if the Jets stay put, that they'll even take Pitts. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 11:19 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: If they trade back even a few spots, Pitts will be gone. Some are predicting if the Jets stay put, that they'll even take Pitts. 

That is a rare exception Jets taking Pitts as few have Lawrence and Wilson not going 1 & 2

Falcons are in cap hell so don't be surprised if they also draft a QB

I believe our choices will be 
Sewell
Pitts
Slater

If we stay put

Right, but my opinion to her about Pitts was based off of her saying the Bengals would trade back and then take Pitts. If they trade back 2-3 spots even, that dude is long gone.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Bengalpool - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 11:30 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Right, but my opinion to her about Pitts was based off of her saying the Bengals would trade back and then take Pitts. If they trade back 2-3 spots even, that dude is long gone.

I think so as well.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Goalpost - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 11:19 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: If they trade back even a few spots, Pitts will be gone. Some are predicting if the Jets stay put, that they'll even take Pitts. 

Agree.  Pitts is as high as number three on some boards. If we trade back wanting him, we will have outsmarted ourselves.  I'd prefer just to stay put.  Sewell is the first priority for Joe's sake.  But if Sewell is gone take one of the wr's or Pitts.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - mikey6866 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 11:30 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Right, but my opinion to her about Pitts was based off of her saying the Bengals would trade back and then take Pitts. If they trade back 2-3 spots even, that dude is long gone.

(03-18-2021, 11:35 AM)Takedown Wrote: I think so as well.

Well see but i dont see Philly taking Pitts over Waddle or D.Smith.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 09:35 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I'm perfectly alright with him as a 4th or 5th receiver he had a couple of really good catches last year.

He had his share of WTF moments, too..

(03-18-2021, 10:33 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Worst news of free agency so far.  This guy is an absolute bum. 

Give one of those bottom of the WR depth chart spots to a late round pick, a UDFA, or find another cheap FA.  

This dude has been in the league for 5 years and has 276 yards receiving.  He makes Alex Erickson (another bum) look like Terrell Owens.

I'm with you on this, kind of a lazy signing for depth.  I guess he's a 'teams contributor and is familiar with the offense, so I guess they can stash him at the back of the roster.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GodFather - 03-18-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're not funny and you're beyond rude/disrespectful.

Actually Im not trying to be funny, and Im not rude nor disrespectful. Although you could say its disrespectful to fans to throw out BS product year after year and in the same breath say you are serious about winning as a franchise.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - spazz70 - 03-18-2021

So, if Reiff signs that is intriguing as he is a LT. IF, we are at 5 I think they still take Sewell if he is there. If not, hopefully trade down. With this move they will have opened up the draft. If we still get Sewell I would think Jonah slides inside to OG and put Sewell at RT to start his career.

Reiff, Jonah, Hopkins, XSF/FA/draft pick, Sewell

If Sewell not there does Jonah moved to RT? Pick another OG up in cuts? Draft 2nd round OG?

That would be an outstanding improvement in my mind for this OL.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-18-2021

I still hope they are looking at Andrews. Who would be an upgrade over a healthy Hopkins.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Au165 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 11:52 AM)spazz70 Wrote: So, if Reiff signs that is intriguing as he is a LT.  IF, we are at 5 I think they still take Sewell if he is there.  If not, hopefully trade down.  With this move they will have opened up the draft.  If we still get Sewell I would think Jonah slides inside to OG and put Sewell at RT to start his career.

If Sewell not there does Jonah moved to RT?  Pick another OG up in cuts?  Draft 2nd round OG?

He played RT last year, they have been steadfast in Jonah as LT so I would assume the plan is Reiff to RT.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TJ528 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 09:58 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I think Golladay could be using us as leverage, but I dont think the Mike Thomas signing would stop us from signing Golladay if he doesn't sign with the Giants. Thomas is more like solid depth and yet a good player on ST. 

Guys in regards to Golladay, if you're the Bengals Front Office wouldnt you pull the current offer on the table?  Why give the Giants a number to negotiate off of.  You pull your offer really the only offer he has would be the Giants.  

To me this disrespects the organization.  This also tells me he'd never stick around after a 1 year contract.  So why even entertain bringing this dude in.  Granted, the signing of Mike Thomas really shows we have 2 WR currently. 

After looking more indepth at free agency we've done well.  If we can sign the OT they're bringing in I think that elevates the free agency grade even higher, but I aint gonna let this Golladay dude play me if I'm our front office.  

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 07:00 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you pukes read mine in Sgt Slaughter's voice?  

I just wonder how terrible that guitar playing must sound with those hotdog fingers. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - MTBengalsFan - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 11:52 AM)spazz70 Wrote: So, if Reiff signs that is intriguing as he is a LT.  IF, we are at 5 I think they still take Sewell if he is there.  If not, hopefully trade down.  With this move they will have opened up the draft.  If we still get Sewell I would think Jonah slides inside to OG and put Sewell at RT to start his career.

If Sewell not there does Jonah moved to RT?  Pick another OG up in cuts?  Draft 2nd round OG?

Problem is the Bengals often have "drat" picks (along with a string of expletives) when it comes to their o-line picks. They are often "offensive" linemen in the literal sense!

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - SErebel11 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 11:57 AM)Au165 Wrote: He played RT last year, they have been steadfast in Jonah as LT so I would assume the plan is Reiff to RT.

Reiff

The 32-year-old played 58 regular-season games in Purple over four seasons, starting all of them at left tackle.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 12:04 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Reiff

The 32-year-old played 58 regular-season games in Purple over four seasons, starting all of them at left tackle.

Yeah O'Neill was the Vikings RT

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Whatever - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 11:58 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Guys in regards to Golladay, if you're the Bengals Front Office wouldnt you pull the current offer on the table?  Why give the Giants a number to negotiate off of.  You pull your offer really the only offer he has would be the Giants.  

To me this disrespects the organization.  This also tells me he'd never stick around after a 1 year contract.  So why even entertain bringing this dude in.  Granted, the signing of Mike Thomas really shows we have 2 WR currently. 

After looking more indepth at free agency we've done well.  If we can sign the OT they're bringing in I think that elevates the free agency grade even higher, but I aint gonna let this Golladay dude play me if I'm our front office.  

The Giants only have about $4 mil in cap space left. While they may be his first choice, the money has to be there.  Supposedly, Golladay has cited Burrow and Callahan as reasons he's interested in coming here.

The Bengals need to make a splash in FA.  If they pull their offer to Golladay and he can't work out a deal with the Giants, they look awfully foolish.

(03-18-2021, 11:54 AM)jj22 Wrote: I still hope they are looking at Andrews. Who would be an upgrade over a healthy Hopkins.

I'm down with that option. He could at least be the starter this year while Hopkins gets back to 100% and competes for one of the G positions. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 12:04 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Reiff

Riley Reiff played Right Tackle in 2016 with the Lions.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - SErebel11 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 12:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Riley Reiff played Right Tackle in 2016 with the Lions and then played Right Tackle in 2017 with the Vikings.

Vikings Release Riley Reiff

Just going off what this said. He played LT last season for certain which is what is relevant.