Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Free Agents, Part Deux - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Free Agents, Part Deux (/Thread-Free-Agents-Part-Deux)

Pages: 1 2

Free Agents, Part Deux - yang - 05-04-2021

We have the room and as of 4:00 PM Monday 5/3 we can sign free agents with out losing compensatory picks.

Who is available? Who do you think will become available? Will we wait till cuts? What areas are you looking for?

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - ochocincos - 05-04-2021

(05-04-2021, 10:21 AM)yang Wrote: We have the room and as of 4:00 PM Monday 5/3 we can sign free agents with out losing compensatory picks.

Who is available?  Who do you think will become available?  Will we wait till cuts? What areas are you looking for?

Here is a list of who is available still, per Spotrac.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/available/

Austin Reiter is still out there if the Bengals wanted a good pass-blocking C, potentially even moving Hopkins to LG.
There are a few WRs out there to come in as WR4 if the Bengals wanted an upgrade over Tate and Thomas.

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - yang - 05-04-2021

Interesting TE's and WR's still available.

Villanueva to BAL on a 2-year, $14 mill deal.
He's off the board now.

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - TecmoBengals - 05-04-2021

Is Okung washed up? Is it worth taking a flyer on Fisher for later in the season?

(05-04-2021, 03:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Is Okung washed up? Is it worth taking a flyer on Fisher for later in the season?

One has to assume the following guys are going to make the roster:

OT - Williams, Reiff, Smith
OG - Spain, XSF, Carman
C - Hopkins, at least one of Price or Hill

So there's arguably only 1-2 spots up for grabs.

As such, they probably aren't going to get an aging vet in favor of a young developmental prospect.

My guess is Adeniji sticks as a developmental guy, and both Hill and Price could stick due to Hopkins' recovery.
However, I wouldn't be surprised if Hill doesn't make it, as he does not have good athleticism at all. If the Bengals want to play a true wide zone scheme, Hill may not be athletic enough to succeed.

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - bfine32 - 05-04-2021

I need to know what's the deal with Larry Warford...

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - Hammerstripes - 05-04-2021

(05-04-2021, 06:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I need to know what's the deal with Larry Warford...

Probably money.  That and most of the saints fans that I know think his play went way down hill.

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - Stewy - 05-04-2021

(05-04-2021, 04:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: However, I wouldn't be surprised if Hill doesn't make it, as he does not have good athleticism at all. If the Bengals want to play a true wide zone scheme, Hill may not be athletic enough to succeed.

They were drafting for scheme, so why would they draft someone who doesn't fit the scheme.  It isn't logical.  

Can you backup your analysis of his lack of athleticism?  He hobbled around on bad knees at the end of last year before Georgia shut him down, but that's injury not ability.  Something more?

Free Agents, Part Deux - ochocincos - 05-04-2021

(05-04-2021, 08:46 PM)Stewy Wrote: They were drafting for scheme, so why would they draft someone who doesn't fit the scheme.  It isn't logical.  

Can you backup your analysis of his lack of athleticism?  He hobbled around on bad knees at the end of last year before Georgia shut him down, but that's injury not ability.  Something more?

I read through about 4 or 5 respectable scouting reports from people who are way more experienced than me, and all say the same thing - he lacks athleticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - SadFaceBengal15 - 05-04-2021

(05-04-2021, 08:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I read through about 4 or 5 respectable scouting reports from people who are way more experienced than me, and all say the same thing - he lacks athleticism.

Read this too but also read he moves well for his size. I expect Trey hill to make the team however. Mostly because of Hopkins injury but also because I expect hill to prove it to be easy to move on from price

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - yang - 05-05-2021

How about Jurrell Casey? HE was always a stud and got traded to Denver and then got hurt early last year. I think they cut him to save money.

Looks like a lot of interesting TE's. Jesse James? Swaim? Richard Rogers?

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - ochocincos - 05-05-2021

(05-05-2021, 01:49 PM)yang Wrote: How about Jurrell Casey?  HE was always a stud and got traded to Denver and then got hurt early last year.  I think they cut him to save money.

Looks like a lot of interesting TE's.  Jesse James?  Swaim? Richard Rogers?

Are any of those guys really better than Uzomah and Sample?
I don't think they are.
I actually had to Google Swaim because I had no idea who he was lol.
I think Uzomah can put up what James and Rodgers did in their best season, which is 400-500 yards.

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - Hammerstripes - 05-05-2021

(05-05-2021, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Are any of those guys really better than Uzomah and Sample?
I don't think they are.
I think Uzomah can put up what James and Rodgers did in their best season, which is 400-500 yards.

From a pass catching standpoint they are better than Sample.

I wouldn't mind another pass catching TE because an achilles is a brutal injury to come back from.  It really affects the explosion.

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - ochocincos - 05-05-2021

(05-05-2021, 06:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: From a pass catching standpoint they are better than Sample.

I wouldn't mind another pass catching TE because an achilles is a brutal injury to come back from.  It really affects the explosion.

Are you saying to carry 4 TEs then? Or cut Uzomah, Sample, or Moss?

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - yang - 05-06-2021

(05-05-2021, 08:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Are you saying to carry 4 TEs then? Or cut Uzomah, Sample, or Moss?

I honestly only mentioned them because they are younger and had some success, playing time.  They popped up on the fantasy radar occasionally.  Richard Rogers had a few big games.  

Mason Schreck seems to be a hanger on and not sure if Moss is going to even make the team.    As noted UZ is coming off injury so it would surprise me if they didn't bring in some competition.   Same with WR  and some other positions like Oline. 

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - SadFaceBengal15 - 05-07-2021

(05-05-2021, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Are any of those guys really better than Uzomah and Sample?
I don't think they are.

No their not. They are the exact same.

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - Bengal Dude - 05-07-2021

(05-05-2021, 01:49 PM)yang Wrote: How about Jurrell Casey?  HE was always a stud and got traded to Denver and then got hurt early last year.  I think they cut him to save money.

Looks like a lot of interesting TE's.  Jesse James?  Swaim? Richard Rogers?

A lot of local media guys have brought up Jurrell Casey. As long as his salary demands aren't high, I could see us pursuing him.

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 05-07-2021

(05-04-2021, 08:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I read through about 4 or 5 respectable scouting reports from people who are way more experienced than me, and all say the same thing - he lacks athleticism.

The Bengals seem to think this was because he played through injury in 2020, before having surgery which then meant he wasn't able to train properly for his Pro Day. They talk about him Georgia staff raving about him being 320lbs and able to dunk. 

I suppose we will find out.

RE: Free Agents, Part Deux - ochocincos - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 06:22 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The Bengals seem to think this was because he played through injury in 2020, before having surgery which then meant he wasn't able to train properly for his Pro Day. They talk about him Georgia staff raving about him being 320lbs and able to dunk. 

I suppose we will find out.

I've been wrong about plenty of prospects before.
But how many OL have the Bengals taken a gamble on because they thought the lower performance was due to being injured, but in reality the player just was not what they hoped they would get?
I guess we'll see.