Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI (/Thread-Gov-candidate-Allen-West-livid-after-wife-arrested-for-suspicion-of-DWI)

Pages: 1 2

Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - GMDino - 08-22-2021

It's always fun to see people complain about how the police treat people...after it happens to them.

#backtheblue amiright?

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/texas-gov-candidate-allen-west-livid-after-wife-arrested-for-suspicion-of-dwi-denies-she-was-drinking/287-45c46fa3-167b-4a9f-b517-64d628909e26

Quote:DALLAS — Texas gubernatorial candidate Allen West and his wife, Angela, in new statements Sunday both strongly denied she had been drinking before her arrest Friday on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.

Angela West reiterated that she only had water and lemonade at a dinner before her arrest and that she had not been drinking alcohol or taking drugs, according to a statement on her Facebook page. Allen West posted pictures on Twitter of receipts from the P.F. Chang's restaurant at Northpark Center, where he said his wife had dinner before the arrest.

The receipts, which listed Angela West's name, showed an order for three food items and a lemonade. It is still not clear what others dining with West may have ordered.

Allen West in a video update Sunday demanded an in-person apology by Tuesday from Dallas Police Chief Eddie Garcia, Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson and Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot. He also called on the officer who arrested his wife to be fired.

WFAA on Sunday reached out to the Dallas Police Department, the Dallas County District Attorney's Office and the Dallas mayor's office for comment and did not immediately hear back.

Police said West was pulled over in the 2300 block of West Northwest Highway in Dallas at 8:44 p.m. after an officer "had reasons to believe the driver may be intoxicated." In her statement, Angela West said she was pulled over for not using a turn signal.

Police said the officer put West through a field sobriety test, "which subsequently led to her arrest for DWI." She was taken to the Dallas County jail, where a blood specimen was taken to determine her blood alcohol level. The results of the blood draw are pending.

West said she told the officer she would be "a little off balance in some of the exercises" because she previously had suffered an aneurysm.  

West said she was taken to jail for a blood test after twice completing a breathalyzer test. West said the officer told her "I was doing [the breathalyzer test] wrong" and that she "tried again and again," but that the officer ultimately told her she would need to take a blood test.

Dallas police on Saturday could not confirm any information about a breathalyzer test.

West said the officer put her in the squad car and left her young grandson with another officer. The child was later released to his father, police said.

Allen West on Sunday said he was still "livid" over how police handled the incident. He criticized police for leaving his grandson with two officers before the boy's parents picked him up.

Allen West first informed people about his wife's arrest in an Instagram video Saturday morning, calling the situation "crap."

"Now I support the thin blue line, but this is insidious," West said. "They put my grandson at risk, at jeopardy, left him with a couple of police officers, and carted his grandmother into jail when she had water and lemonade."
It could take weeks before results from the blood specimen are known. 

Angela West was arraigned in Dallas County jail on Saturday morning and released by Saturday afternoon. It was unclear if she posted bond. She is faces a charge of driving while intoxicated with a child under 15, police said.

Earlier this year, Angela West ran for Garland City Council District 3 but did not advance to the runoff election.

Allen West, the former Texas Republican Party chairman, announced this summer that he will run against Gov. Greg Abbott. 

West, a retired lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army, previously served as a U.S. Representative for Florida's 22nd congressional district from 2011-2013. 

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - jason - 08-22-2021

Ohhhh... She had a kid in the vehicle with her. Nice touch.

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-23-2021

(08-22-2021, 07:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's always fun to see people complain about how the police treat people...after it happens to them.

#backtheblue amiright?

Shouldn't you be livid that the police racially profiled and mistreated a "person of color"?

#bashtheblue amiright?

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 08-23-2021

Idk can we just ***** wait until the blood test comes back? Won't that prove everything without a shadow of a doubt?

Assuming there's no political maneuvering or bribes to change or block the status of that test.

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - BigPapaKain - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 02:16 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Idk can we just ***** wait until the blood test comes back? Won't that prove everything without a shadow of a doubt?

