Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Top RG.... Nah - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Top RG.... Nah (/Thread-Top-RG-Nah)

Pages: 1 2

Top RG.... Nah - Emeritus - 11-25-2021

Tiger

Great article on Adeniji but I still believe that he's either a swing tackle or starting right.imo. We'll have exceptional backup players if this organization does the right things next offseason.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/11/25/22800409/bengals-film-room-hakeem-adeniji-right-guard-raiders

RE: Top RG.... Nah - bfine32 - 11-25-2021

It's a good problem to have.

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Emeritus - 11-25-2021

(11-25-2021, 11:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's a good problem to have.
Tiger
Thats exactly right because right now this line has to still prove it can be a dominate unit. If you were building a line from scratch the only guy you'd take would be Jonah.. I think... As a guard. That must change for any championship ambitions. I like the rest of the guys but they're quality backups.

RE: Top RG.... Nah - PlayadLc - 11-25-2021

(11-25-2021, 11:37 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
Thats exactly right because right now this line has to still prove it can be a dominate unit. If you were building a line from scratch the only guy you'd take would be Jonah.. I think... As a guard. That must change for any championship ambitions. I like the rest of the guys but they're quality backups.

This is dramatic. Reiff/Spain and Jonah are all solid lineman.

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-25-2021

(11-25-2021, 11:37 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

DomiNANT

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Emeritus - 11-26-2021

(11-25-2021, 11:47 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: This is dramatic. Reiff/Spain and Jonah are all solid lineman.

Tiger

I'd never go against the quality that those guys bring but how far can you go with this unit. That has nothing to solid because we agree on that. Can you name a team that this unit will go into another teams building in the playoffs and dominate. I cant . Now that doesn't mean we cant win a game but is that all its about.

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Emeritus - 11-26-2021

(11-25-2021, 11:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: DomiNANT

Tiger
I meant 4th & 1 run Mixon not Chase.

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 11-26-2021

(11-25-2021, 11:47 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: This is dramatic. Reiff/Spain and Jonah are all solid lineman.

I'd classify them as meh to mediocre at best. They've been OK and definitely have had their moments, but I need to see more than what they've shown to consider them solid. Part of the reason that they have such a lack of penalties is because there are too many straight paths to Burrow and several flags have been picked up because the opponents would rather take the sack that they got than give them another down.

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-26-2021

(11-26-2021, 12:14 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
I meant 4th & 1 run Mixon not Chase.

What does that have to do with improper word usage?

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-26-2021

These linemen are “Cincinnati good.” They are not “NFL good.”

Watch the Patriots or the Buccaneers. Then watch the Bengals. You’ll see what I mean.

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Go Cards - 11-26-2021

If he emerges to be even adequate ?

Then my prayers have been answered, slightly anyway.

RE: Top RG.... Nah - fredtoast - 11-26-2021

(11-26-2021, 11:25 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: These linemen are “Cincinnati good.”  They are not “NFL good.”

Watch the Patriots or the Buccaneers. Then watch the Bengals.  You’ll see what I mean.

You have to learn how to watch individual offensive linemen.

Plus both the Bucs and the Pats are below average (19th and 20th) in yards per carry and the Pats are below average (17th) in sack percentage.

The Bengals O-line needs work, but it is stupid to say we have to replace all 5 to be good.

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-26-2021

(11-26-2021, 11:25 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: These linemen are “Cincinnati good.” They are not “NFL good.”

Watch the Patriots or the Buccaneers. Then watch the Bengals. You’ll see what I mean.

Jonah and Spain would be starters on almost any team (including the Bucs and Patriots, for that matter, as they are both better than those teams' respective LTs and LGs) and Reiff would be a starter on at least 1/3 of the teams in the league as well.

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Sled21 - 11-27-2021

(11-26-2021, 12:10 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I'd never go against the quality that those guys bring but how far can you go with this unit. That has nothing to solid because we agree on that. Can you name a team that this unit will go into another teams building in the playoffs and dominate. I cant . Now that doesn't mean we cant win a game but is that all its about.

