Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Titans limiting ticket transfers - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Titans limiting ticket transfers (/Thread-Titans-limiting-ticket-transfers)

Pages: 1 2 3

Titans limiting ticket transfers - wcu - 01-20-2022

The Titans are limiting the window during which digital tickets can be transferred because they're worried about too many Bengals fans in the stands. I wanted to make sure everyone sees this so that no one gets screwed over.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/tennessee-titans-change-ticket-transfer-rules-to-hopefully-limit-the-number-of-bengals-fans

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — If you ask Tennessee Titans fans, it doesn't really matter how you cheer or what you wear to a game.

"Tennessee underwear, Tennessee Titans socks, Tennessee Titans shoes," said Twain Gaines, a longtime Titans fan.

That is — as long as the colors are two tone blue.

"Every game we are just inundated with so many other fans and I think Nashville is a big draw but we really need the Titans fans to be loud and be proud and we should be," said Terri Hood, a Titans season ticket holder for the last ten years.

But with the Cincinnati Bengals coming to town, fresh off their first playoff win since the year smoking was banned on planes (1990 for those keeping score at home) there's worry there may be too much orange in the stands.

"They don’t need to sell no tickets to nobody but the Titans — let us get up in there," said Gaines.

The Titans can't just ban the Bengals, but there is something else they can do.

"We want Nissan Stadium to be two tone blue. And so by limiting this transfer window, it also limits the number of visiting team fans that we’ll have in the stadium," said Brooke Ellenberger, Vice President of Ticketing for the Titans.

After tickets are purchased, either directly from the Titans or through approved NFL sites, they can't be transferred to someone else until 24 hours before kickoff. The earliest that could happen this weekend is Friday at 3:30 p.m. The hope is, that will be enough to prevent certain fans from a certain Ohio city from hitting the road.

"By limiting that transfer time would limit some of the resale and some of that transfer activity that would happen in advance," said Ellenberger.

We'll see if this stiff arm approach works as well as it does for King Henry. Either way, for these fans, these colors don't run.

"I hope it do work but even if it don’t it ain’t gonna stop us from winning," said Gaines.

"I do feel like we make a difference," said Hood.

Now, that hold on transfers doesn't apply if you buy tickets from websites like Ticketmaster, StubHub or Seat Geek. Those are official NFL partner organizations. If you buy a ticket from one of these sites, you will get your ticket at purchase.

However, if you then want to turn around and transfer it to someone else, the 24 hour rule comes back into play. The Titans warn that tickets bought from any other site may not be as heavily protected to scams because they aren't verified by the NFL.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-20-2022

Desperation. They know what’s coming.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - StoneTheCrow - 01-20-2022

Won’t stop me. Call the cops, BUT NOT FOR ME

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - Murdock2420 - 01-20-2022

If this works, I hope the Bengals do it for the steelers game. Keeping the filthy yinzers out would be the best upgrade to PBS possible.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - rfaulk34 - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 12:32 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote:

Desperation. They know what’s coming.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - guyofthetiger - 01-20-2022

Well, I guess Nashville is worried a lot of Cincinnati fans might come to town. I watch the Cubs fans come in flocks to Reds games and I'm glad they are spending their money in Hamilton county so we can upgrade the stadiums.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - Go Cards - 01-20-2022

Wow !

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - Tiger Teeth - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 12:32 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Desperation. They know what’s coming.

Holy Moses!  JC is back!

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - PlayadLc - 01-20-2022

We are going to have boatloads of fans there.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - magikod - 01-20-2022

Sounds like the Titans are scared of the Bengals...

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - Roland - 01-20-2022

Still plenty of seats left on the NFL/Ticketmaster site. So how does this prevent Bengals fans from getting tickets? It doesn't. It just ensures that as many tickets as possible are sold or resold through the NFL's site rather than being resold through other channels.

I think they're just spinning this tale as an excuse because it screws ticket holders who got extra seats planning to resell them.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - Sled21 - 01-20-2022

The idea might work if they were playing a West Coast team where people have to buy airline tickets, rent hotels, etc., and don't want to risk doing all that and finding out 20 hours before the game they don't have tickets. I would assume most people from the "Nati would just drive to Nashville, so the risk is not as great. Book a refundable hotel room and no worries.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - jason - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 12:32 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Desperation. They know what’s coming.

They scared...

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - Interceptor - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 09:23 AM)jason Wrote: They scared...

Yes, the fear is obvious. Squeezing every inch of advantage they can get. The only thing they can't stop is the scoreboard.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - Bengalpool - 01-20-2022

Never heard or seen this from a franchise before. They're scared no doubt. It's actually cute that we're living rent free in their heads. So free, that they resort to this pathetic sh*t.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - michaelsean - 01-20-2022

Wow. When I was a season ticket holder we were constantly inundated with fans of other teams. Didn’t turn all 12 year old girl about it.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - basballguy - 01-20-2022

I just don’t see the logic behind thinking this would work. How would this deter anyone? If I bought directly from a season ticket holder odds are they are selling through a reputable method…so what if I have to wait a few more days to have the mobile ticket in my app?

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - WeezyBengal - 01-20-2022

Titans fans are such *****. They don't give a shit about their team.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - WeezyBengal - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 10:49 AM)basballguy Wrote: I just don’t see the logic behind thinking this would work.  How would this deter anyone?  If I bought directly from a season ticket holder odds are they are selling through a reputable method…so what if I have to wait a few more days to have the mobile ticket in my app?

I think it's more for the resale. If you limit the ticket transfer up until 24 hours until game time, you have less of a window to resell the ticket.

RE: Titans limiting ticket transfers - wcu - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 10:06 AM)Takedown Wrote: Never heard or seen this from a franchise before. They're scared no doubt. It's actually cute that we're living rent free in their heads. So free, that they resort to this pathetic sh*t.

I think this is the great part. This was obviously a measured approach, meaning their upper management had a hand in this. Their internal numbers must say they're in trouble.