Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - psychdoctor - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 03:14 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I have a hard time seeing him pick us, especially with such a long visit, but you never know.

Giants do not have a lot of cap space, less than 5 mil.  Plus a one year deal with Burrow as your QB can get him a monster contract after this season.  Jones as your QB vs. Burrow.  I am biased ofc but Burrow can throw dimes if he is not running for his life.  

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 03:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Anyone else read this in the voice of Jim Ross?

Fwiw, that's exactly who I was thinking of's voice when I wrote "BAH GOD".

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 03:21 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Like i've said i have been a fan of this team since 1982 and the highlight of my fandom is definitely the 1988 season because i was old enough to remember all of it not just some of it.   

I'd love to see this team make the playoffs 7 out of 10 years.

I'd love to see Zac Taylor be successful because I like the idea of having a young coach being at the helm.  My only problem with Taylor currently is he's becoming Marvin Lewis in press conferences.  Horrible press conferences.  

Unfortunately, I see better than I hear, and what i seen the last 2 seasons is he isnt a leader.  He isnt someone who commands respect.  

My guess the reason JoeyB likes him is because Taylor went to Nebraska for college and that's where Burrows whole family went.  
You and I are alot alike bud!. In my late 40's and have followed this team since I was in diapers since my late father was from Cincy and a Bengals fan. First SB I was young and obviously remember it, but the 88 season I was in my mid teens, playing the game myself in HS by the time so had a MUCH better understanding of x's and o's and what the teams were trying to accomplish on the field, attacking certain weakness in schemes etc...

I have little faith in Zac and his staff as well, but like I mentioned until they are out the door (OR GET IT TURNED AROUND) I will be positive this is the year we see improvement until proven wrong. They shit the bed again this season I don't see a 4th.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 03:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I read it as Vince Vaughn imitating Jim Ross. LOL

Me right now...

(03-18-2021, 03:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Giants do not have a lot of cap space, less than 5 mil.  Plus a one year deal with Burrow as your QB can get him a monster contract after this season.  Jones as your QB vs. Burrow.  I am biased ofc but Burrow can throw dimes if he is not running for his life.  

and the Giants OL isn't much better either. I would say the Bengals weapons around Burrow are better as well, which would also help Golladay since teams would not be able to focus on him. We shall see....

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TJ528 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 03:28 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: You and I are alot alike bud!. In my late 40's and have followed this team since I was in diapers since my late father was from Cincy and a Bengals fan. First SB I was young and obviously remember it, but the 88 season I was in my mid teens, playing the game myself in HS by the time so had a MUCH better understanding of x's and o's and what the teams were trying to accomplish on the field, attacking certain weakness in schemes etc...

I have little faith in Zac and his staff as well, but like I mentioned until they are out the door (OR GET IT TURNED AROUND) I will be positive this is the year we see improvement until proven wrong. They shit the bed again this season I don't see a 4th.

Yea i actually hit the big 5 - 0 this year.  So I'm glad to have been around for the "good" years of the Bengals. 

Listen, I'll cheer on my Bengals until I'm blue in the face but i'll call a spade a spade at the same time.  

Completely agree with you that I'll cheer them on, "try" to remain positive, but have very little faith in Zac and his staff. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 03:30 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: and the Giants OL isn't much better either. I would say the Bengals weapons around Burrow are better as well, which would also help Golladay since teams would not be able to focus on him. We shall see....

Think we land Golladay if he passes a physical. Burrow pushed for him and we made a good offer I heard.

Just hope he doesn't have some underlying issues.

(03-18-2021, 03:34 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Yea i actually hit the big 5 - 0 this year.  So I'm glad to have been around for the "good" years of the Bengals. 

Listen, I'll cheer on my Bengals until I'm blue in the face but i'll call a spade a spade at the same time.  

Completely agree with you that I'll cheer them on, "try" to remain positive, but have very little faith in Zac and his staff. 

Think we all can agree with the last sentence.

Nice seeing some new posters that have been Bengal fans for awhile.

You guys ever on the other boards and have different names?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TJ528 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 03:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think we land Golladay if he passes a physical. Burrow pushed for him and we made a good offer I heard.

I can honestly say this is the first board I've ever contributed to and I'm glad I decided to join and contribute.  

Nice to interact with other Bengals fans even if they dont have the same opinions. 

(03-18-2021, 03:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think we land Golladay if he passes a physical. Burrow pushed for him and we made a good offer I heard.

Thanks! Glad to be discussing Bengals Football with people again!

I was on an NFL Board back in the late 90s, early 2000s. I forgot the name it was NFL something, but it was a MB geared to ALL teams, with sub forums for each team, then general areas etc. Probably the last forum I was on from a Football perspective. 

Hella Yeah

(03-18-2021, 03:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hella Yeah

Lets GO! Get some OL help!!

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Bengals731 - 03-18-2021

If we somehow get Golladay and sign Reif iy sure opens up the draft huh? Wow would be something if it happens , add Pitts at#5 and it’s scary how good the offense could be

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Joelist - 03-18-2021

Hopefully we close the deal on Reiff; we have a BAD habit of hosting visits, letting the player leave without a deal then seeing them sign elsewhere.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Bengalholic - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 03:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hella Yeah

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=63e6b07e44u9m5lxgxlcy6cmp6...=giphy.gif]

Big Grin

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - masonbengals fan - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 03:49 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I can honestly say this is the first board I've ever contributed to and I'm glad I decided to join and contribute.  

Nice to interact with other Bengals fans even if they dont have the same opinions. 

Welcome home. We may often disagree but we are still Bengals fans.  Who Dey

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Big Boss - 03-18-2021

Giants signed Rudolph.

Less money for Golladay.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 03:49 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I can honestly say this is the first board I've ever contributed to and I'm glad I decided to join and contribute.  

Well welcome aboard the best message board in the NFL brother. Rock On

(03-18-2021, 03:52 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Thanks! Glad to be discussing Bengals Football with people again!

I was on an NFL Board back in the late 90s, early 2000s. I forgot the name it was NFL something, but it was a MB geared to ALL teams, with sub forums for each team, then general areas etc. Probably the last forum I was on from a Football perspective. 

Awesome. Most of us on here were all on the official Bengals message board before they shut that down and BengalHolic 
here and others started this one which is much better in my opinion. Welcome aboard!

Cool

(03-18-2021, 04:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well welcome aboard the best message board in the NFL brother. Rock On

Awesome. Most of us on here were all on the official Bengals message board before they shut that down and BengalHolic 
here and others started this one which is much better in my opinion. Welcome aboard!

Cool

Thanks man appreciate it. Look forward to Bengals conversation and football in general!! Great to connect with Bengals fans again.

and thanks Bengalholic and others for making this board!!

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-18-2021

Best fan board on the net. Even with all the personalities. 
One thing is for sure, we love our team (and clearly are gluts for punishment). 

(03-18-2021, 04:12 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Giants signed Rudolph.

Less money for Golladay.

And the Giants have no one else to cut...interesting.  I really think Bengals have a chance to get him for one year at least.  We will see.