Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Who Should be in the Top 4? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: All Other Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Other-Sports)
+--- Thread: Who Should be in the Top 4? (/Thread-Who-Should-be-in-the-Top-4)

Who Should be in the Top 4? - BengalHawk62 - 11-03-2015

My guess this week......

1.  Clemson (Wins against 7-1 Notre Dame, 5-3 Miami, and 5-3 NC State

2.  LSU       (Wins against 6-2 Miss State, 7-1 Florida, and 7-2 Western Kentucky)

3.  IOWA     (Wins against @ 7-2 Wisconsin, @ 6-2 Northwestern, and 6-2 Pittsburgh)

4. Alabama  (Wins against 6-2 Wisconsin, 6-2 Texas A&M, and 5-3 Georgia but a loss to Ole Miss)

5. Michigan St.  (Wins is over 6-2 Michigan and 5-3 Oregon)
6. Ohio State     (Wins is over 7-2 Penn State team)
7. Memphis       (wins against 6-2 Ole Miss)
8. TCU              (Wins is over 5-4 Texas Tech team)
9. Baylor           (Wins is over a 5-4 Texas Tech team)
10. Florida         (Wins against 7-2 Ole Miss and 5-3 Georgia but a loss against LSU)
11. Notre Dame  (Wins against 6-1 Navy, 5-3 USC, and 7-1 Temple but a loss to Clemson)
12. Okie State    (Wins over 5-4 Texas Tech)
13. Utah            (Wins against 6-2 Michigan, 5-3 Cal, and 5-3 Oregon but a loss to USC)
14. Stanford       (Wins against 6-2 UCLA, 5-3 USC, and 5-3 Washington State but a loss to Northwestern)
15. Florida State (win against 5-3 Miami but a loss to Georgia Tech)

Rankings are fluid and will change week to week

RE: Who Should be in the Top 4? - bengal_fan_in_toronto - 11-03-2015

1. Michigan

ha!

so tough this year to pick right now. but your suspects up there from 1-6 are all deserving of number 1 let alone the top 4-5. Florida's loss is to LSU team so i'd throw them in there.

speaking of LSU...that tailback is something else.

congrats on a great season for the hawkeyes so far this year.

RE: Who Should be in the Top 4? - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-05-2015

Clemson will remain number one.....unfortunately for this Seminoles fan. I just don't think we have the firepower.

RE: Who Should be in the Top 4? - BengalHawk62 - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 11:00 AM)Wyche Wrote: Clemson will remain number one.....unfortunately for this Seminoles fan.  I just don't think we have the firepower.

Really?  This is one game this weekend that I am definitely tuning in for.  I think its going to be one heck of a game.  Is Golston back?

RE: Who Should be in the Top 4? - QueenCitySouth - 11-10-2015

1. Clemson
2. Iowa
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma STate

RE: Who Should be in the Top 4? - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-11-2015

(11-05-2015, 01:58 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Really?  This is one game this weekend that I am definitely tuning in for.  I think its going to be one heck of a game.  Is Golston back?

Sorry....just saw this. As you know , Gholson didn't make it back and we lost.  It was a good game....but I feel the better team won.  I think they would've won regardless of the QB.

RE: Who Should be in the Top 4? - Millhouse - 11-12-2015

OSU is undefeated and defending National Champs. They are top four based on those two reasons combined. They lose one game though then I dont think they should make the top 4 in the end, unless other teams collapse.

The other 3 are Clemson, Alabama, and Notre Dame.

RE: Who Should be in the Top 4? - Goalpost - 11-12-2015

Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma St
Baylor

5th...Iowa

Omit Houston, also undefeated. To me, the committee should give more weight to being undefeated.
Alabama and ND 6th and 7th right now.

RE: Who Should be in the Top 4? - BengalHawk62 - 11-22-2015

1. Clemson

2. Iowa

3. Alabama

4. Notre Dame

RE: Who Should be in the Top 4? - fredtoast - 11-22-2015

(11-22-2015, 12:33 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: 1.  Clemson

2.  Iowa

3. Alabama

4.  Notre Dame

Iowa behind Clemson?

RE: Who Should be in the Top 4? - SHRacerX - 11-29-2015

(11-03-2015, 02:03 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: My guess this week......

1.  Clemson (Wins against 7-1 Notre Dame, 5-3 Miami, and 5-3 NC State

2.  LSU       (Wins against 6-2 Miss State, 7-1 Florida, and 7-2 Western Kentucky)

3.  IOWA     (Wins against @ 7-2 Wisconsin, @ 6-2 Northwestern, and 6-2 Pittsburgh)

4. Alabama  (Wins against 6-2 Wisconsin, 6-2 Texas A&M, and 5-3 Georgia but a loss to Ole Miss)

5. Michigan St.  (Wins is over 6-2 Michigan and 5-3 Oregon)
6. Ohio State     (Wins is over 7-2 Penn State team)
7. Memphis       (wins against 6-2 Ole Miss)
8. TCU              (Wins is over 5-4 Texas Tech team)
9. Baylor           (Wins is over a 5-4 Texas Tech team)
10. Florida         (Wins against 7-2 Ole Miss and 5-3 Georgia but a loss against LSU)
11. Notre Dame  (Wins against 6-1 Navy, 5-3 USC, and 7-1 Temple but a loss to Clemson)
12. Okie State    (Wins over 5-4 Texas Tech)
13. Utah            (Wins against 6-2 Michigan, 5-3 Cal, and 5-3 Oregon but a loss to USC)
14. Stanford       (Wins against 6-2 UCLA, 5-3 USC, and 5-3 Washington State but a loss to Northwestern)
15. Florida State (win against 5-3 Miami but a loss to Georgia Tech)

Rankings are fluid and will change week to week

Michigan State will bump Iowa, who has a weaker strength of schedule and less convincing wins.  It will make it easier to digest when MSU beats them in the Big 10 title game.  

I think OSU will sit at 6 and hope for a win against Bama or Clemson to work their way back in to the top 4.

Can you imagine a top 4 of Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, and Michigan State?  

I think it has a real chance.  Clemson will have real trouble with NC.  

RE: Who Should be in the Top 4? - cinci4life - 11-29-2015

(11-29-2015, 02:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Michigan State will bump Iowa, who has a weaker strength of schedule and less convincing wins.  It will make it easier to digest when MSU beats them in the Big 10 title game.  

I think OSU will sit at 6 and hope for a win against Bama or Clemson to work their way back in to the top 4.

Can you imagine a top 4 of Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, and Michigan State?  

I think it has a real chance.  Clemson will have real trouble with NC.  
Iowa is undefeated though so top 5 should stay the same with tOSU moving to 6. We know either Iowa/MSU will drop out so a Clemson and/or Bama loss would be needed. Also wouldn't hurt for Stanford to lose to USC to keep them from possibly leap frogging to the top 4.