Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Home field or bust - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Home field or bust (/Thread-Home-field-or-bust)

Home field or bust - Utts - 11-03-2015

Here's the deal... If the Bengals want to go to SB 50, they need to get home field advantage for the playoffs. If they do, in my opinion there'a 50-50 shot at them getting there. If they have to travel for the AFC Championship, it will probably be @ Denver or NE - in which case I'd give them a 20% shot at going.

RE: Home field or bust - Awful Llama - 11-03-2015

Agreed. Can't visualize this team, or Denver, Pittsburgh or Indy for that matter, going into Gillette in January and walking out with a win. That first seed would be real nice, but I wonder if it will take a 14-2 record to get it.

RE: Home field or bust - Daddy-O - 11-03-2015

To get a #1 seed they'd probably have to run the table. I just don't see that happening. I'd be ecstatic with a #2 seed and take our chances on the road in a one game, winner take all chance at the SB.

RE: Home field or bust - WhoDeyWho - 11-03-2015

We have as good a chance as any at this point to get the #1 seed. That should definitely be the goal.

RE: Home field or bust - Baby Hawk - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 10:18 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: We have as good a chance as any at this point to get the #1 seed.  That should definitely be the goal.

Exactly!   Who Dey   Who Dey   Who Dey

RE: Home field or bust - Brownshoe - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 10:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Agreed.  Can't visualize this team, or Denver, Pittsburgh or Indy for that matter, going into Gillette in January and walking out with a win.  That first seed would be real nice, but I wonder if it will take a 14-2 record to get it.

Probably a 16-0 or 15-1 to get the first seed.

RE: Home field or bust - bonesaw - 11-03-2015

I hope we get the 1 seed and Pats have to come to the Jungle for some "On to Cincinnati" revenge

RE: Home field or bust - Utts - 11-03-2015

I think Patriots wind up 14-2. We have a legit shot going 14-2. If we get past Arizona undefeated, I guarantee it. So then it would be tiebreakers, and I don't know what that looks like. Best conference record as first?

RE: Home field or bust - Slappy from New Haven - 11-03-2015

I like all the speculation but I can't think past ***** slapping the Stains this week

RE: Home field or bust - cinci4life - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 11:01 PM)Utts Wrote: I think Patriots wind up 14-2. We have a legit shot going 14-2. If we get past Arizona undefeated, I guarantee it. So then it would be tiebreakers, and I don't know what that looks like. Best conference record as first?

I believe head to head is first if applicable then best conference record then best record against common opponents and so on.

RE: Home field or bust - jason - 11-03-2015

I don't like our chances vs NE at home, away, or neutral field.  That quick passing game will chew our D up. Our front 4 won't have time to get to Brady.   We need somebody else to upset them.  Our chances improve if Gronk can't play for some reason or other (like in 2013), but even then.... Dion Lewis and Edleman are scary.

RE: Home field or bust - Go Cards - 11-04-2015

Would love to see a AFC Championship game at PBS.

Especially one where the Bengals won and advanced to SB.

RE: Home field or bust - TSwigZ - 11-04-2015

Hopefully Brady goes missing sometime soon he's only thing that'll stand in our way of a super bowl

RE: Home field or bust - knc42 - 11-04-2015

I wonder how Manning would do in a "Freezer Bowl" game in Cincinnati?

RE: Home field or bust - Daddy-O - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 10:07 AM)knc42 Wrote: I wonder how Manning would do in a "Freezer Bowl" game in Cincinnati?

It'd be painful to watch (but not really).  One hit and he might crumble into a thousand little pieces and fall to the ground.

Talk about a best possible scenario...

RE: Home field or bust - CincyProduct - 11-04-2015

these scenerios are awesome, but i remember preseason people were clamoring about 8-8 maybe 9-7 at best with this team because of the schedule. with all that being said i believe 12-4 is a good place with 13-3 being the lock for first round bye.

RE: Home field or bust - corpjet - 11-04-2015

I agree with this 100%, obviously our goal is to win every game but not having to go to Gillette or back to Denver in January will be huge for this team.

One game at a time but we need to win at least 14 to get us in the discussion for all playoff games at home.