Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? (/Thread-Establish-The-Run-To-Punish-The-Honey-Badger)

Pages: 1 2

Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - BFritz21 - 01-28-2022

I've preached how frustrated I am that we haven't established the run enough and how we definitely need to do that against KC to control the game and keep Mahomes off the field.

Another reason, though, is to force Mathieu to come up in run support and get some contact.

I am NOT saying that we should attempt to hurt him, but make him think twice before coming up and taking on Mixon running the ball.

Mathieu doesn't seem like he's 100%, so take advantage of that and play some old school football.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - Hammerstripes - 01-28-2022

LOL. The way this team has been running the ball, Mathieu won't be getting much contact.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - Interceptor - 01-28-2022

We punish KC by getting the win, whatever it takes. We can win ugly. Can KC do that? They were BEAT last game and got away with it.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - KillerGoose - 01-28-2022

I wouldn't agree simply due to how poor the Bengals run game is. It hasn't been established because it stinks so the Bengals usually resort to the air to move the ball. Against an offense like the Chiefs, you really put yourself in danger of just falling behind quickly if you try to rely on the run - they are going to score and it is because they have an elite passing game. So does Cincinnati. You have to let Burrow do his thing and attempt to outpace Mahomes.

This doesn't mean completely abandon the run but Cincinnati has been rocking a 68% passing percentage for the playoffs. I would expect that to continue.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 07:00 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I wouldn't agree simply due to how poor the Bengals run game is. It hasn't been established because it stinks so the Bengals usually resort to the air to move the ball. Against an offense like the Chiefs, you really put yourself in danger of just falling behind quickly if you try to rely on the run - they are going to score and it is because they have an elite passing game. So does Cincinnati. You have to let Burrow do his thing and attempt to outpace Mahomes.

This doesn't mean completely abandon the run but Cincinnati has been rocking a 68% passing percentage for the playoffs. I would expect that to continue.

This, don't abandon the run but rely on what works and that is the passing game. Open it up and force Mahomes to stay in the 
pocket and try and open it up. We get an INT or two and convert for a TD or 2 and it puts KC in a tough position with their D.

I think early we need to attack and play really aggressive and try to quiet down the stadium. We get up big on them and it 
would really take the wind out of their sails. Need to make sure we execute and not turn the ball over cause KC can score at 
anytime with that Offense. I think we can make some stops with how our Defense is playing but they will still score regardless
in their house.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - Sled21 - 01-28-2022

He still hasnt cleared protocol. He has 1 more day. Reid said he'd make an announcement tomorrow. i doubt he plays.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - Go Cards - 01-28-2022

Bengals run game does not scare anybody unfortunately.

Expecting another shootout at the OK Corral Sunday.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-29-2022

(01-28-2022, 11:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals run game does not scare anybody unfortunately.

It might scare a shitty run stopping team in KC, Titans were the 2nd best team at stopping the run in the league.

Not going to run on those guys, we used Mixon in the passing game as an extension of the running game which was the right call.

Don't know the stats either but Mixon had a better game than King Henry from what I saw.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - BFritz21 - 01-29-2022

(01-28-2022, 11:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He still hasnt cleared protocol. He has 1 more day. Reid said he'd make an announcement tomorrow. i doubt he plays.
I'm hoping he doesn't but I also know that KC would do everything to prevent us from knowing one way or the other so we can't plan accordingly. 

You have any idea when we'll know tomorrow?
(01-28-2022, 11:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals run game does not scare anybody unfortunately.

Because we don't run it enough to make anyone fear the run.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - KillerGoose - 01-29-2022

(01-28-2022, 11:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He still hasnt cleared protocol. He has 1 more day. Reid said he'd make an announcement tomorrow. i doubt he plays.

He’ll be out there. He’s been a full participant in practice for two days in a row now.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - M.W. - 01-29-2022

Agreed because the OL is pathetic at run blocking.  I think the WRs run block better than the OL at this point.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - ezekiel23 - 01-29-2022

I would love to see Joe Mixon have over 100 yards on the ground in this game.This Chiefs defense definitely is not as good as the defense the Bengals faced in the Titans last week.Yes,the Bengals will have to win this game throwing the ball,but getting Mixon going early sure would increase our chances of winning.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - reuben.ahmed - 01-29-2022

I think if Burrow and Mixon have the ball at the end of the game to keep Mahomes off the field, we're going to see a repeat of W17. It does suck that our short yardage game seems horrid but I don't think Mixon and Burrow would give up a shot at the superbowl at any cost at the end of the game lol. So many things will be fixed when our line improves next year (hopefully). Less sacks, less pressures, easier run game. There will be the league Burrow plays in and the rest of the NFL. That is the NFL's story if we lose with the below average OL. Mahomes is a beast but I'd like to see him win that Titans game behind our line, Mahomes wears his emotions on his sleeve.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - Sled21 - 01-29-2022

(01-29-2022, 12:25 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I would love to see Joe Mixon have over 100 yards on the ground in this game.This Chiefs defense definitely is not as good as the defense the Bengals faced in the Titans last week.Yes,the Bengals will have to win this game throwing the ball,but getting Mixon going early sure would increase our chances of winning.

Agreed. I think Mixon can run on these guys, and the longer we are on the field with him running the rock, the more Mahomes is on the bench getting cold.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - magikod - 01-29-2022

If we can get the running game going, I say yes.

But lets not force it, and get us in 3rd and long every time cause we can't run on 1st or 2nd down.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - jfkbengals - 01-29-2022

Yes, establish the run. But that is to protect Joe from the oline, not to punsih anyone on the Chiefs defense.

It's also to keep the ball away from the Chiefs offense and keep the legs of the Bengals defenders fresh.

Establish a run game and everything else opens up.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - AlphaBengal - 01-29-2022

Our run game is garbage. Our pass protection is the worst in the league. Our defense needs to come up huge tomorrow to have a chance.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - fredtoast - 01-29-2022

Our run game stinks.  

The more we run the more we "establish" that our run game stinks.

Earlier in the year we had some games where we ran the ball well, but not in a long time.  With Reiff out our run game has completely dried up.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - BFritz21 - 01-29-2022

Mixon hits the hole so fast that he doesn't need the best blocking and that forces the defense to stay near the line.

RE: Establish The Run To Punish The Honey Badger? - Nicomo Cosca - 01-29-2022

(01-29-2022, 06:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our run game stinks.  

The more we run the more we "establish" that our run game stinks.

Earlier in the year we had some games where we ran the ball well, but not in a long time.  With Reiff out our run game has completely dried up.

I also feel like they miss Carman in the run game. They seemed to have more success running earlier in the season when he got those 5-6 starts.