Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2021 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2021-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** (/Thread-Week-7-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Ravens)

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - masonbengals fan - 10-24-2021

FG is a start.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - TheLeonardLeap - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 02:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: Also, how did Boyd get taken out down field

I was watching the replay and it looks like both he and the CB got turf monstered both cutting too sharply. Might be a spot on the field? Neither looked around for a flag and it really seemed like they both just slipped.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Murdock2420 - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 02:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, saw him take an early step on that 4th down conversion.

I thought I saw it too, but wasn't sure.

***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - PhilHos - 10-24-2021

We keep it close by halftime, then we know the game is ours as that's when the offense always decides to show up.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - TheFan - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 02:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Too much pressure. Jonah is getting abused right now.

Even so, Burrow had Higgins wide open and missed it. Higgins has 2-3 steps on his man and no one in front. You don't beat the Ravens if you're missing those throws. 

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Clark W Griswold - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 02:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Think all the pressure has him off his game. Gotta settle it down with some runs and play action and screens.

That is true but it’s not like the pressure is unexpected. They should know how Balt is going to play and plan for that right out of the gate.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - bengalfan74 - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 02:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: Also, how did Boyd get taken out down field

Was wondering what happened there myself ?

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Nicomo Cosca - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 02:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: What’s up with Jonah? I’ve never been a huge fan of him at LT but he’s been pretty good this year but not today. He needs to start doing his job.

No excuses. He’s actually got someone playing well next to him. He has to be better.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Goalpost - 10-24-2021

Joe will figure it out. He just needs better protection

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - bfine32 - 10-24-2021

I know pressure can make a QB throw early; today I learned it also makes them throw high. Joe's been off; it's a recurring 1st half theme.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - THE Bigzoman - 10-24-2021

Ravens making Bengals work for every yard with these early game heroics.

Need turnovers not sacks from this defense.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Whacked - 10-24-2021

Hostile environment and blistering D so far

I’m stoked they put 3 up and took first lead.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Interceptor - 10-24-2021

Add another OT to the line. I'm sure at least ONE of the 3 WRs can get open if given a second or two more. And where is the play-action? I guess these are still scripted plays....

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Tony - 10-24-2021

Need a Turnover here..

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - jfkbengals - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 02:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Think all the pressure has him off his game. Gotta settle it down with some runs and play action and screens.

This.

Nothing slows down outside pressure like a successful screen.  Every time the RB slips starts a pattern afterwards will bring some hesitation from the end on that side.

We can also start having the RB chip on the way out into the pattern.  Make the DE earn it.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - kalibengal - 10-24-2021

Jonah looks like shit...Burrow will get injured if they dont give him some help.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Au165 - 10-24-2021

High throws are because the QB drops his elbow. You tend to drop your elbow short arming hurried mechanics. We got to get Joe comfortable and slow the mechanics down.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Au165 - 10-24-2021

Also, let’s get Chase on motion to get a free release on Humphrey.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Destro - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 02:30 PM)Whacked Wrote: Hostile environment and blistering D so far

I’m stoked they put 3 up and took first lead.

Exactly. These are not the Jags. 

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - jfkbengals - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 02:30 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Add another OT to the line. I'm sure at least ONE of the 3 WRs can get open if given a second or two more. And where is the play-action? I guess these are still scripted plays....

Play action rarely works without proving you can run the ball on a defense first.

Need a few more successful runs.