Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-19-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think when folks are this far off the ledge this early in the process; it's incubate on me to share the story of the old bull and the young bull.

An old bull and a young bull were standing on a hilltop over looking a heard of cattle

The young bull said to the old bull "Hey let's run down there and have relations with one of those cows"

The old bull said "No. Let's walk down and have relations with all of them"

(03-17-2021, 09:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then the young bull ran down the hill and got the best cow while the old one had to settle for two old bony ones.

(03-19-2021, 10:56 AM)Synric Wrote: Guess it took Steak and Beer with Burrow to get the job done. 

The old bull continues to slowly walk down the hill. Meanwhile the young bull has passed out from exhaustion, the best cow remains unsatisfied and the 2 bony ones need love too.....it's making its way down the hill

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - mikey6866 - 03-19-2021

Waiting on Reiff financials but i already love the move being that it meant bobby harts release. Gotta give it a B+ just for that.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Whatever - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The old bull continues to slowly walk down the hill. Meanwhile the young bull has passed out from exhaustion, the best cow remains unsatisfied and the 2 bony ones need love too.....it's making its way down the hill

You've been watching Colors again, haven't you?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: You've been watching Colors again, haven't you?

Too many Sean Penns around here.

Geno cut as well now

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GreenCornBengal - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 12:38 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Geno cut as well now

So, question is, do we use the money from today’s cuts to sign more FAs or does it cover the guys we just signed? Hoping we have a second wave of signings here over the next week.

(03-19-2021, 12:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So, question is, do we use the money from today’s cuts to sign more FAs or does it cover the guys we just signed? Hoping we have a second wave of signings here over the next week.

Well were back to having about 30 mil in cap room but that doesnt count Reiff as we dont know what he signed for or what his cap hit is yet.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - masonbengals fan - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The old bull continues to slowly walk down the hill. Meanwhile the young bull has passed out from exhaustion, the best cow remains unsatisfied and the 2 bony ones need love too.....it's making its way down the hill

Closer to the bone the sweeter the meat.

At least to a point. LOL

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: No need to stress over Golladay anyway. There are a ton of WRs still available in FA, many likely going to be willing to sign a cheaper 1-2 year deal due to the market.

Some key names aside from Golladay:
- TY Hilton
- Golden Tate
- Sammy Watkins
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (although I don't see this one happening given everything that happened while he was a Steeler)
- Josh Reynolds
- Chris Conley
- Willie Snead

I gotta be honest, none of those names do anything for me.

Hilton and Tate are both over 30 and have been declining for a couple of years now.

Watkins can't stay healthy, and even in a KC offense that threw for 4,700 yards in 2019, he still only managed 673 yards and 3 TD's in 14 games played.

JuJu isn't that good and he's a douche nozzle.  I'd legitimately rather have John Ross than him just based on principle.

Renyolds, Conley and Snead are all pretty much bums.

I don't see a single name you can build off of.  But that's ok even if we don't get Golladay.  I'd just look at filling the 3rd WR spot with our 1st or 2nd pick.  They'll be younger, they'll be cheaper, and they'll be somebody who we can build around Joe.

Just my opinion...

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Earendil - 03-19-2021

(03-17-2021, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think when folks are this far off the ledge this early in the process; it's incubate on me to share the story of the old bull and the young bull.

An old bull and a young bull were standing on a hilltop over looking a heard of cattle

The young bull said to the old bull "Hey let's run down there and have relations with one of those cows"

The old bull said "No. Let's walk down and have relations with all of them"

Is that a story from the Old Testament?  Who the heck says 'relations'? Tongue

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 12:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I gotta be honest, none of those names do anything for me.

Hilton and Tate are both over 30 and have been declining for a couple of years now.

Watkins can't stay healthy, and even in a KC offense that threw for 4,700 yards in 2019, he still only managed 673 yards and 3 TD's in 14 games played.

JuJu isn't that good and he's a douche nozzle.  I'd legitimately rather have John Ross than him just based on principle.

