Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 06:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He was never an All-Pro.

Also, if he doesn't get back to his level, or when he inevitably gets hurt again, you're back to Michael Jordan or Alex Redmond protecting Joe Burrow. I want a more sure/steady upgrade. It was why even before Scherff got tagged I still wanted Thuney over him, despite being a hair less talented, simply due to durability issues. Availability being one of the best abilities and all that.

Whatever, made the Pro Bowl come on broth...

Still he would be cheap and we haven't even got to the Draft yet or late cuts. Thuney was overpaid by the Chiefs.

Thuney is not a great run blocker. Turner is still young and can be and has shown the ability to be a good pass protector.

Bring him in or Warford is my vote. Cut one of those guys you spoke of.

Trade back and get Vera Turner in the first or add Creed Humphrey, Meinerz, Carman in the 2nd to mid rounds.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - phil413 - 03-21-2021

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/21/22343317/sheldon-rankins-jets-news-rumors-bengals-free-agents-2021-new-york?fbclid=IwAR0ExPdG3fmoKATKMbQbf34Aupd1vbFoAYb7hpdN1rJvDupwsIoSt9IyxXA

I get that we have the running tire kicking joke but they have to lead the league in this. Seems like we publicize everyone we're in on and lose, do other teams have this happen as often?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Murdock2420 - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 11:10 PM)phil413 Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/21/22343317/sheldon-rankins-jets-news-rumors-bengals-free-agents-2021-new-york?fbclid=IwAR0ExPdG3fmoKATKMbQbf34Aupd1vbFoAYb7hpdN1rJvDupwsIoSt9IyxXA

I get that we have the running tire kicking joke but they have to lead the league in this.  Seems like we publicize everyone we're in on and lose, do other teams have this happen as often?

Damn... Would have been a real nice addition.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GreenCornBengal - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 11:10 PM)phil413 Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/21/22343317/sheldon-rankins-jets-news-rumors-bengals-free-agents-2021-new-york?fbclid=IwAR0ExPdG3fmoKATKMbQbf34Aupd1vbFoAYb7hpdN1rJvDupwsIoSt9IyxXA

I get that we have the running tire kicking joke but they have to lead the league in this. Seems like we publicize everyone we're in on and lose, do other teams have this happen as often?

I think we just throw our names on any viable free agent to make the case we tried. Makes the fans a little less aggressive lol.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this thought too.

Why? Trai would be cheap with all the things you and I mentioned. If he gets back to his All Pro level its great, if not, so what.

Well, he could get a QB hurt, for one. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 10:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whatever, made the Pro Bowl come on broth...

Still he would be cheap and we haven't even got to the Draft yet or late cuts. Thuney was overpaid by the Chiefs.

Thuney is not a great run blocker. Turner is still young and can be and has shown the ability to be a good pass protector.

Trade back and get Vera Turner in the first or add Creed Humphrey, Meinerz, Carman in the 2nd to mid rounds.

I've been dumping on Trai a lot (pretty much the whole time) but if you look past his overall grades, his pass protection numbers aren't bad. 

Looks like i'm going to have to go watch some Chargers games and see what's up. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jason - 03-22-2021

(03-21-2021, 10:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whatever, made the Pro Bowl come on broth...

Personally... I don't have faith in our brain trust to be trading back, and trying to dig up gems. John Ross aside, you should be getting a game changer in the top 10, and we're in the top 5. There are holes and cracks all over this roster. Most of us want the same guy at 5, but if he ain't there, there's plenty of others who'll make a positive impact. I feel like they'd get too cute if they were to trade back.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Murdock2420 - 03-22-2021

(03-22-2021, 12:22 AM)jason Wrote: Personally... I don't have faith in our brain trust to be trading back, and trying to dig up gems. John Ross aside, you should be getting a game changer in the top 10, and we're in the top 5. There are holes and crack all over this roster. Most of us want the same guy at 5, but if he ain't there, there's plenty of others who'll make a positive impact. I feel like they'd get too cute if they were to trade back.

I think it is safe if you trade with a team like San Fran. Move back to 12, certainly get their 2nd rounder, maybe their 3rd if not 3rd their 4th.

At 12 there is a lot of talent still and someone will slide with all the QBs going. If you want skill position, have to think of these 4 falls to you at 12, Waddle, Smith, Chase or Pitts. For O-line looking at a chance at Darrisaw or Slater. Those extra picks really help out in round 2 and 3 to resupply a bad roster. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Joelist - 03-22-2021

For now, resign Spain and cut Jordan. Then work on players like Trai Turner so you can go into the draft having two starter capable Guards on the roster.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-22-2021

WR: TY Hilton, Watkins
DE: Aldon Smith, Ingram
G: Turner
DT: ???
LB: ???

