Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What a painful loss - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What a painful loss (/Thread-What-a-painful-loss)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

What a painful loss - Trademark - 12-12-2021

I was there tonight and let me tell you the jungle was rocking and was very loud, just to have our hearts ripped out, also seemed like there was a ton of 49ers fans there and they were absolutely obnoxious. Zac Taylor's conservative play calling was atrocious and the o-line was getting mauled....

RE: What a painful loss - chopperbobby - 12-12-2021

I don’t know the 1st 1/2 it was all I could to stay awake. As usual the bengals showed up mid 3rd quarter. That’s when it got exciting.
Few observations
Do we have any 3 step passing plays. 3 and long joe goes down waiting for long pass plays
Can we ever defend a tight end? Kettle killed us. Who did not know in OT 3 and 5 it was going to him. Our defense and that is all. Every one else watching the game knew it.

Once again get hopes up and kick me in the nuts.

Who dey

RE: What a painful loss - reuben.ahmed - 12-12-2021

What you saw live is what we save on TV, his playcalling causes us to lose games (the fumbles, drops, picks are gonna happen but our coach should not put us in positions to lose).

Who do we think akes adjustments at half? That is only saving grace if Zac taylor is the one, but I doubt it.

RE: What a painful loss - Essex Johnson - 12-12-2021

(12-12-2021, 10:46 PM)Trademark Wrote: I was there tonight and let me tell you the jungle was rocking and was very loud, just to have our hearts ripped out, also seemed like there was a ton of 49ers fans there and they were absolutely obnoxious. Zac Taylor's conservative play calling was atrocious and the o-line was getting mauled....

I was there also.. i don;t see as much conservative as lack of being consistent for 4 quarters, how many games does Burrow come out just blah in 1st half.. this game was lost on Special Teams...

(12-12-2021, 11:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was there also.. i don;t see as much conservative as lack of being consistent for 4 quarters, how many games does Burrow come out just blah in 1st half.. this game was lost on Special Teams...

You missed the 65 yards in the air herbert pass replay on TV immediately followed up by burrow taking a sack to help cause a missed field goal.

RE: What a painful loss - ezekiel23 - 12-12-2021

I agree,this was a painful loss.But,the sloppy play continues.I think there were 4,maybe 5 fumbles in the first quarter alone,although not all were lost.Phillips cost us 2 possession by losing the ball on kickoff return and giving them excellent field position.The was the taunting penalty by Bell,which turn it into a Touchdown for the niners,instead of a FG.There was the interception,etc.etc.And to still come back and tie the score,then go ahead by a FG.Pretty incredible.This team is giving me a headache.

RE: What a painful loss - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-12-2021

(12-12-2021, 11:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You missed the 65 yards in the air herbert pass replay on TV immediately followed up by burrow taking a sack to help cause a missed field goal.

If Joe Burrow played behind Justin Herbert's offensive line the Chargers would be undefeated.

(12-12-2021, 11:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You missed the 65 yards in the air herbert pass replay on TV immediately followed up by burrow taking a sack to help cause a missed field goal.

We played SF today... not Chargers ....

(12-12-2021, 11:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We played SF today... not Chargers ....

Yes, but you missed the cutaway replay of Herbert tossing a 65 yard in the air bomb followed up by Burrow taking a sack and us missing a FG literally 1 second later (on TV broadcast). We were waiting for your post in gameday lol

RE: What a painful loss - t3r3e3 - 12-12-2021

(12-12-2021, 11:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Joe Burrow played behind Justin Herbert's offensive line the Chargers would be undefeated.

The difference between the Chargers and Bengals is that the Chargers made upgrading the line a priority last offseason. The Bengals made a halfhearted effort with bandaids and hoping injured guys would stay healthy.

(12-12-2021, 11:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Joe Burrow played behind Justin Herbert's offensive line the Chargers would be undefeated.

Herbert has pressure too, he is just bigger and able to get off some throws.. totally reminds me of a young Big Ben.. last week at game thought we had him multiple times with guys on him.... Bengals sacked him 4 times last week and he still lite it up

RE: What a painful loss - Go Cards - 12-12-2021

Bengals have to get serious about the O-line this off season.

RE: What a painful loss - thompson19osu - 12-12-2021

It stings for the fact this single game was a teetering point for our playoff chances. The analyst even said afterward our chance of playoffs had we won would of been 70% instead we are down at 40% riding a 2 game losing streak and facing a road game next week against a team that seems to be peaking. Nothing good came of this game, including the fact our best pass rusher is now injured.

Or maybe a better Oline Coach.. 5 sacks today, 11 last two games.. so now I believe we are on pace to break Bengals season record.. more than last year even with the improvements and healthy line than last year.. Sad

RE: What a painful loss - Tony - 12-12-2021

This is the worst lost of the season to me. They are what they are at this point... This loss killed any chance at the playoffs..  no way this team goes 3 -1 to get in..

RE: What a painful loss - BigPapaKain - 12-12-2021

(12-12-2021, 11:52 PM)Tony Wrote: This is the worst lost of the season to me. They are what they are at this point... This loss killed any chance at the playoffs..  no way this team goes 3 -1 to get in..

No way the Bengals sweep the Steelers or beat the holy hell out of Baltimore in Baltimore. 

No way the Bengals win more than 5 games this season.

No way Chase does anything worthwhile after all those preseason drops.

And on and on and on and on and on.

RE: What a painful loss - Sled21 - 12-12-2021

(12-12-2021, 11:52 PM)Tony Wrote: This is the worst lost of the season to me. They are what they are at this point... This loss killed any chance at the playoffs..  no way this team goes 3 -1 to get in..

You were the same guy who at halftime posted anyone that didn't think the game was over was not living in reality. And then the game was tied at the end of regulation....  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

RE: What a painful loss - TecmoBengals - 12-12-2021

(12-12-2021, 11:56 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: No way the Bengals sweep the Steelers or beat the holy hell out of Baltimore in Baltimore. 

No way the Bengals win more than 5 games this season.

No way Chase does anything worthwhile after all those preseason drops.

And on and on and on and on and on.

I mean, your point is taken but the dude also has 30+ of years of content he could extract from to counter you quoting him!  LMAO

RE: What a painful loss - GodFather - 12-12-2021

(12-12-2021, 11:38 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: The difference between the Chargers and Bengals is that the Chargers made upgrading the line a priority last offseason.  The Bengals made a halfhearted effort with bandaids and hoping injured guys would stay healthy.

I wonder where all those posters here are now that carried on how Carman was going to be big for us this year? And as usual...crickets from them..

RE: What a painful loss - BigPapaKain - 12-13-2021

(12-12-2021, 11:58 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I mean, your point is taken but the dude also has 30+ of years of content he could extract from to counter you quoting him!  LMAO

I guess that's true; I didn't even hear Mike Brown's name called all game.