Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Uniform Video - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Uniform Video (/Thread-Uniform-Video)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Uniform Video - GreenCornBengal - 04-19-2021

Looks like we tried to choose a slow news day to get the most exposure... then Alex Smith goes on ruining that lol

RE: Uniform Video - Bengalitis - 04-19-2021

Hopefully next year they simplify the helmets to 3 stripes like the shoulders. That'll complete the bengal correctly.

Out of topic but.. are the washington noskins gonna remain the generic football team? wth???!?!?!?!?

RE: Uniform Video - mallorian69 - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 04:26 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Hopefully next year they simplify the helmets to 3 stripes like the shoulders. That'll complete the bengal correctly.

Out of topic but.. are the washington noskins gonna remain the generic football team? wth???!?!?!?!?

Didn't know Bengal tigers only had 3 stripes. 

RE: Uniform Video - GodFather - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 02:46 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: This^.  100% this.  I know she's got the dreaded last name that makes people want to hate her.  I know she's part of the family so the assumption is there that she has influence on anything the org does.  But give credit where it's due.  If you don't like or care about social media, fan experience, general PR.. fine.  But she's doing a great job with those aspect since she came in.  

The uniforms aren't being done to recoup money lost from last year.  This has been a couple of years in the making and no one predicted 2020.  They're also not being done to mask what a failure ZT has been, for the same timing reasons.  

I still can't believe people are bashing the work she's doing for the organization, or making the assumption that it's all just lipstick on a pig.  She's part of the franchise, but completely disconnected from the FO decisions on personnel and coaching, I'm sure.  I've said before that I don't want the organization to stop making improvements and just rely on the aesthetics she's building, and I stick to that.  But I don't hold any of what's being done against her.

The best part of having her energy?  It might just be contagious and actually affect some change in the older generations at the office.  And if the Bengals can make it to a Super Bowl?  I'm pretty confident she'll make sure to throw the biggest party the city has ever seen. 

Lipstick on a pig, that is funny, but until they start winning and making the playoffs....its bright orange and black lipstick.   If they get this team to a Super Bowl contender people will be ecstatic regardless of the biggest party. 

Bottom line we want to win...that simple. Winning on the other hand in the NFL is anything but that..

RE: Uniform Video - MileHighGrowler - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 04:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: Lipstick on a pig, that is funny, but until they start winning and making the playoffs....its bright orange and black lipstick.   If they get his team to a Super Bowl contender people will be ecstatic regardless of the biggest party. 

Bottom line we want to win...that simple. Winning on the other hand in the NFL is anything but that..

I guess my point is that I completely separate the two things.  The uniforms, the ROH, the fan engagement, the social media presence.. those things to me aren't about hiding or making up for the on-field product, distracting the masses so we don't even notice the team is losing games.  They're entirely unrelated, but still important.  We've lacked those things for a very long time, and they're finally coming around and making changes that are positive.  

If the Brown/Blackburn clan continued to be perceived as cheap, they'd never hear the end of it.  As it is, they can't shake the image regardless of what changes they make.  They're taking steps in the right direction but are getting dinged for it because it's not the ultimate thing we all want to see, which is bringing a Lombardi to the city.  

Yes, winning cures all.  Yes, winning should be the focus of the org.  But I think a franchise wins by having a top to bottom culture that supports it.  This isn't the league of 30 years ago.  It's time to get up to speed.  And they have started with the off the field pieces.  If Taylor doesn't turn it around this on the field?  His replacement should absolutely be the next spot of focus for improvement.  

Uniform Video - BURROWorBUST - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 09:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: LOVE IT! Not even the uniforms, just the players looking happy and ready for the season!

The uniforms were an improvement and at least seem a bit more flashy and more modern.

Why was Chad in there? I love Chad and love what he did for us but that kind of rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. I love Chad and what he did for this franchise but this is about the now, so I don't think he should have been in there. The first thoughts that instantly popped into my head were "How'd he get in there? That's gotta be self-promotion......"

That just rubbed me the wrong way.

I also love how our team account said it's a new era! Time to start winning!

Child please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Uniform Video - Shake n Blake - 04-19-2021

Positives
- They look better on the players than the leaked ones looked on a hanger
- The white ones look like the color rush
- Black ones look really good as well
- Pretty simple, clean look

Negatives
- Not a fan of the font, which looks too big and too similar to the Bears
- Orange version will be our home main, but is easily the ugliest of the 3

Honestly, if they kept black as the primary, I'd be pretty happy with these. But orange as the main drops it down to "meh" for me.

RE: Uniform Video - Shake n Blake - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 01:21 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: The team's website seems to say that black is the primary.

If that's the case, I adjust my grade from meh to pretty awesome.

