Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-19-2021

Everyone with all the get Golladay talk.... Take a chill pilll...

Ravens reach out to Golladays agent so another team in the mix now....

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:10 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Call off the mob - now everyone can put down their torches and pitchforks.

Bengals are having a good FA.  If they land a WR then it could be great.

Trade for Ertz, then add Pitts, cut Uzomah

Ertz, Pitts and Sample would be awesome group in the TE room

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:27 AM)TJ528 Wrote: I think once we see the contract details that'll tell you what position he's playing.  

If it's for lower end he'll be playing right tackle and if its on the higher end he's playing LT.  

That's unfortunately how this organization pays its OL. 

That is how the entire league pays LT versus RT.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So you think they start Sewell at G (if he’s the pick) until Reiff is gone?

Yes Penei Sewell has a very limited amount of college starts so allowing him to play some guard to learn from Reiff and Williams and develop would be great for his career. 

Of course Reiff opens up that top pick for a possible Kyle Pitts Ja'marr Chase or Jalen Waddle pick at #5. Tackle at #38 to play some guard and develop possibly a Jalen Mayfield or Dillon Radunz.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TJ528 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:38 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is how the entire league pays LT versus RT.

right...well yea i guess i should've said that.  My apologies Luvnit. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Joelist - 03-19-2021

A main benefit of Reiff is now we have two tackles who can play on islands. This means we can free our RB/TE from being inline so much and give Burrow another target. So....I suspect Reiff may mean Pitts is their man.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BengalFanInNJ - 03-19-2021

I think the Golladay ship has sailed.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TJ528 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:30 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know he's going nowhere, but I mean he's staying at LT.

He a very good LT and improved as the year went on; you don't move him.

Not ass-backwards at all.

Me personally I'd put a guy with a lot of experience and has shown he can stay healthy at LT.  

Rieff if I'm correct is pretty durable.  He missed 1 snap in 2020.  You need durability on the blind side of JoeyB. 

I personally didnt think Williams was "very good"....just my opinion. 

He's a T who's still learning, and learning the speed of the NFL.  10 games does not make a career.  

Does he have the potential to be a good LT yes...but do i think he'll ever be the quality of Whitt...no...

Lets just hope whatever position he plays this year he can "finally" stay healthy. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:35 AM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Everyone with all the get Golladay talk.... Take a chill pilll...

Ravens reach out to Golladays agent so another team in the mix now....

No need to stress over Golladay anyway. There are a ton of WRs still available in FA, many likely going to be willing to sign a cheaper 1-2 year deal due to the market.

Some key names aside from Golladay:
- TY Hilton
- Golden Tate
- Sammy Watkins
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (although I don't see this one happening given everything that happened while he was a Steeler)
- Josh Reynolds
- Chris Conley
- Willie Snead

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Memphis_Bengal - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:39 AM)Synric Wrote: Yes Penei Sewell has a very limited amount of college starts so allowing him to play some guard to learn from Reiff and Williams and develop would be great for his career. 

Of course Reiff opens up that top pick for a possible Kyle Pitts Ja'marr Chase or Jalen Waddle pick at #5. Tackle at #38 to play some guard and develop possibly a Jalen Mayfield or Dillon Radunz.

I think if we sign Golladay you either take Pitts, Sewell or trade down for Slater if possible. Take a WR in later rounds.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Bengalpool - 03-19-2021

Buh bye Hart and Finley.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BobJones4980 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: No need to stress over Golladay anyway. There are a ton of WRs still available in FA, many likely going to be willing to sign a cheaper 1-2 year deal due to the market.

- TY Hilton
- Golden Tate
- Sammy Watkins
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (although I don't see this one happening given everything that happened while he was a Steeler)
- Josh Reynolds
- Chris Conley
- Willie Snead

Outside of maybe Hilton I'd pass on those guys and look to draft someone in rounds 3-5 unless Burrow has to have Chase at 5.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:48 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Outside of maybe Hilton I'd pass on those guys and look to draft someone in rounds 3-5 unless Burrow has to have Chase at 5.

