Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2021-NFL-Draft-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - psychdoctor - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 12:45 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: James Hudson would be great

Can Hudson play left guard?  I know he's supposed to be talented and has all the tools to eventually play tackle I don't follow UC football much. 

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Gdale_Bengal - 05-01-2021

If the draft Marvin Wilson or new in Jordan I’d be excited

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - t3r3e3 - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 01:22 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We have to make the Playoffs and win a game for Taylor and company to stick around. Period.

12 wins, Playoff win and alright. Mellow

Would love that, love my broth Zim. Smirk

I have been sleeping on Hudson, really like Alaric. Thanks for bringing up Hudson Dr.Z

We got Reiff, brought back Spain, fired Turner, brought in Pollack and now Jackson Carman.

I bet if we went Sewell, Carman with the first two picks you would still say they don't value the lines. 

Just need better talent evaluation in the past. I like the new guys this time around same as Jonah.

My comment on not valuing the lines was a reflection of the last several years, and this offseason. A team like the Chiefs aggressively overhauled their line in FA and the draft when it was depleted and/or was an obvious weak spot. The Bengals have sort of done so, but will still be reliant on XSF/Spain/Hopkins/Price for meaningful minutes. Maybe Pollack gets something out of Price until Hopkins is back? I dunno. All I’m saying is KC’s front office saw their franchise QB taking a beating and said no more of that. We watched Burrow get murdered behind a terrible line and signed one aging tackle to a 1 year deal and drafted a guard in the 2nd round. The depth is still bad, and the line is still a problem. Hopefully they draft another couple lineman today.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - psychdoctor - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 08:21 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/drew-dalman/32004441-4c53-0648-a520-9ac92792168f
Thoughts?

Dahlman would probably be one of the better pics since they lost out on green.  The only problem about him is he's smaller but he fits the zone scheme

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 10:02 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: My comment on not valuing the lines was a reflection of the last several years, and this offseason.  A team like the Chiefs aggressively overhauled their line in FA and the draft when it was depleted and/or was an obvious weak spot.  The Bengals have sort of done so, but will still be reliant on XSF/Spain/Hopkins/Price for meaningful minutes.  Maybe Pollack gets something out of Price until Hopkins is back?  I dunno.  All I’m saying is KC’s front office saw their franchise QB taking a beating and said no more of that.  We watched Burrow get murdered behind a terrible line and signed one aging tackle to a 1 year deal and drafted a guard in the 2nd round.  The depth is still bad, and the line is still a problem.  Hopefully they draft another couple lineman today.

All true; I remember watching the Super Bowl and seeing Patrick Mahomes get owned by the Buccaneers' defensive line.  Mahomes is way more mobile than Joe Burrow so fixing the offensive line goes double in Cincinnati.  Besides, we keep forgetting about the other Joe -- Joe Mixon -- who hasn't been as effective because there aren't enough seams created when the run blocking is atrocious.  Your point about Frank Pollack and Billy Price is important because, before his injury, Price was doing an excellent job at center in 2018 when the Bengals had the 4-1 start to the season.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - bfine32 - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 01:03 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: It’s be nice to beat Shittsburgh in 2021.  The o-line and d-line still seem pretty weak.  I want to see improvement, but it’s hard to see more than 5-7 wins.

Hell we beat Pittsburgh last year and 3/4 of the board was pissed because it meant we missed out on Sewll

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 10:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell we bear Pittsburgh last year and 3/4 of the board was pissed because it meant we missed out on Sewll

Amen.

I’ve never believed in tanking for a draft pick because that’s how losers think. It’s a mentality the Bengals need to abandon.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - TecmoBengals - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 09:36 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Day 3 Mock for how I hope it goes
4- Trey Smith G
4- Tommy Togiai DT
4- James Hudson OT
5- William Bradley King DE
6- Ihmir Smith Marsette WR
6- Best Kicker
7- Quintin Morris TE

I follow the MAC and wish Morris was getting more love. I don't think he gets drafted, but hope a team signs him. 

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Sled21 - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 12:52 AM)J24 Wrote: Zimmer is going to be our Head Coach next season!

Stop. I love Zimmer.... so does Minnesota. 

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - yang - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 08:21 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/drew-dalman/32004441-4c53-0648-a520-9ac92792168f
Thoughts?

Heard some people discount us even considering him but not sure why.  Something they saw. 