RE: Uniform Video - Bengalholic - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 04:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: Lipstick on a pig, that is funny, but until they start winning and making the playoffs....its bright orange and black lipstick.   If they get this team to a Super Bowl contender people will be ecstatic regardless of the biggest party. 

So, does that mean you do or don't think she's done a good job and is good for the organization?  Nervous

RE: Uniform Video - Fulcher_33 - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 05:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Positives
- They look better on the players than the leaked ones looked on a hanger
- The white ones look like the color rush
- Black ones look really good as well
- Pretty simple, clean look

Negatives
- Not a fan of the font, which looks too big and too similar to the Bears
- Orange version will be our home main, but is easily the ugliest of the 3

Honestly, if they kept black as the primary, I'd be pretty happy with these. But orange as the main drops it down to "meh" for me.

Others have posted that Black is the actual primary, from the Bengals site. Orange was only stated as the primary by some article on CBS which seems to be clearly wrong. 

Also if you goto NFLshop to purchase a jersey they have the Orange listed as the "alternate" jersey (for whatever that's worth). 

RE: Uniform Video - Nicomo Cosca - 04-19-2021

Looking at them side by side I think the black is the biggest improvement.

[Image: 97oyx9q2r4u61.jpg]

RE: Uniform Video - GodFather - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 05:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, does that mean you do or don't think she's done a good job and is good for the organization?  Nervous

I think its all fluff in my honest opinion until this organization starts to win. This last offseason Mike Brown basically blamed the fans for the team sucking for the past two years. "Well you wanted a change" and feel thats a bunch of bullshit. The new uniforms don't mean a thing at the end of the day if they don't start putting a winning team on the field.

RE: Uniform Video - Awful Llama - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 05:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Looking at them side by side I think the black is the biggest improvement.

When you see them side-by-side like this the contrast between old and new is staggering.  This is a a definite upgrade for all three, though, the orange is just a 'meh' for me.  

Also, many of us complained about the side panels, but I now see that I like them much better without the contrasting collar, too. 

RE: Uniform Video - Dean_Gilberry95 - 04-19-2021

Not too shabby! I still wish they could’ve made an alternate grey as well. Solid orange look with orange pants would’ve been cool. The design is great just plop the same scheme on grey and Bam!!!

RE: Uniform Video - WeezyBengal - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 02:40 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Wearing it this past Saturday, I agree with him, it was an really high end feeling jersey. I think fans will be wowed by it once they try one on. It doesn't drape like a blanket as the older ones did.

The Black & White were killer. Obviously, the white pops really well. They'll all stand out.

Did you try on the rep or the authentic? Does the rep drape like the old ones? 

RE: Uniform Video - psychdoctor - 04-19-2021

The media relations and strategy of Parker and Elizabeth has been outstanding. Was hoping Orange jersey as primary but no more white panels is everything for me. I like simple. I think they will make some adjustments and maybe keep helmet same style but adjust the orange to more candy orange just a tad.

The White helmet will come. I like these so much better. Thank goodness.

I also love that Chad is involved.

RE: Uniform Video - WeezyBengal - 04-19-2021

Man - Hubbard gets so much love from this organization. I think hes an OK player...but how is it possible that I can go online and buy his jersey and not a Bates jersey? Bates is one of the best in the league at his position...

RE: Uniform Video - Fulcher_33 - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 06:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Man - Hubbard gets so much love from this organization. I think hes an OK player...but how is it possible that I can go online and buy his jersey and not a Bates jersey? Bates is one of the best in the league at his position...

It's been mentioned he could be switching to #3 this year IF the rule is approved. I really hope the rule isnt approved. Seeing LBs, RBs, WRs, and DBs in the single digit like college is NOT whats up for me

RE: Uniform Video - Roland - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 05:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Looking at them side by side I think the black is the biggest improvement.

Good look at how much cleaner these are.  Should we assume that they'll be adding a shoulder number in there?

I think the new font works on everything I've seen except the "9" which looks kind of weak for some reason.

The orange stripes on black bug me.  But I never really noticed that there were orange on black stripes in the other iterations.  I think they were so small and cluttered that it didn't really register that way.

I think the orange jersey with black pants will be my favorite.

RE: Uniform Video - Nicomo Cosca - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 06:35 PM)Roland Wrote: Good look at how much cleaner these are.  Should we assume that they'll be adding a shoulder number in there?

I think the new font works on everything I've seen except the "9" which looks kind of weak for some reason.

The orange stripes on black bug me.  But I never really noticed that there were orange on black stripes in the other iterations.  I think they were so small and cluttered that it didn't really register that way.

I think the orange jersey with black pants will be my favorite.

No shoulder numbers. Only one of 3-4 teams that don’t have them now.