Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 02:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Chargers with their 3rd offensive line signing..

Oday Aboushi had a good season with the Lions in 2020.

And they're gonna get one of the young Ts in the draft. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - phil413 - 03-20-2021

Isaiah Wilson never had anything to do with picking Sewell at number 3. He was traded for a swapping of 7th round picks. I don't understand how we grasped the idea of taking Sewell as BPA even with Reiff, yet all of a sudden the Fins went from passing on him to now be forced to take him because of a reclamation project.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 02:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: I would also like to see a Guard or two so that we go into the draft without being pegged into a particular pick.

That said, I did some research into what we've done so far and really I like these signings better than some.

Hendrickson for example I rate better than PFF and its secret formula (which usually yields results contrary to what my eyes show me). He's basically Lawson with the advantage of actually finishing the play in pass rush.

Ogunjobi is the big wild card in the class - if he delivers on pass rush like he has flashed before then the D suddenly has an interior QB pressure ability it has lacked for a while. Not being asked to play in the wrong role will help (like the Stains did last year). The ENTIRE D had 17 sacks last year - Hendrickson and Ogunjobi had 16 themselves.

Then there is Hilton who has quietly become an A List slot corner and is also A List in pass rush capability. Again he adds a missing element to the defense. Awuzie I think is the team betting that fully recovered and in a different scheme he will look like he did in 2019. Also they are getting Waynes back and ANY move that means we don't get stuck with Leshaun Sims on the field again is a plus in my book.

Reiff is such an obvious upgrade it goes without saying.
Well said..

I really like the Ogunjobi signing playing next to Reader. LO played the nose basically in Cleveland and now will get to play the 3T, which he seems extremely excited about. I think with his quickness and skills he will excel in that role. Hoping that is the case!!

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-20-2021

We can move on from the Golladay talk. Giants sign him to 4yr 72m

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - QueenCity - 03-20-2021

Bengals were not going to give him that type of contract. Bummer but that is clearly an overpay.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 04:43 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: We can move on from the Golladay talk. Giants sign him to 4yr 72m

Ok that’s one I won’t bash the team for. I wouldn’t have wanted to match that.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Sled21 - 03-20-2021

I'm glad they didn't spend that on him. Now spend it on another player or two and grab a WR3 in the draft.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - pookdogg7 - 03-20-2021

The Bengals have reached out to five-time Pro Bowl guard Trai Turner according to NFL reporter Malik Wright.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - masonbengals fan - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 05:07 PM)pookdogg7 Wrote: The Bengals have reached out to five-time Pro Bowl guard Trai Turner according to NFL reporter Malik Wright.

Not much love for him on the Chargers board.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Frank Booth - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 04:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok that’s one I won’t bash the team for. I wouldn’t have wanted to match that.

The giants are notorious for overpaying

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bengaloo - 03-20-2021

Either Trai Turner or Larry Warford would be solid signings and upgrade the G position. Spain is still unsigned as well.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 05:17 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Not much love for him on the Chargers board.

He was terrible last season. It would be a very typical Bengals signing. That said, he’d still be an improvement over Jordan.

(03-20-2021, 05:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was terrible last season. It would be a very typical Bengals signing. That said, he’d still be an improvement over Jordan.

Upon further reading he was hurt last year with a groin injury but had several good years before that. 

He may still have some juice in him & be able to help us for the right price.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - George Cantstandya - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 05:17 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Not much love for him on the Chargers board.

Well that solves it then.  As we all know people that post on NFL team message boards are always right and would make the best coaches and GMs ever.   Wink

(03-20-2021, 05:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well that solves it then.  As we all know people that post on NFL team message boards are always right and would make the best coaches and GMs ever.   Wink

Didn't say they were always right. Cool  Just some insight from the fans of the team he played for. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 05:07 PM)pookdogg7 Wrote: The Bengals have reached out to five-time Pro Bowl guard Trai Turner according to NFL reporter Malik Wright.

Trai is one I've wanted since giddy up. Given he was part of a trainwreck oline last year but I heard Solomon Wilcots and David Deihl talk about him and they absolutely love him. Deihl says he's the strongest off the point of attack (not 100% what that means; maybe fires off quickly) in the NFL and Solly said he is perfect for our scheme. Gimme Trai, draft Sewell, and I'm a happy fan. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 05:47 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Didn't say they were always right. Cool  Just some insight from the fans of the team he played for. 

Was there one on there named bfine? If so you can rest assured he was right. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bengaloo - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 05:40 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Upon further reading he was hurt last year with a groin injury but had several good years before that. 

He may still have some juice in him & be able to help us for the right price.

I read somewhere that he had an ankle injury and a groin injury. Combine that with covid stuff and its no surprise he had a down year. Dude was a 5 time pro bowler though. Sign him. 

He apparently liked a tweet from a Bengals fan about playing in Cinci
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/trai-turner-likes-idea-of-signing-with-bengals-to-block-for-joe-burrow

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - wanga - 03-20-2021

Dream the impossible dream but the Golladay money could’ve almost gotten a blue chipper in Thunney and Zeit and turned the oline woes around with the stroke of a pen. X2
Now that would’ve opened the draft up nicely. Pass rusher, TE, WR and DT... drool

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - George Cantstandya - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 05:47 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Didn't say they were always right. Cool  Just some insight from the fans of the team he played for. 

I know I just was messing around.  .  I'm not saying Trai Turner would be the best signing ever either.  I just don't give a lot of weight to message board postings from people like us.  Wink