On Hudson from UC above, he is absolutely projected as a guard and a good one. (shorter arms I believe) 

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - yang - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 10:19 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: All true; I remember watching the Super Bowl and seeing Patrick Mahomes get owned by the Buccaneers' defensive line.  Mahomes is way more mobile than Joe Burrow so fixing the offensive line goes double in Cincinnati.  Besides, we keep forgetting about the other Joe -- Joe Mixon -- who hasn't been as effective because there aren't enough seams created when the run blocking is atrocious.  Your point about Frank Pollack and Billy Price is important because, before his injury, Price was doing an excellent job at center in 2018 when the Bengals had the 4-1 start to the season.

If Carman and Price start out offensive line would be all first and second round draft picks, lol. 

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Dr.Z - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 09:42 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Can Hudson play left guard?  I know he's supposed to be talented and has all the tools to eventually play tackle I don't follow UC football much. 

I like him most as a developmental tackle (could benefit by putting on some size ) and think we need just that with the lack of depth we have there, but he definitely seems like a guy who could be moved to guard if needed (might even be better suited there considering strength / arm length ). We seem to value footwork highly w OL prospects, and Hudson fits the bill.

I see that Trey Smith is available too. I’m pretty stoked about the 4th round .

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - jfkbengals - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 11:18 AM)yang Wrote: If Carman and Price start out offensive line would be all first and second round draft picks, lol. 

Are you saying in place of Hopkins and Spain?

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Sled21 - 05-01-2021

No love for my boy Drake..... oh well...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1012516089091985

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 05-01-2021

Would not hate taking Brevin Jordan with one of these three 4th round picks.

bfine day 3 favs:

OT: Now that we didn't take Sewell can we go back to thinking Arm Length is important in the edge and something you can't teach?
STONE FORSYTHE: 6'8" 34.33" arms
JOSH BELL: 6'7", 35" arms
D'ANTE SMITH: 6'5" 35"arms

OG; Nastiness and power are required
TREY SMITH 325 ibs 32 Reps
DAVID MOORE: 330 ibs 31 Reps
SADARIUS HUTCHERSON: 321 ibs, 36 reps

C: Smarts and agility
JIMMY MORRISSEY
DRAKE JACKSON

TE: Size/Speed
LUKE FARRELL 6'6" 250 4.7 forty, 79" wingspan
SHAUN BEYER 6'5" 250 4.7 forty, 79.5 wingspan

RB: Gio-like
MICHAEL CARTER- Even from the same school
DEMETRIC FELTON- WR/RB Hybrid

WR: Jitterbug with return skills
CADE JOHNSON
MARQUEZ STEVENSON
JAELON DARDEN

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - kalibengal - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 11:44 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Would not hate taking Brevin Jordan with one of these three 4th round picks.

Yes, a TE with some pass catching and get open skills would be welcome. 
Id like to see a DT, an  OL and TE in round 4 today.  

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - bengaloo - 05-01-2021

I would like to see us take a chance on Trey Smith. Also would love to grab Cade Johnson or Jaleon Darden to replace what Erickson brought to the table.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - BurnsBengal - 05-01-2021

One aside about the goofiness of getting too deep and hung up into the arm length measurements...like down to the quarter and half-inch:

Listened to Joe Thomas (the pro-bowler LT for Browns for a decade) on some podcast a few weeks ago. He called arm length one of the most flawed measurements around...even worse than the 40 for Olinemen. He said they measure arm length from the shoulder/back to the tip of the middle finger. That's incredibly flawed because it should be to the lower palm as that's where you actually can start asserting blocking on someone. He relayed that he's seen numerous times where guys have longer fingers or hands and get some sort of credit when that extra inch or two is functionally worthless (that's what she said!)

Anyway, kind of interesting and something to keep in mind when people are sweating a 33" arm length vs. 33.75"

(05-01-2021, 12:09 PM)BurnsBengal Wrote: One aside about the goofiness of getting too deep and hung up into the arm length measurements...like down to the quarter and half-inch:

Listened to Joe Thomas (the pro-bowler LT for Browns for a decade) on some podcast a few weeks ago.  He called arm length one of the most flawed measurements around...even worse than the 40 for Olinemen.  He said they measure arm length from the shoulder/back to the tip of the middle finger.  That's incredibly flawed because it should be to the lower palm as that's where you actually can start asserting blocking on someone.  He relayed that he's seen numerous times where guys have longer fingers or hands and get some sort of credit when that extra inch or two is functionally worthless (that's what she said!)

Anyway, kind of interesting and something to keep in mind when people are sweating a 33" arm length vs. 33.75"

Ever wonder why everyone who wants to dispel the arm length "myth" all bring up 1 guy?