I don't see a single name you can build off of.  But that's ok even if we don't get Golladay.  I'd just look at filling the 3rd WR spot with our 1st or 2nd pick.  They'll be younger, they'll be cheaper, and they'll be somebody who we can build around Joe.

Just my opinion...

The Bengals don't need an elite receiver though. They arguably have their WR1 and WR2, both of whom are basically 1000+ yard guys. They just need a WR3, someone who can get 600+ yards. Any of the guys listed can do that. Regardless, getting a WR in FA helps allow the Bengals to instead take a WR in middle rounds and develop for a year (or two) vs having to get one in Rd 1 or 2.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 12:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I gotta be honest, none of those names do anything for me.

Just my opinion...
Agreed, not to mention a younger guy from the draft would cost a lot less.

there is alot of talented Pass Catchers in this draft we could get at 5 or 38.
Chase, Pitts, D.Smith, Waddle, Bateman, Marshall, Toney to name a few...

***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 03-19-2021

With the release of geno the sweeping away of all the defensive holdovers is pretty much complete. Last year we re-did the lb core and, done dl and dbs. This year we finished up most of the retooling. The defense will look totally different.

Hope sour Lou knows wtf he’s doing. It’s his def now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Frank Booth - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals don't need an elite receiver though. They arguably have their WR1 and WR2, both of whom are basically 1000+ yard guys. They just need a WR3, someone who can get 600+ yards. Any of the guys listed can do that. Regardless, getting a WR in FA helps allow the Bengals to instead take a WR in middle rounds and develop for a year (or two) vs having to get one in Rd 1 or 2.

Agreed completely. If the can grab TY Hilton for really cheap? I say get him.

He’s a wr3 at this point in his career to be honest. And a good one at that

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals don't need an elite receiver though. They arguably have their WR1 and WR2, both of whom are basically 1000+ yard guys. They just need a WR3, someone who can get 600+ yards. Any of the guys listed can do that. Regardless, getting a WR in FA helps allow the Bengals to instead take a WR in middle rounds and develop for a year (or two) vs having to get one in Rd 1 or 2.

I would take a combo of Ertz and Pitts right now. Ertz is a complete and elite TE, Pitts is a pass catcher and a nightmare for defenses in pass coverage,

I would love
Ertz
Pitts
Sample

Great TE room

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Whatever - 03-19-2021

The issue with this logic is AJ got over 100 targets and 500 some yards last year.  You need a guy that can get you 900+ yards with that kind of target volume. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - thompson19osu - 03-19-2021

Is there no further discussions with Golladay??? I see the Ravens are now interested.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 01:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: The issue with this logic is AJ got over 100 targets and 500 some yards last year.  You need a guy that can get you 900+ yards with that kind of target volume. 

AJ also only caught 47 passes on those 104 targets. It would be expected that whoever is brought in should catch at least 60 passes if receiving 100 targets, which should result in 600+ yards.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Frank Booth - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 01:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: The issue with this logic is AJ got over 100 targets and 500 some yards last year.  You need a guy that can get you 900+ yards with that kind of target volume. 

You have a flawed logic. Yes Green put up the 500+ yards on over 100+ targets, but he was terrible and inefficient.

Plus, bengals should not throw the ball as many times as they did last year.

The run game has to be addressed. Enough with the shiny weapons crap.

Work on the trenches. It helps burrow, it helps mixon, it helps the team.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 03-19-2021

To each their own, but I don't look at it like a stats thing (we only need to get 600 yards out of WR3). 

I look at it more like a need thing.  We need a WR who can stretch the field and who can play opposite of Tee on the outside (Boyd remains in the slot.)  Usually outside receivers, who are both somewhat big and fast, don't necessarily get labeled as WR3 or are penciled in as a 600 yard a year receiver.

I envision the perfect scenario as us adding another receiver that results in us not using the tradition labels of WR3, or a guy who is an afterthought to Boyd and Higgins. 

I think if we do this right, our newly acquired "3rd receiver" will be just as capable as being our #1 receiver as anyone else.  It just depends on the matchup and coverage.