Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joey B will play on Sunday - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joey B will play on Sunday (/Thread-Joey-B-will-play-on-Sunday)

Pages: 1 2 3

Joey B will play on Sunday - pally - 08-25-2021

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - Big Boss - 08-25-2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgXvZ4b61_c

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - Synric - 08-25-2021

Live Reps always help... and from what I've seen of the offense this offseason it's completely different than what he ran last year.

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - pally - 08-25-2021

Spain and XSF will start the game and be in as long as Joe is

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-25-2021

This is good.... I'd like to see him let it fly a few times down field.

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - leonardfan40 - 08-25-2021

I like it, shouldn’t need a lot. If he plans on playing week one he should get at least one series in during the preseason.

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - Synric - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 01:30 PM)pally Wrote: Spain and XSF will start the game and be in as long as Joe is

Trey Hopkins will be playing too.

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - kevin - 08-25-2021

I've noticed most teams have not used their Starters yet. It was of great mention in the preseason games of preseason week 2. So the Bengals are not alone on this. Is it the extra game to regular season, or the weather, or covid, I have no idea, but I have seen few starters in NFL up to this point. I was looking for starting running backs for Bengals Board draft this weekend, but teams just have not played their starters. With the Rams RB injured for season, I was interested who replaces there, but even Rams held out the #2 RB now and used 3 and 4.

So Burrow and Bengals are not behind. NFL teams have used few starters up to now, for whatever reasons.

Do not worry about Chase as some have. Chase is rusty from not playing in 2020. Also the LSU Combo is Burrow to Chase, not Bengals back-ups to Chase. Way too early for the posts of people wondering if Chase was a bad pick, way too early. However my worry is still the O Line Blocking, and it will remain so until I see running lanes and pass blocking, something I have not seen since 2016 on this team.

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - Gdale_Bengal - 08-25-2021

I’m hoping for either 2 series or 1 long series. Like 3 or 4 throws. See how the protection holds up and see that extra zip he has worked on.

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - Jhowdy54 - 08-25-2021

I’m guessing nothing but quick 3 step drops. Imagine a screen to chase will be in there for him to get the ball in his hands cleanly.

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - CJD - 08-25-2021

I am equally excited and terrified.

I'm sure it'll be okay though :)

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - MileHighGrowler - 08-25-2021

Love to hear this! Definitely wouldn't mind seeing him take a couple of series, unless the first is a long one marching down the field.

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - Nately120 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 02:02 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Love to hear this!  Definitely wouldn't mind seeing him take a couple of series, unless the first is a long one marching down the field.

You can't take Burrow out if he's on a hot streak!

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - Rubekahn29 - 08-25-2021

But I thought Burrow was broken in half and never going to play again?

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - bengaloo - 08-25-2021

I think this will help his confidence heading into the opener. Good stuff. Definitely going to be watching intently.

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - Frank Booth - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 02:13 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: But I thought Burrow was broken in half and never going to play again?

Who has ever said that?

You need to stop talking to those voices in your head

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 02:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Who has ever said that?

You need to stop talking to those voices in your head

I've seen at least a dozen people say that, through the past few months.

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - Nately120 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 02:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've seen at least a dozen people say that, through the past few months.

People also seemed pretty sure Joe Burrow was immune to having issues with his confidence and/or he could make John Ross a good football player.  Takes on the guy are pretty lofty, in many aspects. 

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - jj22 - 08-25-2021

Sounds like we have our Oline starters.

RE: Joey B will play on Sunday - Murdock2420 - 08-25-2021

This is good news, live reps to dust off the rust and get the feel of real game action is important. Even if he only run out there for 1 or 2 possessions it helps get the feel of real football back.