Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Broncos request Interview with Callahan - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Broncos request Interview with Callahan (/Thread-Broncos-request-Interview-with-Callahan)

Pages: 1 2 3

Broncos request Interview with Callahan - pally - 01-11-2022

per Denver Post beat writer, the Broncos have requested an interview with OC Brian Callahan. He has a 5 year history with the organization

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - BengalYankee - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 08:58 PM)pally Wrote: per Denver Post beat writer, the Broncos have requested an interview with OC Brian Callahan.  He has a 5 year history with the organization

[Image: 3709b27c7b286299baa77ea62836e472.jpg]

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - M.W. - 01-11-2022

Wait, I thought Zac called the plays.... In all seriousness , does he not?

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 09:02 PM)M.W. Wrote: Wait, I thought Zac called the plays.... In all seriousness , does he not?

Yes he does, where does it say that he doesn't?

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - M.W. - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 09:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yes he does, where does it say that he doesn't?

Not sure why other teams would contribute the Bengals offense success to Brian.

Now I do believe Marvin had his OCs calling plays. That would be different.

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - Bengalholic - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 09:02 PM)M.W. Wrote: Wait, I thought Zac called the plays.... In all seriousness , does he not?

Zac decides the ultimate play calls, but also gets constant input from Callahan in the booth.

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - Gdale_Bengal - 01-11-2022

I don’t see why they would deny it. If that’s Callahans goal then let him take the leap

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-11-2022

Good for him. Tell them to wait until February 14th though…he’ll be busy until then.

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - TecmoBengals - 01-11-2022

I don't mind him interviewing elsewhere since taking a good opportunity is part of life, but I hope it can wait until after we win the Super Bowl. Let the Zac Taylor coaching tree commence later in February.

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - MileHighGrowler - 01-11-2022

Good for Callahan to garner interest. But I'd stay away from this one unless he wants to take a turn on the dysfunctional carousel in Denver and be looking for another job in 2 years.

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - BFritz21 - 01-11-2022

With Burrow, Mixon, and our other weapons, we shouldn't have any troubles attracting good coaches, especially after the media and a lot of the country jumps on the bandwagon after a few playoff wins!

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - Awful Llama - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 09:11 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I don't mind him interviewing elsewhere since taking a good opportunity is part of life, but I hope it can wait until after we win the Super Bowl. Let the Zac Taylor coaching tree commence later in February.

(Quickly begins looking up biblical signs of the end-times)

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - NATI BENGALS - 01-11-2022

The guy probably came out of the womb knowing more about football than I will ever know. And he has the charisma (monotonous dullard) of Belicheat and Saban. He may be a good one.

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - Synric - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 09:05 PM)M.W. Wrote: Not sure why other teams would contribute the Bengals offense success to Brian.

A big part to the Offensive Success in 2022 has how they have adjusted to what the defenses are doing and a huge part of that is due to Brian Callahan. The guy radioing the plays into the huddle is actually a much smaller part of calling a game that fans realize.

My big concern for hiring Callahan is can he build a staff quickly in year 1 because the Broncos organization is in a I want it now situation.

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - pally - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 09:05 PM)M.W. Wrote: Not sure why other teams would contribute to the Bengals offense success to Brian.

He is very involved in setting the overall offensive game plan, running meetings, running offensive practices, etc.  In other words, doing everything every other OC does except making the final call on which play to call.  Zac has said that Brian is constantly in his ear while the offense is on the field so it is not like he is totally removed from the play calling.

Hiring a head coach is more about who he will hire, how he will manage the team, how will he build the team than it is about the play calling.  Denver is casting a wide net and talking to a lot of people

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - michaelsean - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 09:26 PM)Synric Wrote: A big part to the Offensive Success in 2022 has how they have adjusted to what the defenses are doing and a huge part of that is due to Brian Callahan. The guy radioing the plays into the huddle is actually a much smaller part of calling a game that fans realize.

My big concern for hiring Callahan is can he build a staff quickly in year 1 because the Broncos organization is in a I want it now situation.

Win it with who? They’re the fourth best team in the division, and they don’t have a legit QB. Maybe they plan on making a run at one of the vets.

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - Nicomo Cosca - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 09:14 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Good for Callahan to garner interest. But I'd stay away from this one unless he wants to take a turn on the dysfunctional carousel in Denver and be looking for another job in 2 years.

Pretty much.

They haven’t had QB since Peyton. And there’s not really any sure-fire franchise guy’s in this draft.

Now if they could land Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson…

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - J24 - 01-11-2022

Good for Callahan!

Broncos request Interview with Callahan - CJD - 01-11-2022

So, I never thought I'd say this, but it's times like this that I'm grateful our HC is essentially the OC from an offense install and playcalling standpoint.

With Marvin, every time we had a good offensive year and our OC got head coach interviews/ jobs (Gruden and Jackson) the first thing that went through my head was "is this going to ruin the rhythm of our offense and upend our progress?"

But with Taylor, I don't have that question. While I'm sure Callahan contributes to our offensive success, it feels a lot less "offense altering" for him to leave than previous OCs leaving.

I am glad we have an offensive minded head coach. I think defensive minded head coaches are at a huge disadvantage because any time their offense works well, they risk having to start over from scratch with a new coordinator.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

RE: Broncos request Interview with Callahan - MileHighGrowler - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty much.

They haven’t had QB since Peyton. And there’s not really any sure-fire franchise guy’s in this draft.

Now if they could land Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson…

I think they've chased QBs for too long.  They've neglected a lot of the rest of the team as a result of this chase to find their savior at QB.  Elway remains a folk hero here, but I think he's the problem.  He doesn't let players or coaches ever get established.  A few years ago people were still getting excited about the moves.  The air has really been let out of the fan base from what it was when I moved here 6 years ago.  2018 was the only season in the last 7 they've started the same QB the full season.  It's insane.  They've drafted 4 of the 10 QBs in those 7 years.  That's Cleveland Browns level ineptitude.  They got lucky with Peyton or their span of bad seasons would be worse.  

Callahan is really interesting.  I think there's still some debate/confusion on what exactly he controls vs what Zac controls.  I wonder what difference it would make to the Bengals being without him.  But Callahan has family connections, appears to be bright and presents himself well and has history in Denver that would make it interesting.  I'd imagine his family connections have gotten him better relationships in the league, which ZT struggled with being so inexperienced when he came to Cincinnati, so building his coaching team should be less of a struggle.  

The big issue is his timing, since he won't be available until after the SB  Smirk