Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - JerseyDD09 - 03-24-2021

Everyone knows they are short good OL and WR's to fill out their Roster.
We should see a few more of them getting signed BEFORE and DURING the draft and AFTER the draft and BEGINNING and DURING training camp.
3 more of each position would be fine by me! Lmao

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jj22 - 03-24-2021

(03-23-2021, 11:56 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Better than TY Hilton? Did he sign somewhere already or resign with Indy??? 

Younger than TY, and they seem to be knee deep in a "youth" movement (ignoring Reiff for a minute). So that's something in his favor. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Au165 - 03-24-2021

Ryan Kerrigan is in on a visit today. That is the veteran pass rushing piece for our rotation I’ve been waiting for, and I’d be happy to sign.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BritishBengal - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 07:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ryan Kerrigan is in on a visit today. That is the veteran pass rushing piece for our rotation I’ve been waiting for, and I’d be happy to sign.

That would be a nice get

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-24-2021

Biggest positions of weakness:

1) OG: XSF + Spain; Jordan #3.
2) WR: Boyd, Higgins + Tate. Thomas #4.
3) LB: Wilson & Pratt. ADG & Bailey next.
4) DE: Hendrickson & Hubbard. Khalid #3.
5) PK: Seibert
6) DT: Reader & Ogunjobi. Tupou #3. Wren #4.

Now, we could certainly see some old friends return to bolster depth at some spots (Bynes, Evans, Daniels, Hunt), but at DE, WR, & OG, the cupboard is pretty bare.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Housh - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 10:01 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Biggest positions of weakness:

Now, we could certainly see some old friends return to bolster depth at some spots (Bynes, Evans, Daniels, Hunt), but at DE, WR, & OG, the cupboard is pretty bare.

Seems like DE is becoming a weak position league wide. QBs are getting the ball out too quick. Mostly every good defense needs to rush 6-7 to get constant pressure on elite QBs anyway so my philosophy is fill out the line with mid level guys and just gameplay around having to rush 6-7 most the game. The Bucs got in Mahommes head doing it and he’s the best QB.

Weakness at Linebacker on the other hands cannot be hidden. Those boys are basically lineman, and safeties at the same time. Another nod to the Bucs winning is they have two great ones on the same team. We need to get better at linebacker period

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 10:15 AM)Housh Wrote: Seems like DE is becoming a weak position league wide. QBs are getting the ball out too quick. Mostly every good defense needs to rush 6-7 to get constant pressure on elite QBs anyway so my philosophy is fill out the line with mid level guys and just gameplay around having to rush 6-7 most the game. The Bucs got in Mahommes head doing it and he’s the best QB.

Weakness at Linebacker on the other hands cannot be hidden. Those boys are basically lineman, and safeties at the same time. Another nod to the Bucs winning is they have two great ones on the same team. We need to get better at linebacker  period

The Bucs got to Mahommes (and Rodgers) mostly rushing 4 because Shaq Barrett (DE) ate their lunch going up against 2nd stringers. They did not blitz much.

(03-24-2021, 10:15 AM)Housh Wrote: Weakness at Linebacker on the other hands cannot be hidden. Those boys are basically lineman, and safeties at the same time. Another nod to the Bucs winning is they have two great ones on the same team. We need to get better at linebacker  period

This narrative that Devon White is some amazing linebacker is getting out of hand. He was a massive liability to them all year, especially in pass coverage. He was really bad at missing tackles at points throughout the season as well. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 10:01 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Biggest positions of weakness:

TE should be on that list. The entire position group consists of Drew Sample and CJ Uzomah (who’s coming of a torn Achilles).

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GreenCornBengal - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 10:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: This narrative that Devon White is some amazing linebacker is getting out of hand. He was a massive liability to them all year, especially in pass coverage. He was really bad at missing tackles at points throughout the season as well. 

Dang, wish we had massive liabilities that performed well in the playoffs when it mattered most.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 11:03 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Dang, wish we had massive liabilities that performed well in the playoffs when it mattered most.

Our whole team might perform well in the playoffs. Maybe Zac Taylor is the greatest playoff coach of all time. Guess we won’t know until they make it there lol

(03-24-2021, 11:03 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Dang, wish we had massive liabilities that performed well in the playoffs when it mattered most.

He was a great pass rusher all year, but there was talk at one point of making him a full-time pass rusher because he was getting picked on so badly. That said, you are also talking about a stacked defensive line unit that is a handful for anyone to block so bringing second-level pressure with a good rusher is tough to handle. Either way, the guy is a good pass rusher but as a linebacker, in the sense most people are talking about here, he was pretty bad last year. They did a good job hiding him in the SB though with a double on Kelce almost anytime he was in coverage. 

Now Lavonte David? He is a flat-out stud.

(03-24-2021, 11:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: He was a great pass rusher all year, but there was talk at one point of making him a full-time pass rusher because he was getting picked on so badly. That said, you are also talking about a stacked defensive line unit that is a handful for anyone to block so bringing second-level pressure with a good rusher is tough to handle. Either way, the guy is a good pass rusher but as a linebacker, in the sense most people are talking about here, he was pretty bad last year. They did a good job hiding him in the SB though with a double on Kelce almost anytime he was in coverage. 

Now Lavonte David? He is a flat-out stud.

Agree with you on David, he is one of the most underrated LBs out there.

I was more impressed with Devin White against the Saints than the Chiefs. I guess I witnessed his one good performance of the year and was fooled! Someone did post whites coverage numbers in a different thread and they were horrid. I still think he’s leagues better than any LB we’ve fielded since Burfict.

(03-24-2021, 11:06 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Our whole team might perform well in the playoffs. Maybe Zac Taylor is the greatest playoff coach of all time. Guess we won’t know until they make it there lol

Ouch, we may have Zac for another 10 years before we get to see that performance lol

(03-24-2021, 11:27 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Agree with you on David, he is one of the most underrated LBs out there.

I was more impressed with Devin White against the Saints than the Chiefs. I guess I witnessed his one good performance of the year and was fooled! Someone did post whites coverage numbers in a different thread and they were horrid. I still think he’s leagues better than any LB we’ve fielded since Burfict.

Against the Saints last year he gave up 15 of 17 targets for about 300 yards and 3 TD's. As a whole is better than anything we have had, but as a coverage guy, I think Wilson is already far better.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - jabor - 03-24-2021

Newbie here :)  It looks like the Steeler's Steven Nelson is available.

He'd be a solid pickup and would probably start.  He he's young enough and seems worth a multi-year investment. The Bengals should push Hilton to persuade him to come to compete against his old team twice a year :)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Bengalholic - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 07:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ryan Kerrigan is in on a visit today. That is the veteran pass rushing piece for our rotation I’ve been waiting for, and I’d be happy to sign.

Just signed back up safety Ricardo Allen.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Sled21 - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 12:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Must be planning a big dinner tonight. Get it done, Joe

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - HarleyDog - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 01:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Must be planning a big dinner tonight. Get it done, Joe

Hidden message? Hmm