Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Uzomah is an absolute gem - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Uzomah is an absolute gem (/Thread-Uzomah-is-an-absolute-gem)

Pages: 1 2 3

Uzomah is an absolute gem - Nicomo Cosca - 01-20-2022

If there’s one thing 100% of this board should be able to agree on it’s that this dude is just the best.

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - BurrowTheGoat - 01-20-2022

Not only is he a great leader but his play has been CLUTCH for us this year. Love me some CJ!!

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - Go Cards - 01-20-2022

Huge asset to the team

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-20-2022

I think he’s my favorite. I love The Joes and Tee and Chase and all the other guys, but CJ is the soul.

I feel like he’s more important to the success here than we’re even giving him credit for.

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - bfine32 - 01-20-2022

CJ makes it hard. On one hand I'd love to see the Bengals take one of the elite TEs in the upcoming draft. On the other I don't want to remove what he does for the team/

To add to the quandary dude's a FA this year

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 01:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: CJ makes it hard. On one hand I'd love to see the Bengals take one of the elite TEs in the upcoming draft. On the other I don't want to remove what he does for the team/

To add to the quandary dude's a FA this year

I’m just hoping with everything that I have, that seeing the success everyone else is having sparks something in him to take it to the next level.

Realistically, with Burrow & Mixon & Boyd & Higgins & Chase, we don’t need a 4.5/5 star Tight End. But…It’d be a lot cooler if we did (have one).

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - TheLeonardLeap - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 01:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: CJ makes it hard. On one hand I'd love to see the Bengals take one of the elite TEs in the upcoming draft. On the other I don't want to remove what he does for the team/

To add to the quandary  dude's a FA this year

Yeah, he seems like a great guy and a good leader. Just wish he was a bit more of a TE1 than I think his ceiling is. I guess it's not really a big problem so long as Chase/Higgins/Boyd stay healthy, but there's no doubt that TE is probably the second weakest position on the team after OL.

Until we fix the OL I'm more than fine with CJ as our TE.  TE can be a luxury addition next off-season.  Nice to have a vet like CJ with so much young talent.

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-20-2022

I don't think there are any elite TEs in this year's draft.

Some potential good ones. But not good enough to forgo upgrading the OL.

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - Shake n Blake - 01-20-2022

"That sounded like I'm an alcoholic...I'M NOT"

- Ceej 2022

(01-20-2022, 01:59 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I don't think there are any elite TEs in this year's draft.

Some potential good ones. But not good enough to forgo upgrading the OL.

Haven't looked at a ton, but I have only seen like 1 maybe 2 TEs predicted to go in the first 2 rounds.

Mike Gesicki, Evan Engram, Zach Ertz, and Dalton Schultz are FAs that could be good adds. I think Evan Engram could be a huge buy low target as he has been stuck with Daniel Jones at QB. 

- - - - -
Unrelated but interesting. While looking to see what TEs would be available I saw that it is going to be an absolutely crazy WR market this offseason. Davante Adams, Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk, DJ Chark, and Jamison Crowder.... and in the LOL NO category, Antonio Brown, OBJ, and JuJu.

(01-20-2022, 03:08 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mike Gesicki, Evan Engram, Zach Ertz, and Dalton Schultz are FAs that could be good adds. I think Evan Engram could be a huge buy low target as he has been stuck with Daniel Jones at QB. 

Fine with CJ but man could you imagine the matchup nightmares defenses would face if we grabbed Gesicki?  He is an athletic freak.  Doubt Miami let's him go however. 

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - basballguy - 01-20-2022

We've all seen this type of character in our lives....they really can't be replaced.  There are times where character outweighs skill and i feel like with CJ this is one of those times.  

Uzomah is an absolute gem - The D.O.Z. - 01-20-2022

I have always liked CJ and its been cool to watch him morph from a split-TE / depth guy (iirc he wasn’t used much in blocking in college) to a bonafide starter and team leader. I don’t remember him being this outgoing and goofy when the last QB was here. Did his rehab time with Burrow bring that out? I do know I get a kick out of his photo/video bombing. Great teammate, hope they resign him!

(01-20-2022, 05:14 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I have always liked CJ and its been cool to watch him morph from a split-TE / depth guy (iirc he wasn’t used much in blocking in college) to a bonafide starter and team leader. I don’t remember him being this outgoing and goofy when the last QB was here. Did his rehab time with Burrow bring that out? I do know I get a kick out of his photo/video bombing. Great teammate, hope they resign him!

If I had to guess...
#1: Winning.
#2: Having a contract that ensured he had a roster spot.
#3: Winning.

Whole lot easier to be outgoing and goofy when you aren't fighting for your job and are winning. Only time before this year Uzomah was on a winning team was 2015, when he was a rookie special teamer with 1 catch for 4 yards all year.

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - Nicomo Cosca - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 05:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If I had to guess...

Whole lot easier to be outgoing and goofy when you aren't fighting for your job and are winning. Only time before this year Uzomah was on a winning team was 2015, when he was a rookie special teamer with 1 catch for 4 yards all year.

Well, the Bengals social media has also been on another level since Elizabeth Blackburn took it over. I think that’s a lot of it. They actually promote the players (and their personalities) now.

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - ezekiel23 - 01-20-2022

I think CJ Uzomah is The very TE this team needs.He and Burrow have good chemistry.Of tha receptions he has this year,most of them either resulted in touchdowns,or first downs.I definitely wouldn’t draft a high caliber TE to just take targets away from Chase,Higgins,Boyd,Mixon.

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - SladeX - 01-20-2022

Don’t go fixing stuff that ain’t broken

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - SHRacerX - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 01:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
If there’s one thing 100% of this board should be able to agree on it’s that this dude is just the best.

Uzomah gets a lot of love as a person because of his personality, but I think his contributions as a player are somewhat overlooked.  He is a very capable TE that has made some HUGE plays this year.  He blocks his ass off.  He is reliable.  Perhaps most importantly, though, is his team-first attitude that he oozes.  

The guy wants to win and he doesn't care about stats, credit, etc.  He just wants to win.  

RE: Uzomah is an absolute gem - pally - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 05:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If I had to guess...

If you followed him on instagram you would see goofy Uzomah has been around for awhile now. 2019 he had a season long practical joke competition with Giovanni Bernard surrounding their cars and parking spaces that was hilarious