Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] (/Thread-The-Book-of-Boba-Fett-Spoiler-Thread-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 01-14-2022

Won’t post any spoilers in this OP just to protect anyone that accidentally clicks on the thread, but has anyone been watching the Book of Boba Fett and the Mandolorian on Disney+ and interested in the upcoming shows?

Feel free to discuss anything below

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 01-14-2022

********Spoilers Beware past this point************

I thought episode 3 was the best one yet. I am really enjoying the world building that Mando and Boba Fett has provided for the Star Wars universe outside of just the cool big moments. (I also think this world building focus early on might turn off the casual Star Wars fan)

Anyone familiar with the comic work and Black Krrsantan? I’ve read up on the characters, but haven’t actually read the extended universe stuff. I want to see 0-0-0 and possibly Doctor Aphra that’s related to that character.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - TecmoBengals - 01-14-2022

I've watched both shows and agree, the third episode of The Book of Boba Fett was the best yet with the action and moving the plot forward. How long until we see Boba riding the rancor?!

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 01-14-2022

(01-14-2022, 10:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've watched both shows and agree, the third episode of The Book of Boba Fett was the best yet with the action and moving the plot forward. How long until we see Boba riding the rancor?!

I got the impression that rancor trainer and the rancor were going to try and kill Boba?

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - TecmoBengals - 01-14-2022

(01-14-2022, 10:39 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I got the impression that rancor trainer and the rancor were going to try and kill Boba?

My son said that as well! I took it at face value that the trainer was just trying to tell the rancor that his new buddy, Boba will be back. Guess we'll see. I didn't think any signs of betrayal were in the works. Perhaps you and my kid are correct.

(01-14-2022, 10:53 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: My son said that as well! I took it at face value that the trainer was just trying to tell the rancor that his new buddy, Boba will be back. Guess we'll see. I didn't think any signs of betrayal were in the works. Perhaps you and my kid are correct.

It wouldn’t surprise me I mean it’s not like boba hired him, it’s someone the twins knew.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - Nicomo Cosca - 01-14-2022

Boba Fett is a little too wholesome in this for my liking. They’ve pretty much turned him into the bounty hunter/crime lord with a heart of gold.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 01-15-2022

(01-14-2022, 09:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boba Fett is a little too wholesome in this for my liking. They’ve pretty much turned him into the bounty hunter/crime lord with a heart of gold.

I agree I would have thought him to be much more of an asshole considering the original Fett and the fact that he had to have built up a lot of hate when his father was killed.

However they have somewhat explained this through the story telling. I can imagine almost getting slowly digested for a thousand years can certainly give someone a different perspective. Never mind his time with the sand people which is what I think has truly given him this face turn. I’m seeing it as he’s wanting to try to fix how shitty Tattooine is after seeing the plight of what would become his new family and them getting killed over the shit that goes on in that planet.

Mind you current day Boba Fett the crime lord is at least 5 years if not longer since he climbed out of the Sarlac Pit.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - TecmoBengals - 01-15-2022

(01-14-2022, 09:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boba Fett is a little too wholesome in this for my liking. They’ve pretty much turned him into the bounty hunter/crime lord with a heart of gold.

Good take and I agree. He also comes off as losing a step during fights for plot purposes which is lame. He's more badass than they show.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - CKwi88 - 01-15-2022

Ca t say I've watched much of The Mandalorian or Book of Boba Fett, but I can't wait for the Obi-Wan show. Hopefully they do McGregor and Christensen some overdue justice. If the sentiment Im hearing about the other series is any indication, I'm sure it will.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - jfkbengals - 01-15-2022

I'm digging the story of his time with the Tuuskens and how he has grown from it. And it has been interesting to see the Pikes make their way to live actions. While I was definitely digging the 3rd episode, the "chase" scene at the end kind of killed it for me. I can look past the absolutely horrible special effects (which was mind blowing considering the high level of effects that they have used in other parts of the show), but the concept of the teenage street punks on their pastel vespas being his muscle just ruined the whole episode for me. Hopefully chapter 4 redeems things.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - samhain - 01-19-2022

I now have the Rona and binge watched this today. I like the high volume of creatures in this show. if you were a fan of Mos Eisley or Jabba's palace from the originals, then this has it all.

