Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - samhain - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 09:14 AM)Beaker Wrote: Definitely helped Whitworth. He started at G and turned into one of our best LTs ever.

It's not a terrible idea, but I think it's a wait and see scenario.  I'd give Sewell snaps at tackle in camp.  If he looks the part, then I let him rip and don't look back.  Jonah can move inside, or maybe Reiff, but I like Jonah better as a candidate for a position change, maybe even at center, probably at LG.  

If they add Reiff and Golladay in a dream scenario, they could very easily take Sewell in 1 and a G in 2.  the 2nd rounder is right in the sweet spot of where the team invests in guards like Zeitler and Steinbach.  I'd even look at center if Humphrey or Dickerson are available there.  A line of Sewell-Jonah-Humphrey/Dickerson-XSF-Reiff would be a major infusion of talent.  You're taking a gamble with 2 rookies, but that's where they are.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 10:10 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Bengals just signed Galloday.

Wouldn’t that be nice to see after 3 days of nothing

Yeah or we finally released Reiff from being held Hostage and signed him

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - HarleyDog - 03-19-2021

It's been too silent for me. Almost like waiting for you wife to apologize. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TJ528 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 10:13 AM)samhain Wrote: It's not a terrible idea, but I think it's a wait and see scenario.  I'd give Sewell snaps at tackle in camp.  If he looks the part, then I let him rip and don't look back.  Jonah can move inside, or maybe Reiff, but I like Jonah better as a candidate for a position change, maybe even at center, probably at LG.  

If they add Reiff and Golladay in a dream scenario, they could very easily take Sewell in 1 and a G in 2.  the 2nd rounder is right in the sweet spot of where the team invests in guards like Zeitler and Steinbach.  I'd even look at center if Humphrey or Dickerson are available there.  A line of Sewell-Jonah-Humphrey/Dickerson-XSF-Reiff would be a major infusion of talent.  You're taking a gamble with 2 rookies, but that's where they are.

Honestly, I think if they sign Reiff they dont draft Sewell.  It's not an immediate need.  They can draft Slater and put him at guard until he takes over at RT.  Me personally, I'd sign Reiff, sign Trai Turner at Guard, and sign Galloday that way you dont have to draft for need.  You draft the best player available.  You can trade back and get additional draft picks.  This needs talent and a lot of it.  

Draft Pitts or Chase in the first round.  Give Burrow some weapons to work with.  If you take an offensive weapon with the 1st pick then I'd take a G/T in the 2nd round.  Again, if you look at how we've developed drafted OL since 2015 you'd hope we don't ever draft OL again 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - HarleyDog - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 10:23 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Honestly, I think if they sign Reiff they dont draft Sewell.  It's not an immediate need.  They can draft Slater and put him at guard until he takes over at RT.  Me personally, I'd sign Reiff, sign Trai Turner at Guard, and sign Galloday that way you dont have to draft for need.  You draft the best player available.  You can trade back and get additional draft picks.  This needs talent and a lot of it.  

Draft Pitts or Chase in the first round.  Give Burrow some weapons to work with.  If you take an offensive weapon with the 1st pick then I'd take a G/T in the 2nd round.  Again, if you look at how we've developed drafted OL since 2015 you'd hope we don't ever draft OL again 

We may not get Sewell now anyway even if we want him. Miami probably going to lock him up now they have their WR in Fuller.

(03-19-2021, 10:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: We may not get Sewell now anyway even if we want him. Miami probably going to lock him up now they have their WR in Fuller.

They'd be smart to if you seen how much Tua was getting pounded on last year.  

I mean at least Miami is giving their offense some weapons and more than likely OL help.  

As Marvin says, I see better than I hear.  Show me you're going to improve the OL. 

I know Rieff is in town visiting or being kept hostage one of the two but we also need to bring in a competent OG. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - lone bengal - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 10:02 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Lone, I was just saying this in my post a few minutes ago. 

The FO needs to bring in more talent to surround Burrow.  Right now you basically have 2 WR and a scat back in Gio.  Personally, I'd cut Gio and draft a young RB in his mold in the draft.  

We need more than 2 steady and good WR.  I don't consider Tate a starter because he's not consistent.   If we sign Reiff then that gives you the flexibility to bring in Chase or the TE out of Florida.   You have to get this offense some talent because honestly it's lacking right now.  

