Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Luke Fickell....What If? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Luke Fickell....What If? (/Thread-Luke-Fickell-What-If)

Pages: 1 2

Luke Fickell....What If? - JumboTron - 12-13-2021

I get it. It's 99.999% unlikely to happen, and I'm really not even saying I personally would want it to. I'm just curious as to your thoughts. Myself, I could potentially see Fickell being a coach like his best friend Mike Vrabel in the league. Now I know Vrabel brought with him a great amount of cache being not just a former NFL player but a multiple SB winner, as well as serving as an NFL DC for a season in Houston before heading to Nashville.

And while I also understand Fickell hasn't spent a single day in the NFL as a coach in any capacity, I could see him mesh will with the players and certainly go for "the kill" in games like the one we saw this evening as opposed to coaching timid and nervous down the stretch. If I had to chose right here and now though who I would want between Taylor and Fickell, it would be Luke.

What say you?

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - Joelist - 12-13-2021

Assuming Zac gets the boot the next HC MUST have actual NFL pedigree including postseason success.

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - Nicomo Cosca - 12-13-2021

No. Fickell should stay right where he is.

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - TheFan - 12-13-2021

I'm a UC fan and I would not like Fickell to be our coach. Anyone who is unhappy with our offense and slow starts needs to go watch UC if they think Fickell will improve those areas.

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - NATI BENGALS - 12-13-2021

Joe Brady as OC and I’m on board

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - jason - 12-13-2021

I guess Fickell's resume is more impressive than the last guy's we hired was... But... No way.

And Joe Brady is unemployed right now for a reason. The Panthers offense is atrocious this year.

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - Tony - 12-13-2021

No one will be wanting him after Alabama slams him by 40 points...

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - Murdock2420 - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 01:27 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Joe Brady as OC and I’m on board

Joe Brady showed he wasn't ready to leave the college ranks much like Urban and Saban in their failed attempts.

(12-13-2021, 02:58 AM)Tony Wrote: No one will be wanting him after Alabama slams him by 40 points...

Because no one wanted Brian Kelly or Lincoln Riley after their teams got blown out in the playoffs right? Rolleyes

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - TheLeonardLeap - 12-13-2021

Fickell needs to stay at UC, win the National Championship this year, take the team to the Big 12, and win another 2 setting up the UC dynasty. He is exactly where he needs to be.

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - Murdock2420 - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 03:21 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fickell needs to stay at UC, win the National Championship this year, take the team to the Big 12, and win another 2 setting up the UC dynasty. He is exactly where he needs to be.

I think the only job that possibly gets Fickell out of Cincinnati with the impending move to the Big 12 is if Ohio State came calling because Day gets an NFL gig. I know he was the interim coach there once, and they passed on him but I just have a feeling if they offered him the chance to go back to his alma mater and improve on the results from his interim time he'd really have to think about it. Outside of that, after all the openings this year like LSU, USC, Oklahoma and Notre Dame and him still being here, I can't see him going somewhere else.

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - guyofthetiger - 12-13-2021

Coaching the pro's is much different than college. In college, you can recruit your players. In the pro's, the front office decides the prima donnas on the team.

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - TKUHL - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 01:27 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Joe Brady as OC and I’m on board

This ^ should have happened the year we drafted Burrow.

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - TKUHL - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 03:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because no one wanted Brian Kelly or Lincoln Riley after their teams got blown out in the playoffs right? Rolleyes

Kelly dipped out on the team before the bowl game didn’t he?

(12-13-2021, 04:49 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Kelly dipped out on the team before the bowl game didn’t he?

Yes. I was merely pointing out how silly it is to suggest no one would want a coach just because he gets blown out in a playoff game. Kelly’s team lost 30-3 to Clemson a couple years ago. And they lost by 17 last year. Didn’t stop LSU from backing up the Brinks truck.

Even if UC gets destroyed by Alabama, Luke Fickell is going to remain one of the hottest names in coaching. One game won’t erase the fact that he’s the first coach to ever even get a G5 team there.

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - TecmoBengals - 12-13-2021

Fickell would be crazy to come to the Bengals. Being the first coach to get a G5 team to the final four is an historical accomplishment. College coaches are getting 10 year-90+ million dollar deals. Fickell is setting himself up to be one of those coaches. The Bengals don't pay well and are a subpar NFL franchise.

If Fickell has an account here, he's posting hell no some time later today.

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - jj22 - 12-13-2021

Coaching the Bengals would be a step down from his current position.

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - cincyfan429 - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 01:03 AM)Joelist Wrote: Assuming Zac gets the boot the next HC MUST have actual NFL pedigree including postseason success.

No pedigree HC will come to Cincinnati. Brown's a horrible owner, and an unlikeable  person, and no top notch coach will deal with that.

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - XenoMorph - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 04:46 AM)TKUHL Wrote: This ^ should have happened the year we drafted Burrow.

did you watch what happened in carolina?

RE: Luke Fickell....What If? - TheLeonardLeap - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 10:01 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fickell would be crazy to come to the Bengals. Being the first coach to get a G5 team to the final four is an historical accomplishment. College coaches are getting 10 year-90+ million dollar deals. Fickell is setting himself up to be one of those coaches. The Bengals don't pay well and are a subpar NFL franchise.

If Fickell has an account here, he's posting hell no some time later today.

Yeah, even if UC can't match the $90-100m deals being handed out, you figure that Big 12 boost and the playoffs boost should at least let them offer 10yr/$70m or something like that. That should be enough to keep him around, what with the reasonable cost of living of the area and Fickell's desire to not move his children all about.