Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Next Up: Da Bears - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Next Up: Da Bears (/Thread-Next-Up-Da-Bears)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Next Up: Da Bears - Joelist - 09-13-2021

So we now go to Chicago (I live here, it is a crap city) to face off with the Bears. Compared to the Vikings there are some similarities and some differences:

1) Bears OL is suspect - Peters got hurt tonight as did another Tackle.

2) Montgomery is a VERY underrated back.

3) The Bears defensive front is decent but not as strong as Minnesotas.

4) They have speed at WR but no one like Jefferson; they are stacked at TE though.

5) As tonight showed, they are VERY susceptible to big pass plays.

Assuming we clean up the blocking back issue, the offense should be able to run and pass on them and score. Defensively if we have a DL performance like we did today the Bears will be stymied offensively. And of course, the big thing will be Zac Taylor vs. Matt Nagy. Will Zac actually call a good game? Only the future knows...

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - Sanforbd - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 01:41 AM)Joelist Wrote: So we now go to Chicago (I live here, it is a crap city) to face off with the Bears. Compared to the Vikings there are some similarities and some differences:

4) They have speed at WR but no one like Jefferson; they are stacked at TE though.

Assuming we clean up the blocking back issue, the offense should be able to run and pass on them and score. Defensively if we have a DL performance like we did today the Bears will be stymied offensively. And of course, the big thing will be Zac Taylor vs. Matt Nagy. Will Zac actually call a good game? Only the future knows...

A shit city? Chicago is one of the best cities in the world. I’d slit my wrist before I’d move back to Ohio.

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - Nicomo Cosca - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 01:46 AM)Sanforbd Wrote: A shit city? Chicago is one of the best cities in the world. I’d slit my wrist before I’d move back to Ohio.

I was just about to agree with you (I love Chicago) until you knocked Ohio. Chicago is fun to visit, but Cincinnati is a much better city to live in, imo. The traffic, crime, and cost of living in Chicago probably make it a hard pass for most people.

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - Joelist - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 01:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was just about to agree with you (I love Chicago) until you knocked Ohio. Chicago is fun to visit, but Cincinnati is a much better city to live in, imo. The traffic, crime, and cost of living in Chicago probably make Chicago a hard pass for most people.

Yep! I live up here remember. The COL is ridiculous and causes a lot of people to go to Indiana to shop and get gas. Crime is a major problem too. I was born here and grew up in the inner city. Yes it has a great cultural heritage but nowadays is not a great place to live anymore. 

Now some of the suburbs to the south and west are pretty cool. But as a place to live Cincinnati is better. 

In any event, this is about Da Bears.

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - Murdock2420 - 09-13-2021

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - grampahol - 09-13-2021

Are they still the Andy bears?

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - SladeX - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 01:56 AM)Joelist Wrote: Yep! I live up here remember. The COL is ridiculous and causes a lot of people to go to Indiana to shop and get gas. Crime is a major problem too. I was born here and grew up in the inner city. Yes it has a great cultural heritage but nowadays is not a great place to live anymore. 

Now some of the suburbs to the south and west are pretty cool. But as a place to live Cincinnati is better. 

In any event, this is about Da Bears.

I grew up in Evanston. No love for the North? Wrigley is a great stadium. Never been to Soldiers though. 

I believe the 2nd game will show us more about the team's performance going forward. Hopefully Zac learns from his mistakes... .

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - SHRacerX - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 01:41 AM)Joelist Wrote: So we now go to Chicago (I live here, it is a crap city) to face off with the Bears. Compared to the Vikings there are some similarities and some differences:

You scounted Da Bears well, and I might add that Dalton gets the ball out very quickly.  

Now, in terms of scouting the Bengals, it is VERY tough going in to the 2nd week having to travel coming off a 5 quarter game.  It may not seem like a lot of difference, but it is.  There is a historical trend of teams struggling going on the road after an OT game that goes the full quarter.  The team needs lots of healing this week. 

It might help a little that the Bears were the late game Sunday, though, and they had to travel home.  

That being said, I am downright amazed at the conditioning that the Bengals showed yesterday.  In extreme heat, an OT game, that defense just kept coming.  

