Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
For those of you worried about Thursday... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: For those of you worried about Thursday... (/Thread-For-those-of-you-worried-about-Thursday)

Pages: 1 2

For those of you worried about Thursday... - clevelandsdad - 11-04-2015

Just take a quick look...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000443697/Week-15-Bengals-vs-Browns-highlights

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - tigershrimp - 11-04-2015

For those of you worried about Thursday....

Your meds
[Image: th?id=OIP.M77aa22dd81a7ad218440fa08ecae5...=274&h=183]

Take them.

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - CKwi88 - 11-04-2015

Because based on our last home game against the Browns on Thursday night we really lit it up when we had the better team. Ninja

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - XenoMorph - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 12:05 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Because based on our last home game against the Browns on Thursday night we really lit it up when we had the better team. Ninja

did we have the better team then? i seem to remember a lot of players being out

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - clevelandsdad - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 12:05 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Because based on our last home game against the Browns on Thursday night we really lit it up when we had the better team. Ninja

Ah, but did Manziel play then? I think not.

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - Go Cards - 11-04-2015

Always going to sweat this one until it is over.

Will point to just last years game as evidence to back this theory up in validity.

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - McC - 11-04-2015

So many things are different now, though.

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - CKwi88 - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 01:20 PM)McC Wrote: So many things are different now, though.

The Browns could say the same. 

My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but it's still applicable. In each game last year one team looked like crap. It's a new year, but it's still a tough divisional game. I sure feel better knowing Manziel is back there though, and I felt good about the game to begin with. 

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-04-2015

We need to look back to last years Thursday night game once again like we did that last game, that is for sure.

I have never seen 2 complete opposite results from 2 games, the same year. But there were a lot of different factors
between the 2 games as well and the weather was a major factor. What is the weather going to be like tomorrow BTW?

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - TSwigZ - 11-04-2015

If we lose this I might have to quit my job and not show my face for a long time. The worst part about living in Cleveland area is dealing with ignorant Browns fans that'll team up on you and talk mass shit to the point u can't really have a comeback bc you're so outnumbered they laugh everything off. Another 30-0 blowout will shut them the f up tho

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - Baby Hawk - 11-04-2015

I know I'm not supposed to read this thread because I'm not worried about tomorrow's game.  

I'll be there, and I'm as excited as I can be!

Who Dey Happy Who Dey Happy Who Dey

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - BengalFanInNJ - 11-04-2015

I'm worried. Browns may do a lot of "uncharacteristic" type things that the Bengals may not be prepared for. Manziel won't be as bad as he was last year. Bengals SHOULD win big. This game will be close. Just win it, get out of it healthy and enjoy a few days off afterward.

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - gobobro - 11-04-2015

The people who aren't worried about any given game seem to be the ones who throw psychotic fits in gameday threads (in general. I haven't been here long enough enough to know anyone here). Watching an awful team beat a superior team is what Bengals fans pinned their hopes to in the 90's. I just can't forget that it happens now that we're the superior team.

Ultimately, I think we win this game. I just hold caution that anything can happen on a short week, against a division rival.

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - BengalHawk62 - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 01:50 PM)gobobro Wrote: The people who aren't worried about any given game seem to be the ones who throw psychotic fits in gameday threads (in general. I haven't been here long enough enough to know anyone here). Watching an awful team beat a superior team is what Bengals fans pinned their hopes to in the 90's. I just can't forget that it happens now that we're the superior team.

Ultimately, I think we win this game. I just hold caution that anything can happen on a short week, against a division rival.

This is how I feel too.  Its going to be a hard hitting game that is going to come down to "who wants its more" in the end. 

(11-04-2015, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We need to look back to last years Thursday night game once again like we did that last game, that is for sure.

I have never seen 2 complete opposite results from 2 games, the same year. But there were a lot of different factors
between the 2 games as well and the weather was a major factor. What is the weather going to be like tomorrow BTW?

Temp in the 60's. wind less than 10 mph, slight chance of a shower, more likely after the game is over.  Weather should not be a factor.

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - CJD - 11-04-2015

I've never been a fan of Thursday games and I think this is a trap game, for sure.

But I think the Bengals will overcome the trappiness and win, albeit by a relatively slim margin.

I saw a lot of 31-3 predictions and the like in the prediction thread. I am glad there's a lot of confidence in the fan base right now, but I think we get out of this game with a 4 to 7 point victory.

That said, Manziel is a wild card that could make the game an upset, or a blow out. He's stupidly unpredictable.

(11-04-2015, 01:23 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: The Browns could say the same. 

My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but it's still applicable. In each game last year one team looked like crap. It's a new year, but it's still a tough divisional game. I sure feel better knowing Manziel is back there though, and I felt good about the game to begin with. 

Yes, but for them, the different is way worse and for us, the different is way better.   A fast start for us would do wonders for knocking the fight out of them.  

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - Sled21 - 11-04-2015

Given the talent differences between the teams, and the fact the Browns have at least 4 starters out with concussions and they are playing Johnny Midget, who can't see over our D-line, the Bengals should run away with it. That said, anyone who thinks a Division Game cannot be a complete upset has never watched Division games. There are Division upsets all the time in the NFL........

(11-04-2015, 01:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I've never been a fan of Thursday games and I think this is a trap game, for sure.

But I think the Bengals will overcome the trappiness and win, albeit by a relatively slim margin.

I saw a lot of 31-3 predictions and the like in the prediction thread. I am glad there's a lot of confidence in the fan base right now, but I think we get out of this game with a 4 to 7 point victory.

That said, Manziel is a wild card that could make the game an upset, or a blow out. He's stupidly unpredictable.

Yes, but the one predictable thing about him is that he is not very good. 

Their defensive backfield is decimated and so is their receiver corps(never knew concussions were contagious).

They may or may not have the want to but, either way, it seems unlikely they'll have the ability to.

RE: For those of you worried about Thursday... - jj22 - 11-04-2015

We've lost 3 out of the last 5 to the Browns even though we've gone to the playoffs in each of those seasons and they've had a top 10 draft pick. Records or perceived weakness of the Browns teams have proven unwarranted. The games against them are never easy, and we're likely to split with them rather than sweep them. It's almost certain.