Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Precinct - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Precinct (/Thread-The-Precinct)

Pages: 1 2

The Precinct - pally - 02-02-2022

First, they celebrate Cris Collinsworth with his own steak. Then Joe Burrow got the honor. Now they have Money Mac and Cheese after Evan"Shooter" McPherson.

You can go all Bengals with entree and side now

RE: The Precinct - TecmoBengals - 02-02-2022

When clicking this thread, I anticipated you were inviting the collective lot of us at the Bengals Board for dinner at The Precinct on your bill. Hilarious Still, it's cool seeing Shooter getting recognition amongst Bengals fandom.

RE: The Precinct - MileHighGrowler - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 03:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: When clicking this thread, I anticipated you were inviting the collective lot of us at the Bengals Board for dinner at The Precinct on your bill.  Hilarious  Still, it's cool seeing Shooter getting recognition amongst Bengals fandom.

I'd be down with that invite if someone else is footing the bill  Smirk

RE: The Precinct - Bengalitis - 02-02-2022

Are they bringing back the beer of the 80s?

RE: The Precinct - Foolishpride - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 03:09 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Are they bringing back the beer of the 80s?

STROH'S?   Ninja

RE: The Precinct - StripesEarned - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 03:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: When clicking this thread, I anticipated you were inviting the collective lot of us at the Bengals Board for dinner at The Precinct on your bill.  Hilarious  Still, it's cool seeing Shooter getting recognition amongst Bengals fandom.

Yea it is. He's really the 1st kicker Bengals have had that every kick he lines up for I feel like he's gonna make it. Whatever the reason be it just because it's the Bengals or if it was the players Pelfrey, Graham, Nugent, Bullock or Rackers I always had the feeling they were gonna miss the kick. Either way now with him the feeling is different. Far less anxiety.

Everything has been flipped this year even the feeling of waiting on the inevitable dark cloud of doom we Bengals fans always knew was coming soon has gone, hopefully for good. One cool thing I saw relating to McPherson is on Madden 22 they added a playoff champion card in ultimate team mode at 96 overall which I believe is the highest rated kicker in the game, but the cool part is on the bottom of the card it says. Well, looks like we're going to the AFC championship game. Thought that was a nice touch.

RE: The Precinct - Sled21 - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 04:25 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: STROH'S?   Ninja

Fun story, in 1982 I went on Spring Break with 4 buddies to Tampa/St. Petersburg. Being in college at EKU and not having a lot of spending money, we loaded some luggage in a Chevy Citation then headed for Speck's liquor store in Richmond. We bought 2 cases of Heineken, a case for the day we got there, and the other one the day before we left. So, we went with the cheapest beer we could buy for the rest of the trip, which happened to be Stroh's on sale for 4 dollars a case. Bought 10 cases of that crap. When we got out on the beach, you would have thought we brought gold with us. Everyone was like "Where'd you get that Stroh's, and we wound up trading almost all of it for Budweiser. 

RE: The Precinct - pally - 02-02-2022

lol...I can't afford to take ME to The Precinct

RE: The Precinct - TecmoBengals - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 06:11 PM)pally Wrote: lol...I can't afford to take ME to The Precinct

Mods, might be time to lock this thread for the let down potential.  LMAO It seems pally isn't taking us all out to dinner.

The Precinct - Bronxbengal - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 04:54 PM)StripesEarned Wrote: Everything has been flipped this year even the feeling of waiting on the inevitable dark cloud of doom we Bengals fans always knew……

It is one of the signs of the Apocalypse. Pray for repentance and when we win on the 13th prepared when all hell breaks loose because we are relentlessly coming back for more next year. Who Dey baby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: The Precinct - Earendil - 02-03-2022

(02-02-2022, 08:41 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.   Pray for repentance and when we win on the 13th prepared when all hell breaks loose because we are relentlessly coming back for more next year.  Who Dey baby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I believed in hell I would say that Satan has started googling Zamboni machines.

RE: The Precinct - QueenCity - 02-03-2022

I did go to Rubys the other day and got the Burrow Steak.... unfortunately I wasn't impressed. Perhaps a bad steak or what not but wasn't worth the money.

Ruth Chris - Steak melts in your mouth... Rubys at least that night was more of a texas roadhouse

RE: The Precinct - Sled21 - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 02:03 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I did go to Rubys the other day and got the Burrow Steak.... unfortunately I wasn't impressed.  Perhaps a bad steak or what not but wasn't worth the money.