The Bengals have Higgins, Boyd, Tate, and Thomas under contract. They need two WRs. Get a veteran and also draft a WR in Rds 3-5. The veteran likely isn't signing for more than a year or two anyway, so it would give a stopgap while the drafted WR develops.

This approach goes out the window though if Chase, Smith, or Waddle is taken. If you take a WR in 1st round, they need to be one of your top 3 WRs.

I still believe Sammy Watkins can be a quality WR in the league, but he got forgotten in KC with Hill, Kelce, and Hardman. He only got 55 targets last year and still put up 421 yards. I'd like to think he'd be able to put up 800+ if he got 100+ targets. He's only 27 years old, so he should have a good few years in him. Playing with Burrow in a high passing volume offense on a 2 or 3 year contract might be good for him.

(03-19-2021, 11:48 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Outside of maybe Hilton I'd pass on those guys and look to draft someone in rounds 3-5 unless Burrow has to have Chase at 5.

Chris Conley would be a cheap solid veteran receiver signing big and fast good #3 material. That would allow them to work in a younger 3rd to 5th round pick instead of dropping them into the fire.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: No need to stress over Golladay anyway. There are a ton of WRs still available in FA, many likely going to be willing to sign a cheaper 1-2 year deal due to the market.

- TY Hilton
- Golden Tate
- Sammy Watkins
- Josh Reynolds
- Chris Conley
- Willie Snead

Right. Golladay wouldn't have even been a thought if he didn't reach out to the Bengals and beg for a 1 year contract offer. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So you think they start Sewell at G (if he’s the pick) until Reiff is gone?

That's be my guess.

Or, it's a team-friendly deal whereupon they can get out of the Reiff contract after 1 season and if the T drafted proves their worth this year, then you can shift him over.

Otherwise, you let them sit multiple years to get acclimated, before shifting him.

(03-19-2021, 11:45 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Me personally I'd put a guy with a lot of experience and has shown he can stay healthy at LT.  

Rieff if I'm correct is pretty durable.  He missed 1 snap in 2020.  You need durability on the blind side of JoeyB. 

I personally didnt think Williams was "very good"....just my opinion. 

He's a T who's still learning, and learning the speed of the NFL.  10 games does not make a career.  

Does he have the potential to be a good LT yes...but do i think he'll ever be the quality of Whitt...no...

Lets just hope whatever position he plays this year he can "finally" stay healthy. 

I don't disagree, but as Synric said, you don't draft your LT of the future and move him after two seasons, unless he is hot garbage.

And Jonah is FAR from hot garbage. His only real negative has been injury.

I too think he will never be up to Whitworth's level, but when all is said and done, I feel he'll be the 3rd best LT we've ever had, after Munoz and Whitworth (and 4th best T ever).

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trade for Ertz, then add Pitts, cut Uzomah

Ertz, Pitts and Sample would be awesome group in the TE room

I forgot Ertz wanted to be traded. Send them a 3rd and then take Sewell assuming he’s available.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Frank Booth - 03-19-2021

I’m sold on the idea of drafting Sewell and putting him at guard until a Jonah or Reiff injury occurs.

Maybe they don’t pick up Williams 5th year option. Maybe Reiff retires early.

I just want the Bengals to have a great running game. Burrow can make stuff happen with Boyd and Higgins as the 1 and 2

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - KillerGoose - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:39 AM)Synric Wrote: Yes Penei Sewell has a very limited amount of college starts so allowing him to play some guard to learn from Reiff and Williams and develop would be great for his career. 

I’ve seen you say this before and I’m curious as to what you mean by “very limited”. Sewell has 20 collegiate starts out of 27 possible games, excluding the COVID season. We’re looking at almost two full seasons worth of starts. Is that considered very limited? Legitimately curious, as I’ve never heard anyone mention inexperience.