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - SHRacerX - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 04:48 AM)grampahol Wrote: Are they still the Andy bears?

Andy started and Fields rotated in and took some snaps.  Fields had 2 completions on 2 attempts for 10 yards, and he carried the ball once for 3 yards.  

I would expect a little more Fields against the Bengals but not to start.  

Next Up: Da Bears - The D.O.Z. - 09-13-2021

I like Andy’s new beard. It’s the kind of beard that says “Brawny paper towel endorsement once this Bears thing doesn’t work out”.

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-13-2021

Stopping David Montgomery won’t be easy; even the Rams had issues containing him. He’s a local kid from Mt. Healthy High School and a formidable runner. If the defensive line and linebackers don’t contain Montgomery it might be a long day at Soldier Field and even against Minnesota it was hard to get the Vikings off the field on third down.

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - Bengalpool - 09-13-2021

We stopped Cook, we'll stop Montgomery. I'm worried about their TE's and Fields packages.

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - Whatever - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 01:46 AM)Sanforbd Wrote: A shit city? Chicago is one of the best cities in the world. I’d slit my wrist before I’d move back to Ohio.

Slitting your wrists would cancel your life insurance.  You could just take a walk outside and odds are you'd catch a stray bullet.  

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - CJD - 09-13-2021

I hope that Nagy doesn't overreact to their loss and start Fields. I'd much rather face Dalton.

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - Big Boss - 09-13-2021

This is one of those "should win" games. So let's hope they take care of business.

If the defensive line can play as well as it has, Dalton will be running for his life.

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - Awful Llama - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 04:02 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote:

People may think this was an exaggeration, but they nailed the Bears fans.  I've experienced them on many an occasion at games up in Detroit.  They're obese, mustachioed, drunken fools who bray endlessly and wreak of onions and "sassages."  The SNL skits were kind.  

(09-13-2021, 08:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You scounted Da Bears well, and I might add that Dalton gets the ball out very quickly.  

Now, in terms of scouting the Bengals, it is VERY tough going in to the 2nd week having to travel coming off a 5 quarter game.  It may not seem like a lot of difference, but it is.  There is a historical trend of teams struggling going on the road after an OT game that goes the full quarter.  The team needs lots of healing this week. 

It might help a little that the Bears were the late game Sunday, though, and they had to travel home.  

That being said, I am downright amazed at the conditioning that the Bengals showed yesterday.  In extreme heat, an OT game, that defense just kept coming.  

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - Big_Ern - 09-13-2021

Someone will beat you to it in that warzone 

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - 740Bengal - 09-13-2021

We will see if Taylor can master the elementary understanding of running PA's to the other side of Mack or not to run run pass on key drives. I have ZERO faith in this man. Burrow will have to have more control over the playcalling if this team is going to make the post season.

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 09:19 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Stopping David Montgomery won’t be easy; even the Rams had issues containing him. He’s a local kid from Mt. Healthy High School and a formidable runner. If the defensive line and linebackers don’t contain Montgomery it might be a long day at Soldier Field and even against Minnesota it was hard to get the Vikings off the field on third down.

The dline of the Rams is still great on the pass rush (as last night showed), but getting rid of Brockers REALLY hurt their run D.

Brockers has consistently been a run game stud, since he came in the league; the Rams don't have a DE capable of keeping contain anymore.

RE: Next Up: Da Bears - Sled21 - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 08:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You scounted Da Bears well, and I might add that Dalton gets the ball out very quickly.  

That's mentality my friend. The mentality brought here by the likes of Vonn Bell, Trey Hendrickson, Mike Hilton and Jessie Bates. There is no quit in these guys. We've all seen Bengals defenses under Marvin that would have folded after the 4th down failure and resulting change of momentum. Not this one, Bengals Defense is going to be the talk of the NFL in the next few weeks. When Waynes comes out and replaces Apple, it will only be better. And for those who lamented getting rid of Lawson, while I liked Carl, I predicted he would be injured this year and Hendrickson is as advertised.... He was a complete beast yesterday.