Glad we’re on the same page sorry didn’t see the post got so many pages in here lol. At this point if you miss out on Golloday there isn’t much that will make this offensive that much better and relying on multiple unproven draft picks isn’t a plan. This team has no strength / identity. The defense won’t be great and we’re not great on offense. We’ve got an offensive minded head coach and QB and we keep singing guys for Anarumo. Feels like Tobin had no plan. The Chargers seemed to have a plan by giving Herbert protection and building around him as the strength.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2021

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 10:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: We may not get Sewell now anyway even if we want him. Miami probably going to lock him up now they have their WR in Fuller.

Miami are in an excellent position to trade down. They really need talent in their defensive front 7 so trading down to say Carolina at 8 would put them in a great spot to take Micah Parsons. They might take Parsons at #3.

(03-19-2021, 10:30 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Glad we’re on the same page sorry didn’t see the post got so many pages in here lol. At this point if you miss out on Golloday there isn’t much that will make this offensive that much better and relying on multiple unproven draft picks isn’t a plan. This team has no strength / identity. The defense won’t be great and we’re not great on offense. We’ve got an offensive minded head coach and QB and we keep singing guys for Anarumo. Feels like Tobin had no plan. The Chargers seemed to have a plan by giving Herbert protection and building around him as the strength.

Your right there is no plan nor identity for this team.  

I think the reason they've went so hard on defense is it was more offensive than the offensive line last year and that's pretty offensive.....

Do i think the defense is fixed??? nope cause i think that defense will give up 25+ ppg as long as Lou is the DC.  I have about as much faith in him as I do Mike Brown.  

On offense, we had an identity when Carson was QB and then when Dalton was QB....we had steady WR.  Strong offensive line play.  Rudy playing running back for awhile, then Hill mixing in with Gio and some Cedric Benson....

On this offense, you can't get an running game going w/o a competent OL.  Hopefully, Pollack can fix that.  You have to have more than 2 threats on offense at WR.  It's a must.  There is honestly no one on this team that scares me right now.  

In the past, AJ would scare me, Marvin Jones scared me, Sanu, just to name a few....Boyds okay, so is Higgins but neither one will ever equate to an AJ Green or hell even a Chad Johnson lol 

Go get Chase or Pitts and you might be on to something. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-19-2021

Andrews returns to Patriots. Center market officially dry. Bengals will have to look to draft.

At this point the top 4 picks will be on the Oline.

(03-19-2021, 10:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: Andrews returns to Patriots. Center market officially dry. Bengals will have to look to draft.

At this point the top 4 picks will be on the Oline.

Unless they sign a WR soon they’re going to have to take one early. Absolutely can not go into next season with Auden Tate as a stater.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-19-2021

Someone posted we signed Reiff with a Twitter post.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - pally - 03-19-2021

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 10:50 AM)pally Wrote:

Was I supposed to be excited because honestly I’m just relieved at this point.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GreenCornBengal - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 10:51 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Was I supposed to be excited because honestly I’m just relieved at this point.

We’ve upgraded the line slightly. I’d say it’s a little exciting.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - CJD - 03-19-2021

BPA train is leaving the station and the Bengals just barely jumped aboard! Big Grin

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 10:50 AM)pally Wrote:

Guess it took Steak and Beer with Burrow to get the job done. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - lone bengal - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 10:39 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Your right there is no plan nor identity for this team.  

I think the reason they've went so hard on defense is it was more offensive than the offensive line last year and that's pretty offensive.....

Do i think the defense is fixed??? nope cause i think that defense will give up 25+ ppg as long as Lou is the DC.  I have about as much faith in him as I do Mike Brown.  

On offense, we had an identity when Carson was QB and then when Dalton was QB....we had steady WR.  Strong offensive line play.  Rudy playing running back for awhile, then Hill mixing in with Gio and some Cedric Benson....

On this offense, you can't get an running game going w/o a competent OL.  Hopefully, Pollack can fix that.  You have to have more than 2 threats on offense at WR.  It's a must.  There is honestly no one on this team that scares me right now.  

In the past, AJ would scare me, Marvin Jones scared me, Sanu, just to name a few....Boyds okay, so is Higgins but neither one will ever equate to an AJ Green or hell even a Chad Johnson lol 

Go get Chase or Pitts and you might be on to something. 

Yup in 2005 our offense was the strength. And we focused on the defense next just sucked Pollock broke his neck and Thurman had all those off the field issues. I feel like coaches can only do so much with bad talent and that some of the offensive line coaches have been scape goats for Tobins awful drafting. We were all 100% sure Paul Alexander was the problem and now we’ve shifted the blame to Turner and Tobin is the one constant. The lineman having talent is more important. Michael Jordan working out with Willie Anderson won’t make that big of a difference because Jordan can’t harness Anderson’s talents like it’s space jam lol.

Now go get a WR