Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Reasons to be positive heading to KC (/Thread-Reasons-to-be-positive-heading-to-KC)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Shake n Blake - 01-25-2022

- Chiefs D is 29th in sacks. They get pressure, but don't get home much
- Chiefs D is 27th in pass yards allowed
- Chiefs D is 31st in yards/carry allowed
- Chiefs D is 32nd in yards allowed per drive
- Burrow had arguably his best game against KC (446 yards, 4 TDs, 148.0 rtg)
- Chase had the best receiving day in team history against KC
- If they decide to focus Chase, I've heard the CB who covered Tee is OUT (?)

- Last time the Chiefs scored 40+ in consecutive games was 2018 (twice)
- In the games that followed, KC scored 30 and 27. It's unlikely they will score 40 again.
- Mahomes had his 9th best rating and 14th best yardage total of 2021 vs Bengals
- Tyreek Hill had only 40 yards on 6 catches. His worst production on 10+ targets this year. 14th most yards and 3rd worst yards/catch overall this season.

- Kelce had only 5 catches for 25 yards. His worst yards/catch and 2nd worst yardage of 2021.
- The Chiefs were only competitive due to running the ball for 155 yards and 2 scores on only 23 carries. This was a fluke. It was the Chiefs 4th best total of the year and Bengals 2nd worst. Including the reg season and playoffs.

- Weather will be even better (46 degrees and sunny according to weather.com) than last time (33 degrees)

Feel free to add any other reasons to be positive heading to KC. ThumbsUp

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Tony - 01-25-2022

We are gonna beat them again.. This is the true beginning of the legend of Joe Burrow. He's gonna go for 500 and 5tds..

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Interceptor - 01-25-2022

Steaks.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - M.W. - 01-25-2022

The KC defense looked bad against the Bengals and horrible against the Bills.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Joelist - 01-25-2022

Chiefs game was our first try at having Flowers 1-1 on the opposing TE. Also importantly our OL largely won the battle with the Chiefs DL.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Tony - 01-25-2022

You just know Burrow and the boys live for these moments. They love the media hate against a team like the Chiefs. It don't even make sense. Burrow has proven to be better the 2nd time he faces a team in the same year.. I'm seriously expecting 500 yards and 5tds..

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-25-2022

Lots of reasons to be positive going into this game against the Chiefs no doubt.

I like the way our Defense played that 2nd half against the Chiefs Offense big time and I love our fight. It isn't just Burrow
our Defense is gonna have a huge chip on their shoulder going into this game. We also already played their Defense once
and when Burrow figures out a Defense it isn't going to be easy for them.

It is nice getting the extra day to boot, we played Saturday, they played Sunday. We get 8 days to prepare.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Whacked - 01-25-2022

Did Hill play last time? I can’t recall. Man that dude has some flippin wheels.
Watching him against the Bills reminded me we need to double Kelce and him. Lol.

Man this is going go be a fun one!

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Whacked - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 08:30 PM)Joelist Wrote: Chiefs game was our first try at having Flowers 1-1 on the opposing TE. Also importantly our OL largely won the battle with the Chiefs DL.

Shutting down Kelce was huge. That dude is SICK. Fly trap hands too.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - jason - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 08:42 PM)Whacked Wrote: Did Hill play last time? I can’t recall. Man that dude has some flippin wheels.
Watching him against the Bills reminded me we need to double Kelce and him. Lol.

Man this is going go be a fun one!

He did, but was held mostly in check.

He did look fast AF on that late TD the other night.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Synric - 01-25-2022

The weather will likely be in the 40's in Kansas City instead of the 20's in Buffalo.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 08:44 PM)jason Wrote: He did, but was held mostly in check.

He did look fast AF on that late TD the other night.

Yes, we handled Hill really well the last time we played him. Hope we are able to do so again, tall task to hold both Kelce and Hill
to what we did the last game. Also, watch out for Tyreek on Punt Returns this game, as we saw against the Bills. Nothing to lose 
now. Oh well, just don't Punt lol

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - michaelsean - 01-25-2022

I doubt them a lot and they prove me wrong a lot. (I was pretty confident against the Raiders though) I have my doubts again. I just can’t get over that hump in my head. Go prove me wrong again.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - JaggedJimmyJay - 01-25-2022

The Chiefs defense is truly abysmal. It's good at nearly nothing. I know they had a decent stretch over the latter portion of the year, but it was more mirage than real. They showed their true colors against Buffalo and will again this week.

They're never an easy out with that Mahomes offense, but they're very beatable. 5 teams already did it.

Reasons to be positive heading to KC - maclanta - 01-25-2022

Here's a reason to be positive... We're in AFCCG for the first time since I was 12! And we still have room to get better.

We can win this game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Shake n Blake - 01-25-2022

Perhaps one of the best reasons:

The Chiefs rely on blitzing to get pressure. They blitz 28.1% which is 8th most in the league. For comparison, the Titans rank 28th and the Raiders 32nd.

Joey B shreds the blitz. At one point he was PFF's top rated QB vs the blitz (probably still is).

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - JaggedJimmyJay - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 09:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Perhaps one of the best reasons:

The Chiefs rely on blitzing to get pressure. They blitz 28.1% which is 8th most in the league. For comparison, the Titans rank 28th and the Raiders 32nd.

Joey B shreds the blitz. At one point he was PFF's top rated QB vs the blitz (probably still is).

Yep. Joe shredded the Chiefs against the blitz already. And if Spagnuolo tries to adapt, then he does so at the cost of handicapping what his defense normally does well or is most accustomed to doing.

(01-25-2022, 09:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Perhaps one of the best reasons:

(01-25-2022, 09:01 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Yep. Joe shredded the Chiefs against the blitz already. And if Spagnuolo tries to adapt, then he does so at the cost of handicapping what his defense normally does well or is most accustomed to doing.

This is honestly the biggest reason to be optimistic IMO. Burrow loves blitzing Defenses. Tears them up.

I think only Brady was rated higher and don't even know if that is true. Burrow is as good as anyone against the blitz.

Also looks like Matthieu and one of their big DT's will be out.

We might be able to run on them better than we did the last game.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - LostInDaJungle - 01-25-2022

We've already beaten them once. They just finished a tough OT game where their D got burned late a LOT. Their CB's aren't going to get much sleep with all of the nightmares they're having about Chase.

Advantage Bengals.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Shake n Blake - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 09:01 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Yep. Joe shredded the Chiefs against the blitz already. And if Spagnuolo tries to adapt, then he does so at the cost of handicapping what his defense normally does well or is most accustomed to doing.

Exactly. Either they change what's worked for them all year (and who knows if they can get pressure without blitzing?) or they just continue on as normal. Either way, I see a big day for Joe and our receivers.

They'll need a ton of points, and we had a great defensive game plan last time. Just need to slow the run this time. They'll need to adjust for this way more than we will.