Our only question is still RG, and who will fill the role on a permanent basis. Hopkins has not been good this year, but he is not 100% healthy. When he is fully recovered, and with the RG figured out between Adeniji and/or Carman, I'll be happy with this.

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Emeritus - 11-27-2021

(11-27-2021, 11:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Our only question is still RG, and who will fill the role on a permanent basis. Hopkins has not been good this year, but he is not 100% healthy. When he is fully recovered, and with the RG figured out between Adeniji and/or Carman, I'll be happy with this.

Tiger

With Carman being such a high draft choice he has a spot to loose on the right side in 22. (Tackle or Guard)
Look at the contracts and dead money thats the bread crumbs with this organization. To all those looking at cornerback in round one you'll need to look at the money first. I like Sauce in round one but he'll sit so rounds 2/3/4 look better money wise. Imo

RE: Top RG.... Nah - jj22 - 11-27-2021

Cinncinnati good used to be a compliment. What the league strived for.

As far as this current group. Jonah and Spain has stabilized the left side. Reiff is a clear upgrade over the name rarely mentioned anymore. D'Ante Smith, Carman, Adeniji seem worthy of development with starting potential. And don't sleep on Prince with 2 more years under contract being a RT of the future. He looked good in preseason, and has been getting more and more playing time on the right side. And Fred Johnson at swing tackle, who could have developed more. Who seems to be a far better tackle then guard. We thankfully (because of good health) haven't seen him.

Pollack has a lot to work with and we may not have made the dominant turnaround in year one of blowing up the line, but in a couple years of continuity at Oline Coach, I haven't seen anything to make me not see the possibility of a bright future for the group. If not this year with, Adeniji developing along with Spain and Carman to a certain extent, and Hopkins working through a miraculous return from ACL injury; and improving, then next.

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Emeritus - 11-27-2021

(11-27-2021, 10:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Cinncinnati good used to be a compliment. What the league strived for.

As far as this current group. Jonah and Spain has stabilized the left side. Reiff is a clear upgrade over the name rarely mentioned anymore. D'Ante Smith, Carman, Adeniji seem worthy of development with starting potential. And don't sleep on Prince with 2 more years under contract being a RT of the future. He looked good in preseason, and has been getting more and more playing time on the right side. And Fred Johnson at swing tackle, who could have developed more. Who seems to be a far better tackle then guard. We thankfully (because of good health) haven't seen him.

Pollack has a lot to work with and we may not have made the dominant turnaround in year one of blowing up the line, but in a couple years of continuity at Oline Coach, I haven't seen anything to make me not see the possibility of a bright future for the group. If not this year with, Adeniji developing along with Spain and Carman to a certain extent, and Hopkins working through a miraculous return from ACL injury; and improving, then next.

Tiger
Great post

RE: Top RG.... Nah - bfine32 - 11-27-2021

(11-26-2021, 10:55 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: What does that have to do with improper word usage?

What does a football forum have to do with proper word usage? 

RE: Top RG.... Nah - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-27-2021

(11-27-2021, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What does a football forum have to do with proper word usage? 

Quote:Make a dominate line.
(or whatever was said)

What does that even mean?

I can't believe how super salty and ball-breaking you've become.

You legit used to be down to earth and fun to have discourse with, bfine, but you've become a bit of a dick. WTF?

RE: Top RG.... Nah - bfine32 - 11-27-2021

(11-27-2021, 11:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: (or whatever was said)

What does that even mean?

I can't believe how super salty and ball-breaking you've become.

You legit used to be down to earth and fun to have discourse with, bfine, but you've become a bit of a dick. WTF?

Dude, you corrected dude's grammar in a football forum and then when he came back to talk more football you doubled down on your grammar correction.

I'm just guessing dude was more interested in talking football that going to night school.

No idea how that makes me a "bit of a dick". I'm sure you knew exactly what he meant..