Ruth Chris - Steak melts in your mouth... Rubys at least that night was more of a texas roadhouse

Is there an Eddie Merlot's in Cincinnati now? We had one in Louisville for a while. My wife and I ate there a couple of times, but the prices are higher than Ruby's. We used to like to just go to the bar and get their Spicy Rock Shrimp and maybe one or two other appetizers and have drinks. I have several gift cards left, but since the "peaceful protestors" broke the windows out and stole all the liquor in the place (because nothing says you want justice like looting liquor) they closed, boarded up and left town. Now I have useless gift cards. I need to go to another city to use them.

RE: The Precinct - Foolishpride - 02-03-2022

(02-02-2022, 05:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fun story, in 1982 I went on Spring Break with 4 buddies to Tampa/St. Petersburg. Being in college at EKU and not having a lot of spending money, we loaded some luggage in a Chevy Citation then headed for Speck's liquor store in Richmond. We bought 2 cases of Heineken, a case for the day we got there, and the other one the day before we left. So, we went with the cheapest beer we could buy for the rest of the trip, which happened to be Stroh's on sale for 4 dollars a case. Bought 10 cases of that crap. When we got out on the beach, you would have thought we brought gold with us. Everyone was like "Where'd you get that Stroh's, and we wound up trading almost all of it for Budweiser. 

Yeah, that was the beer of choice around my parts in the early 80's.  They came in 15 & 30 packs if I remember.  Then everyone quit drinking it when they made the switch from white cans to blue cans.  Now everyone drinks Busch Light around here.

RE: The Precinct - pally - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 10:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Is there an Eddie Merlot's in Cincinnati now? We had one in Louisville for a while. My wife and I ate there a couple of times, but the prices are higher than Ruby's. We used to like to just go to the bar and get their Spicy Rock Shrimp and maybe one or two other appetizers and have drinks. I have several gift cards left, but since the "peaceful protestors" broke the windows out and stole all the liquor in the place (because nothing says you want justice like looting liquor) they closed, boarded up and left town. Now I have useless gift cards. I need to go to another city to use them.

there is one at Montgomery Rd at the 275 interchange

The Precinct also renamed the entire desert menu.  Every desert now has a Bengals player's name included in it

(02-03-2022, 10:44 AM)pally Wrote: there is one at Montgomery Rd at the 275 interchange

The Precinct also renamed the entire desert menu.  Every desert now has a Bengals player's name included in it

Thanks. Next time I'm up that way I'll burn the remaining cards up. Never been to the Precinct. I've been to Jeff Ruby's here in Louisville. Wasn't that impressed.

RE: The Precinct - pally - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Thanks. Next time I'm up that way I'll burn the remaining cards up. Never been to the Precinct. I've been to Jeff Ruby's here in Louisville. Wasn't that impressed.

The Precinct is the mothership of his brand

(02-03-2022, 10:55 AM)pally Wrote: The Precinct is the mothership of his brand

Like I said, I've eaten at his place in Louisville, Ruth's Chris in Louisville, and Eddie Merlot's in Louisville. While it was all "good" Ruby's and Ruth's did not make me want to come back and drop that kind of money again. Eddie Merlot's was more expensive, but much better. My favorite steak restaurant, where you get the best steak at a reasonable price, is Malone's in Lexington. They FINALLY opened one up here in Louisville so I can quit making the drive there. It's Jeff Ruby quality, but not quite as expensive. The bottomless "Lexingtonian" salad and bread are both off the hook good too.

RE: The Precinct - StoneTheCrow - 02-03-2022

I went to Ruby’s the night before the Browns game this season. It was when Gameday was in town for the UC game. The place was absolutely buzzing and it was probably the best meal I’ve had.

RE: The Precinct - Truck_1_0_1_ - 02-03-2022

(02-02-2022, 04:54 PM)StripesEarned Wrote: Yea it is. He's really the 1st kicker Bengals have had that every kick he lines up for I feel like he's gonna make it. Whatever the reason be it just because it's the Bengals or if it was the players Pelfrey, Graham, Nugent, Bullock or Rackers I always had the feeling they were gonna miss the kick. Either way now with him the feeling is different. Far less anxiety.

Everything has been flipped this year even the feeling of waiting on the inevitable dark cloud of doom we Bengals fans always knew was coming soon has gone, hopefully for good. One cool thing I saw relating to McPherson is on Madden 22 they added a playoff champion card in ultimate team mode at 96 overall which I believe is the highest rated kicker in the game, but the cool part is on the bottom of the card it says. Well, looks like we're going to the AFC championship game. Thought that was a nice touch.

Shayne and Nuge' I never had a single doubt if it was within 50. 50+ though, yes, I worried lol, but within that yardage, I had 100% faith, every time.