I think we will circle back to sign some of our own FAs after the bigger ticket targets sign, or don't. Spain, Bynes, and Daniels could all be back. I doubt we spend a Rd 1-3 pick on DT, DE, or LB, so instant help needs to be FA. We also need to sign Huber.

WR and OG will be addressed early in the draft.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BengalsFanRealist2855 - 03-22-2021

(03-22-2021, 01:06 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: WR: TY Hilton, Watkins
DE: Aldon Smith, Ingram
G: Turner
DT: ???
LB: ???

I think we will circle back to sign some of our own FAs after the bigger ticket targets sign, or don't. Spain, Bynes, and Daniels could all be back. I doubt we spend a Rd 1-3 pick on DT, DE, or LB, so instant help needs to be FA. We also need to sign Huber.

WR and OG will be addressed early in the draft.
I wasn't impressed with Bynes or really our whole linebackers corpse. I would like to add a linebacker.  

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BengalsFanRealist2855 - 03-22-2021

(03-20-2021, 07:17 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: As for Trai Turner, I went to some Chargers message boards and no one seems upset he’s gone.  One comment in particular was that he has physically “hit the wall.”  There was a reason Carolina traded him and he was even worse for the Chargers a year later.  I also read he gave up 6 sacks.  We all hated Bobby hart, did he give up that many?  Find someone else please.  

Chris Reynolds was my original thought for WR.  Then Tyrell Williams was available for a split second.  I saw the Curtis Samuel love here, then he was my favorite.  Then the GollaDEY stuff.  I knew that was a leverage play, so I didn’t get my hopes up.  I also like Perriman.  He had a great end to 2019 after both Evans and Godwin went down (and helped me win my league in fantasy).  So Reynolds or Perriman please!

I hope they keep an eye on Kwon Alexander’s rehab.  Clowney or Suh would be cool.  I know it’ll never happen.  I want Eifert back.  I don’t think Sewell will be there at 5.  I’d like to have Chase, but they gotta take Pitts, if Sewell is gone.
Do you mean josh reynolds? William's looks pretty good but they said he can't stay healthy. 

Now perryman might be a good 3 or 4 with that speed. Only thing is,is tee higgins ready to be a #1. And if there is injuries our receivers would suck.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-22-2021

Reynolds is off the board.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/22/report-titans-to-sign-josh-reynolds/

(03-22-2021, 03:03 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: I wasn't impressed with Bynes or really our whole linebackers corpse. I would like to add a linebacker.  

Just not enough picks and while we signed some names in FA, a net of 0 in the pickup category. Which means we still need all positions we needed prior to Free Agency. 2OG,2WR,LB,2DE,DT,OT,TE,OC...….

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - CoachGeorge - 03-22-2021

(03-22-2021, 11:02 AM)jj22 Wrote: Reynolds is off the board.

That’s a shame. Would have made a nice 3rd/4th. One year deal too.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-22-2021

(03-22-2021, 11:02 AM)jj22 Wrote: Reynolds is off the board.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/22/report-titans-to-sign-josh-reynolds/

DeSean Jackson to the Rams. 

WR Group shrinking.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bengaloo - 03-22-2021

SI is reporting we plan to make another splash in FA. Hopefully that comes in the way of signing Turner or Warford for OG, one of the WR's and one of the DE's still out there.
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/bengals-actions-show-they-plan-to-make-another-push-in-free-agency

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Au165 - 03-22-2021

(03-22-2021, 11:53 AM)bengaloo Wrote: SI is reporting we plan to make another splash in FA. Hopefully that comes in the way of signing Turner or Warford for OG, one of the WR's and one of the DE's still out there.
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/bengals-actions-show-they-plan-to-make-another-push-in-free-agency

They are actually just inferring it based on reports of players they have gone after. I wouldn't mistake that as any sort of source or inside information on it. I guess there is subjectiveness in players' value so anyone could be the reason they allude to, but I think it just made sense to use the voided year on Reiff and what was going to be a one-year deal anyways.

Rumor has it they were willing to pay 13 million a year to Golladay so their is money still in the budget to spend.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/22/giants-may-have-been-bidding-against-themselves-for-kenny-golladay/

Just not sure who is left worthy of a "splash".

Not sold on Turner, thinking the love is just desperation to sign a guard.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-22-2021

bfine's wish list of remaining:

Ryan Kerrigan

Trai Turner (Warford if he's not done with football)

Danny Shelton

Chris Conley

Damiere Byrd