Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? (/Thread-Power-Rankings-Where-Do-You-Have-the-Bengals-Ranked)

Pages: 1 2

Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - Science Friction - 01-04-2022

Now that we are nearing the postseason, where would you place the Bengals in your Power Rankings. I know it's hard for us Bengals' fans to be completely without bias when it comes to our beloved Orange & Black Stripes , but try your best to be objective. From the looks of most of the Power Rankings out there, the consensus seems to have the Bengals somewhere in the 6-9 range. Yahoo Sports has Cincy #3 , behind only the Packers and Chiefs.

Where do you have Zac T's AFCN Division Champs ???

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 03:59 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Now that we are nearing the postseason, where would you place the Bengals in your Power Rankings.  I know it's hard for us Bengals' fans to be completely without bias when it comes to our beloved Orange & Black Stripes ,  but try your best to be objective.   From the looks of most of the Power Rankings out there, the consensus seems to have the Bengals somewhere in the 6-9 range.  Yahoo Sports has Cincy #3 , behind only the Packers and Chiefs.  

Where do you have Zac T's  AFCN Division Champs ???

I'm gonna say....7th. Teams we're close but no cigar: KC (even though we just won), GB, TB, TN (with Henry),AZ, I think we're a toss up with IND, NE, BUF, and better than what's left.

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - No-huddle Joe - 01-04-2022

I agree with Wyche. If our O-line was better, I think we could be up there a bit higher. We still haven't won a playoff game either. Hopefully that will change in a couple weeks. I would like to see the running game get a bit better to take the pressure off of Burrow have to drop back and throw so much.

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 07:56 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: I agree with Wyche.  If our O-line was better, I think we could be up there a bit higher.  We still haven't won a playoff game either.  Hopefully that will change in a couple weeks.  I would like to see the running game get a bit better to take the pressure off of Burrow have to drop back and throw so much.

Exactly the points that led to my ranking. Joe

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - Interceptor - 01-04-2022

Ja'Marr's jersey says it all for me. Forget the stats. Post-season is all about elimination. Shit can and will happen.

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-04-2022

The NFL has been pretty odd this year. Tons of parity from top to bottom, so there are few true elite teams…maybe really only Green Bay and (although they just Burrowed) Kansas City. You also have to factor in how hot they are, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have them in the top 5. Who is better? MAYBE the Titans, Rams, and Cowboys?

What really matters though? They’re number 1 in the power rankings of my heart.

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - Science Friction - 01-04-2022

I think this season, maybe more than any in recent memory, there isn't a wide gap between the top teams in the conference. Everyone seems to have some flaws and no real dominant teams. I'm okay with the Bengals being in that 6-8 range but they have probably the hottest QB in the league and an incredible group of skill players on offense. They are definitely on the rise at the right time of the season.

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - MasonDT70 - 01-04-2022

I'd say GB and KC should be ranked higher for sure. But after that, it's a toss up. None of the other teams really stand out in a big way.

Bucs have been injured, stafford has been up and down recently, cards have struggled as of late, NE dominates lesser teams and Mac Jones has been a solid game manager, Bill's can be dangerous at times but like the Bengals aren't consistent and chargers much the same as the bills and Bengals. Colts and titans(assuming Henry is back and healthy) if you can shut down their run game don't scare me. Cowboys as well I feel have really beaten up on lesser opponents for theost part. Eagles and 49ers are just ok.

Bengals could be anywhere from the 3rd best to 10th

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - pally - 01-04-2022

I had them 7th or 8th.

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 01:48 PM)pally Wrote: I had them 7th or 8th.

Agreed. 

Packers, Bucs, and Chiefs would be tops for me.  

Bills, Titans, and Rams next.  

I'd put us in the next Tier with the Cardinals, Chargers, Cowboys, & Pats.  

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - motoarch - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 06:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm gonna say....7th. Teams we're close but no cigar: KC (even though we just won), GB, TB, TN (with Henry),AZ, I think we're a toss up with IND, NE, BUF, and better than what's left.

This seems more or less right.  Id trow the Rams in there somewhere.

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - RunKijanaRun - 01-04-2022

Higher than our system of numerals will allow. Try it in base 100.

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - XenoMorph - 01-04-2022

Top 8 Right now.. where all division winners should be

(01-04-2022, 02:36 PM)motoarch Wrote: This seems more or less right.  Id trow the Rams in there somewhere.

Yes, error on my part.... should've added them in with AZ.

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - Big Boss - 01-04-2022

The Bengals won 6/16 games by 2+ scores (37.5%)
The Bengals won 4/16 games by 1 score (25%)
The Bengals lost 4/16 games by 1 score (25%)
The Bengals lost 2/16 games by 2+ scores (12.5%)

The team has been competitive in 14 games. Usually within a field goal. And that's with Burrow having thrown 14 INTs and having been sacked 50 times on the year.

Minimize turnovers on offense and this team can hang with anybody.

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - bengalfan74 - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 01:34 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I'd say GB and KC should be ranked higher for sure. But after that, it's a toss up. None of the other teams really stand out in a big way.

Bucs have been injured, stafford has been up and down recently, cards have struggled as of late, NE dominates lesser teams and Mac Jones has been a solid game manager, Bill's can be dangerous at times but like the Bengals aren't consistent and chargers much the same as the bills and Bengals. Colts and titans(assuming Henry is back and healthy) if you can shut down their run game don't scare me. Cowboys as well I feel have really beaten up on lesser opponents for theost part. Eagles and 49ers are just ok.

Bengals could be anywhere from the 3rd best to 10th

Agree

The only teams to show any consistency are GB and KC. After that it's just a hot mess. You could have Cincinnati anywhere from 3rd to 9th or something and wouldn't be wrong.

I'd probably put them about 5-6 range.

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - MasonDT70 - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 03:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

The only teams to show any consistency are GB and KC. After that it's just a hot mess. You could have Cincinnati anywhere from 3rd to 9th or something and wouldn't be wrong.

I'd probably put them about 5-6 range.

I think I'd put them in that range too. Hopefully they'll be number 1 come February 

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - UKWhoDey - 01-04-2022

I'd rather play Buffalo than New England right now. Maybe I'm crazy. Tennessee felt like the best team in the AFC most of the season, and with DH coming back it's hard to pick against then. But they had a couple of wtf gamed just like we did ie both lost to the shatty arse Jets.

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 06:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm gonna say....7th. Teams we're close but no cigar: KC (even though we just won), GB, TB, TN (with Henry),AZ, I think we're a toss up with IND, NE, BUF, and better than what's left.

What Wyche said, I have us right around 7th which is awesome. 

RE: Power Rankings... Where Do You Have the Bengals Ranked? - TecmoBengals - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What Wyche said, I have us right around 7th which is awesome. 

Considering some of us thought they were losing 10+ games, being a ranked and playoff team is sweet.