Assuming there's no political maneuvering or bribes to change or block the status of that test.

I mean, didn't you kind of just answer your own question?

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - Au165 - 08-23-2021

This is actually a really interesting line...

"They put my grandson at risk, at jeopardy, left him with a couple of police officers"

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - BmorePat87 - 08-23-2021

[Image: baby-yoda-drink.gif]

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - BmorePat87 - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 10:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is actually a really interesting line...

"They put my grandson at risk, at jeopardy, left him with a couple of police officers"

soooooooo much to unpack with that particular line. 

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 10:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is actually a really interesting line...

(08-23-2021, 03:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: soooooooo much to unpack with that particular line. 

Right?  You'd think GM would be full square in his corner after that statement.

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - Au165 - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 04:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Right?  You'd think GM would be full square in his corner after that statement.

Must be on vacation.

(08-23-2021, 09:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Must be on vacation.

From logic and common sense?  A permanent one.  Cool

As an aside, if anyone recalls, I've thought Allen West was, and is, a POS from the moment I learned anything about him.  The man is a disgrace to the uniform and I'd hoped we'd seen the last of him.  I will remember that it's ok if a "person of color" has a negative interaction with law enforcement, as long as they're conservative.  Ninja

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - michaelsean - 08-23-2021

Yes he’s angry that the police apparently got it wrong. What he didn’t do is the extrapolate it to police as a whole.

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - BmorePat87 - 08-24-2021

I watched the footage. She swerved between lanes a few times before they turned on their lights. She then stops her car in the middle of 3 lanes. When the officer tells her to move to a different location, she parks it on the side of the same busy road at a corner, rather than pulling off to the side street. He gets out to tell her to move it another time.

During the test, she keeps trying to start and stop tests early, she did the walking test wrong multiple times, and it took multiple attempts for her to correctly use the breathalyzer.

She had a 3 month old with her. It was the right call. They were never disrespectful or violent with her. They calmly asked her who they can contact for the child before arresting her. He wants the mayor, chief of police, and DA to all apologize to him and his wife. What a tool.

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - GMDino - 08-25-2021

(08-23-2021, 03:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: baby-yoda-drink.gif]

I love it when they don't get it. 

But hey, at least someone was able to make it about ME now rather than the story.

Makes me worry about how much SSF talks about his "bowl" movements... 

(08-06-2021, 11:21 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Contrary to what you might think, I give you as much consideration as the last bowl movement I took.  

Ninja

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - GMDino - 10-10-2021

Allen West announced on Twitter that he and his wife have Covid.

She was vaccinated and he was not.

He was hospitalized and she was not.

He now claims that his antibodies will make him immune.

Also, once tested positive he took everything he could.

I wish him well and a full recovery and also believe he is an ass.

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - BigPapaKain - 10-10-2021

At least he's willing to defend everyone's right to bodily autonomy. I guess that means he'll overturn every restriction to abortion?

I ***** doubt it.

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - GMDino - 10-11-2021

(10-10-2021, 10:37 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: At least he's willing to defend everyone's right to bodily autonomy. I guess that means he'll overturn every restriction to abortion?

I ***** doubt it.

Yeah, and he won't get the irony there either.

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - GMDino - 10-12-2021

Man,  I did not know West was a "hero" for allowing the beating and torture of an informant and participating in it himself.

What a guy.

https://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/12/sprj.nirq.west.ruling/

Quote:U.S. officer fined for harsh interrogation tactics

Saturday, December 13, 2003 Posted: 6:16 AM EST (1116 GMT)

West, right, was fined $5,000 and will be reassigned while he awaits retirement.

TIKRIT, Iraq (CNN) -- The commanding general of the 4th Infantry Division on Friday accepted a U.S. military investigator's recommendation and ordered administrative action against Lt. Col. Allen West, who was accused of using improper methods to force information out of an Iraqi detainee.

