Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Credit Where Credit Is Due - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Credit Where Credit Is Due (/Thread-Credit-Where-Credit-Is-Due--28956)

Pages: 1 2

Credit Where Credit Is Due - bengalguy71 - 10-24-2021

Evan McPherson missed 2 FGs and many in here went berserk!

It took the article where Simmons said that they were concerned about the wind before the game and when Evan missed 2 kicks and the 15 year veteran missed 4 in the same game, it doesn't take a Calculus expert to conclude wind as the issue.

He hasn't missed since and made another 50+ today!

Where's all the naysayers now?

(Crickets)

Lapham didn't see he IS the Bengals Tucker, he said he has the potential leg and demeanor to BECOME the Bengals Tucker.

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - bfine32 - 10-24-2021

I don't think anyone was "naysaying" EM. I'm sure we all wished he had made the FGs, but dude has been good.

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - bengalguy71 - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 11:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think anyone was "naysaying" EM. I'm sure we all wished he had made the FGs, but dude has been good.

Come on BF some here we're trashing him after the GB game!

And you're right, he IS good.

Being a Floridian and having a son who is a Gator alumni, I watch EVERY Gator football game and he was a beast at Florida!

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 11:37 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Come on BF some here we're trashing him after the GB game!

Being a Floridian and having a son who is a Gator alumni, I watch EVERY Gator football game and he was a beast at Florida!

I think we were just trying to get rid of the awful nicknames was all

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - Shake n Blake - 10-24-2021

I was mad after the game, but I wasn't worried about Sir Kicks-a-Lot. It was clear the wind was a factor. I'd say most people know that, but some tend to speak out of emotion on game day. That's why I don't frequent game day threads much, and don't judge those who get emotional and make dumb posts in there. Everyone fans in different ways.

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - bfine32 - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 11:44 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think we were just trying to get rid of the awful nicknames was all

I admit I was guilty of calling him McDoink, but I was just playin' much like JaMarr Ross

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - Frank Booth - 10-25-2021

Bounced back nicely

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - rfaulk34 - 10-25-2021

(10-24-2021, 11:44 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think we were just trying to get rid of the awful nicknames was all

You bite your damn dirty tongue! Rant

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - motoarch - 10-25-2021

I defended him after that game. So not my issue.

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - rfaulk34 - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 12:09 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bounced back nicely

Pun intended or no?

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - jj22 - 10-28-2021

The misses ended up being a blessing in disguise. The playcalling has improved since ZT quit calling plays like he had Tucker. 3 straight runs to set up a 50+ game winning FG's. When if the wind was an issue he should have been going for the TD to end it. Who would keep trotting out kickers after 5 straight misses to win a game? (both teams should have told their qb's no more fg attempts and went for the kill).

That game proved he wasn't Tucker (yet) and ZT seems to be more aggressively trying to score TD's every drive.

The pressure subsided and Evan got back to the basics. Good to see it wasn't a slump and he had some mental strength to move past it.

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - Stewy - 10-28-2021

(10-24-2021, 11:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Evan McPherson missed 2 FGs and many in here went berserk!

It took the article where Simmons said that they were concerned about the wind before the game and when Evan missed 2 kicks and the 15 year veteran missed 4 in the same game, it doesn't take a Calculus expert to conclude wind as the issue.

He hasn't missed since and made another 50+ today!

Where's all the naysayers now?

(Crickets)

Lapham didn't see he IS the Bengals Tucker, he said he has the potential leg and demeanor to BECOME the Bengals Tucker.

The most crap I saw him getting (here and nationally) was from celebrating early on the OT kick he missed.  Felt bad for him on that one.  Damn wind.  He's been rock solid.....and al kickers can miss in swirling winds.  If people were giving him crap for it then they're...... *insert negative adjective here*  <-----and I'm standing by it.

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-29-2021

(10-24-2021, 11:37 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Come on BF some here we're trashing him after the GB game!

Really, I must of missed the people trashing on McPherson. I sure didn't blame him for that loss, I blame Burrow for both our 
losses this year but hey, he still has played great. Just had about 5 terrible interceptions that shouldn't of happened.

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - TecmoBengals - 10-29-2021

We got ourselves a legit NFL kicker until around the year 2040.

(10-29-2021, 03:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We got ourselves a legit NFL kicker until around the year 2040.

Yeah, McPherson is good. Might need to get a new Punter here soon, Huber the great is getting up there, he can't do it forever.

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - grampahol - 10-29-2021

(10-29-2021, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, McPherson is good. Might need to get a new Punter here soon, Huber the great is getting up there, he can't do it forever.

Never know..He might be the Brady of punters..

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - bengalguy71 - 10-29-2021

(10-29-2021, 04:40 PM)grampahol Wrote: Never know..He might be the Brady of punters..

If he hadn't had his jaw broken by the piece of s*** from Thugsburgh he may well have been!  Nervous

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - bengalguy71 - 10-29-2021

(10-29-2021, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really, I must of missed the people trashing on McPherson. I sure didn't blame him for that loss, I blame Burrow for both our 
losses this year but hey, he still has played great. Just had about 5 terrible interceptions that shouldn't of happened.

There was only a few Nate calling for his head.  Comparing him to Justin Tucker etc.  

RE: Credit Where Credit Is Due - Dr.Z - 10-29-2021

(10-24-2021, 11:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was mad after the game, but I wasn't worried about Sir Kicks-a-Lot. It was clear the wind was a factor. I'd say most people know that, but some tend to speak out of emotion on game day. [b[That's why I don't frequent game day threads much, and don't judge those who get emotional and make dumb posts in there. Everyone fans in different ways.[/b]

Man what a bipolar experience those game day threads are lol.  I kind of avoid them too.   And I completely agree with the second part (as well as some of the negativity coming into the season).   Us Bengal fans are sadly a bit gun-shy due to the past letdowns.   

(10-29-2021, 05:08 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: There was only a few Nate calling for his head.  Comparing him to Justin Tucker etc.  

Well, to be even compared to Justin Tucker is a compliment. McPherson is a rookie and it was windy. He gets a pass for now.

If Burrow didn't throw that INT right to the Packer Linebacker things would of been much different pretty damn sure.

(10-29-2021, 05:14 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Man what a bipolar experience those game day threads are lol.  I kind of avoid them too.   And I completely agree with the second part (as well as some of the negativity coming into the season).   Us Bengal fans are sadly a bit gun-shy due to the past letdowns.   

Good idea to avoid the game day threads. I see a dumb post by some dude with a knee jerk reaction and by the time I 
respond it is 2 pages past and no one reads my post anyways. No point. Better just to watch the game yourself or listen 
to some of the more middle of the road posters. There is a lot of good going on for our team right now but if we get 
down by 3 to the Jets in the first quarter look out if you are in the Gameday thread lol

End of the frickin' world man, WE SUCK!!!Bang Head Ninja