I do agree about the nerfing of Boba into a teddy bear crime lord. it's a bit much.

My favorite part of it is probably the terrifying wookie bounty hunter. He's a badass.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - Nicomo Cosca - 01-21-2022

Episode 4 was much better. Boba Fett flying around in the Slave 1 taking fools out. That’s the type of stuff I want to see.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - Clark W Griswold - 01-25-2022

I am I big SW fan and love the Mandalorian but I am not loving the Book of Boba. It just seems too corny even for Star Wars and compared to the Mandalorian. Those teen/robots on those weird bikes and the dancing with the Sand People all seems very cheesy to me.

I do like the Hutt twins and the new Wookiee - overall I think it’s just OK but a huge step down from the Mandalorian.

The Obi Won show might be OK but I dread seeing more of Hayden Christensen as Anakin/Vader. He was terrible in the prequels. Maybe they will go more in depth on Obi Won and show why he became the biggest lying piece of trash in the galaxy.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - jason - 01-25-2022

(01-14-2022, 09:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boba Fett is a little too wholesome in this for my liking. They’ve pretty much turned him into the bounty hunter/crime lord with a heart of gold.

I can see that... But Boba Fett was on screen for a total of 6 minutes in the original trilogy, and said very little. Anything related to his character has been pretty much dreamed up by whoever is interpreting him.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - Nicomo Cosca - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 08:25 PM)jason Wrote: I can see that... But Boba Fett was on screen for a total of 6 minutes in the original trilogy, and said very little. Anything related to his character has been pretty much dreamed up by whoever is interpreting him.

“No disintegrations” is pretty easy to interpret… Tongue

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - jfkbengals - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 08:25 PM)jason Wrote: I can see that... But Boba Fett was on screen for a total of 6 minutes in the original trilogy, and said very little. Anything related to his character has been pretty much dreamed up by whoever is interpreting him.

You forget about his debut in The Faithful Wookie.

And Lucas was a fan all of the tales from his youth in The Clone Wars, written by Dave Filoni, who also has a hand in both this and The Mandalorian.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 07:48 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I am I big SW fan and love the Mandalorian but I am not loving the Book of Boba. It just seems too corny even for Star Wars and compared to the Mandalorian. Those teen/robots on those weird bikes and the dancing with the Sand People all seems very cheesy to me.

I do like the Hutt twins and the new Wookiee - overall I think it’s just OK but a huge step down from the Mandalorian.

The Obi Won show might be OK but I dread seeing more of Hayden Christensen as Anakin/Vader. He was terrible in the prequels. Maybe they will go more in depth on Obi Won and show why he became the biggest lying piece of trash in the galaxy.

I don’t mind the robot street kids that much. They’re not exactly cool, but I’m neutral on the characters themselves. It’s just those bright ass space vespas they drive around doesn’t make sense to the story and lore of the planet and characters. They can’t afford water to the point of stealing it but they have these brand new bikes? I feel like just about any vehicle on tattooine should be dusty and rusty. Fits the whole feel of the planet.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - Clark W Griswold - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 10:38 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I don’t mind the robot street kids that much. They’re not exactly cool, but I’m neutral on the characters themselves. It’s just those bright ass space vespas they drive around doesn’t make sense to the story and lore of the planet and characters. They can’t afford water to the point of stealing it but they have these brand new bikes? I feel like just about any vehicle on tattooine should be dusty and rusty. Fits the whole feel of the planet.

You are right. I think that is what bothers me the most about them. Just doesnt fit with that planet.

RE: The Book of Boba Fett [Spoiler Thread Discussion] - TecmoBengals - 01-26-2022

(01-21-2022, 09:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Episode 4 was much better. Boba Fett flying around in the Slave 1 taking fools out. That’s the type of stuff I want to see.

Oh yes, that was the Boba Fett fans dreamed-up when seeing him all bad ass in Empire Strikes Back. I like how Fennec gave him a simple nod of approval.