Following a military hearing, West was fined $5,000 over two months, according to West's civillian attorney, Neal Puckett.

The punishment does not affect West's eligibility for retirement and pension, Puckett said in a statement.

West, 42, will be assigned to the rear detachment of the 4th Infantry Division awaiting the processing of his retirement request, the statement said.

Maj. Gen. Raymond Odierno, the 4th Infantry's top general in Tikrit, could have rejected the recommendation and ordered a court martial. If he were to be found guilty at a court martial of the two articles against him, West could have faced 11 years in prison, a military prosecutor told CNN.

The case stems from an incident August 20 at a military base in Taji, just north of Baghdad, when West was interrogating an Iraqi policeman, who was believed to have information about a plot to assassinate West with an ambush on a U.S. convoy.

In testimony at an Article 32 hearing -- the military's version of a grand jury or preliminary hearing -- West said the policeman, Yahya Jhrodi Hamoody, was not cooperating with interrogators, so he watched four of his soldiers from the 220th Field Artillery Battalion beat the detainee on the head and body.

West said he also threatened to kill Hamoody. Military prosecutors say West followed up on that threat by taking the suspect outside, put him on the ground near a weapons clearing barrel and fired his 9 mm pistol into the barrel.

Apparently not knowing where West's gun was aimed, Hamoody cracked and gave information about the planned ambush on West's convoy, thwarting the attack.

West said there were no further ambushes on U.S. forces in Taji until he was relieved of his leadership post on October 4.

"I know the method I used was not right, but I wanted to take care of my soldiers," West testified to a military courtroom of observers and some teary-eyed troops formerly under his command.

Asked if he would have act differently if under similar circumstances again, West testified, "If it's about the lives of my soldiers at stake, I'd go through hell with a gasoline can."

Puckett argued that because West is always accompanied by U.S. troops that he acted to save American lives.

But while West's supporters call him a hero, military prosecutors said his actions amounted to torture and violated articles 128 and 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Prosecutor Capt. Magdalena Pezytulska said West should be tried for assault and for communicating a threat. "This is a case about a man who lost his temper," she argued. "There are consequences for [West's] actions."

When West testified that he had "no malice toward Hamoody" and that he "just wanted information," Pezytulska presented a document of West's typed statement following the August incident. She asked him to read his own written words to the court: "In my anger, I couldn't remember how many shots were fired."

After nearly 20 years of military service, West plans to move his family from Texas to Florida, where he said he hopes to start a new life.

I can guess why a guy who believes he is above the rules/law and should be able to do anything he wants would be anti-vaccine...and republican.  lol.

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-12-2021

(10-12-2021, 08:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Man,  I did not know West was a "hero" for allowing the beating and torture of an informant and participating in it himself.

What a guy.

I can guess why a guy who believes he is above the rules/law and should be able to do anything he wants would be anti-vaccine...and republican.  lol.

This was discussed at length on the old board and is obviously old as dirt information.  Allen West is a garbage person.  That being said, your attempts to paint him as a typical Republican is partisan garbage as well.  I don't think all Dems are shit human beings because of prominent Dem supporters like Ed Buck or Harvey Weinstein.  Maybe you should focus more on the culpability of individuals instead of eagerly painting huge swathes of people with the same brush?  

RE: Gov. candidate Allen West 'livid' after wife arrested for suspicion of DWI - Dill - 10-12-2021

(10-12-2021, 08:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Man,  I did not know West was a "hero" for allowing the beating and torture of an informant and participating in it himself.

What a guy.

The bolded matters to you. Let's see how many Texas voters care. 

Remember that West's story about his reprimand in Iraq is that his action saved lived.
A guy who was punished for refusing to coddle terrorists already has a great deal of cred with the Trump base,
I should think.

They placed him head of their RNC. Now he is running for governor. 

Current gov. Abbot has been vaccinated. West has refused vaccination--right into a hospital bed.

Will that make him still more authentic, more credible to GOP voters? 

Right now he seems like a Trump who has actually been battle tested.