Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Beaker - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks, must of watched his good games. 

Sure are liking former Saints players. Vonn Bell, Hendrickson, Eli Apple, wanted Rankins...

I was just coming in here to post that....why the huge hard on for Saints players?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GreenCornBengal - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 06:26 PM)Beaker Wrote: I was just coming in here to post that....why the huge hard on for Saints players?

They’ve had a decent defense the last few years... perhaps they run a similar scheme to what Lou wants?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BengalsRocker - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 05:45 PM)TJ528 Wrote: My only problem with Apple is he has a reputation as being a "bad" seed.  

Being on a notorious losing organization does first sign of losing bring out that bad seed and being a bad teammate?  

Why even bring someone with that type of reputation into your organization? I understand this is being done as depth but I'd rather have someone who comes with a good reputation and puts in the work. 

He may be rotten to the core.  I'd be pleased as pie if he wasn't.  Any way you slice it, we just might be in better shape.  With all of the past injured signings, maybe he'll keep the doctor away.  

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BengalsRocker - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 04:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What's the scoop on this Apple guy? We should have signed Android instead. Thoughts? Ninja

Well apparently it involved geniuses so...

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BucketE - 03-23-2021

Can anyone recall the last time this board got 1,900 posts deep into a FA thread with no mention of LBs? I can’t.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Rubekahn29 - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 07:05 PM)BucketE Wrote: Can anyone recall the last time this board got 1,900 posts deep into a FA thread with no mention of LBs? I can’t.

Not sure that’s a good thing, because our LBs are still shaky at best, but we just have that many more gaps to fill.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - kalibengal - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 06:43 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He may be rotten to the core.  I'd be pleased as pie if he wasn't.  Any way you slice it, we just might be in better shape.  With all of the past injured signings, maybe he'll keep the doctor away.  

or maybe its Apple version 15.0?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Schmitbuck - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 05:45 PM)TJ528 Wrote: My only problem with Apple is he has a reputation as being a "bad" seed.  

Being on a notorious losing organization does first sign of losing bring out that bad seed and being a bad teammate?  

Why even bring someone with that type of reputation into your organization? I understand this is being done as depth but I'd rather have someone who comes with a good reputation and puts in the work. 

I never heard anything bad about him at his time at OSU. And as silly as it may sound he has Bell, Hubbard, Burrow, Price, Prince, Jordan in Cincy as support. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - sandwedge - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 08:01 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I never heard anything bad about him at his time at OSU. And as silly as it may sound he has Bell, Hubbard, Burrow, Price, Prince, Jordan in Cincy as support. 

Nothing silly about that. They might be the people that keep Eli in check.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - sandwedge - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 04:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Way better than Sims....

Sam Adams could've played CB better than Sims.... Hilarious

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 06:26 PM)Beaker Wrote: I was just coming in here to post that....why the huge hard on for Saints players?

Must be Lou's type of D as GCB here says. Same type of scheme, Zone players and Hendrickson and Rankins know how to get 
to the QB and ball carrier. Too bad we couldn't get Rankins. Love Vonn Bell, badazz.

(03-23-2021, 06:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They’ve had a decent defense the last few years... perhaps they run a similar scheme to what Lou wants?

Yep.

(03-23-2021, 06:43 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He may be rotten to the core.  I'd be pleased as pie if he wasn't.  Any way you slice it, we just might be in better shape.  With all of the past injured signings, maybe he'll keep the doctor away.  

Nice.  Hilarious

You are a clever man BengalsRocker, clever.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - JerseyDD09 - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 07:05 PM)BucketE Wrote: Can anyone recall the last time this board got 1,900 posts deep into a FA thread with no mention of LBs?  I can’t.

I'm gonna give you a Rep point for that comment. That was awesome! 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - samhain - 03-23-2021

If he makes the team as the 5th corner, then I'm good with it. Can't be a lot worse than some of the dudes they ran out there in 2020. Also, not sure who on the staff hates Phillips, but he got the shaft here. He seems to play well whenever needed, provided that he's healthy.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-23-2021

I wouldn't worry about Eli's character. Was Lou around when NY drafted him? I feel like he was if Lou was there for 2 years.

Eli has some bad tape but is young and isn't going to be relied on as a starter. He's our 5th CB at best. He may not even make the team dependent on the contract.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - samhain - 03-23-2021

I heard Dehner mentioning Demarcus Robinson as a potential target as a 3rd or 4th receiver. He's a deep threat and would be undoubtedly affordable. Given what's left, he sounds like a nice option.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GreenCornBengal - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 10:38 PM)samhain Wrote: If he makes the team as the 5th corner, then I'm good with it. Can't be a lot worse than some of the dudes they ran out there in 2020. Also, not sure who on the staff hates Phillips, but he got the shaft here. He seems to play well whenever needed, provided that he's healthy.

Part of me wondered if they were trying to move Phillips in some type of trade. I hope not. I like the guy a lot.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 10:48 PM)samhain Wrote: I heard Dehner mentioning Demarcus Robinson as a potential target as a 3rd or 4th receiver.  He's a deep threat and would be undoubtedly affordable.  Given what's left, he sounds like a nice option.

So many Robinson's, was he on the Chiefs?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 10:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So many Robinson's, was he on the Chiefs?

Yea Demarcus Robinson from the Chiefs

(03-23-2021, 11:10 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Yea Demarcus Robinson from the Chiefs

Awesome, I like him. Bring him in. Cool

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - JerseyDD09 - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 11:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, I like him. Bring him in. Cool

Better than TY Hilton? Did he sign somewhere already or resign with Indy???