Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Auden Tate - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Auden Tate (/Thread-Auden-Tate--30884)

Pages: 1 2

Auden Tate - pally - 02-03-2022

The Bengals did not activate Auden Tate within the allowed 21-day window so he reverted to full IR status. I have a feeling we have seen the last of him as a Bengal but he will hopefully leave with a ring

RE: Auden Tate - ochocincos - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 10:31 AM)pally Wrote: The Bengals did not activate Auden Tate within the allowed 21-day window so he reverted to full IR status.  I have a feeling we have seen the last of him as a Bengal but he will hopefully leave with a ring

I always thought Tate would be, if anything, a redzone weapon. Turns out he's not been used much like that and hasn't been very good when he has.
Perfectly fine letting Tate walk and bringing in a more dynamic WR4.

RE: Auden Tate - Sled21 - 02-03-2022

There are simply too many weapons on this team with Tate's exact skill set...ie big bodied receiver who can make contested catches. The other guys, Tee, Ja'Marr and CJ also have speed. I just don't see him ever getting on the field here unless we have major injuries at the position. I like the guy, but he needs to go somewhere else where he can play.

RE: Auden Tate - michaelsean - 02-03-2022

I'll bet Cleveland gives him a look. I think they are fresh out of receivers.

RE: Auden Tate - wcu - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 10:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'll bet Cleveland gives him a look.  I think they are fresh out of receivers.

Baltimore too.  Their fans drool over our receivers.  

RE: Auden Tate - XenoMorph - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 10:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I always thought Tate would be, if anything, a redzone weapon. Turns out he's not been used much like that and hasn't been very good when he has.
Perfectly fine letting Tate walk and bringing in a more dynamic WR4.

i mean unless someone is hurt or needs a spell i wouldnt take higgens boyd or chase off the field for Tate in any situation

RE: Auden Tate - Au165 - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 11:04 AM)wcu Wrote: Baltimore too.  Their fans drool over our receivers.  

Honestly, he and Boykin are basically the same guy so not sure Baltimore would want him. 

RE: Auden Tate - kalibengal - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 10:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There are simply too many weapons on this team with Tate's exact skill set...ie big bodied receiver who can make contested catches. The other guys, Tee, Ja'Marr and CJ also have speed. I just don't see him ever getting on the field here unless we have major injuries at the position. I like the guy, but he needs to go somewhere else where he can play.

if he could add 20lbs I think a TE maybe a possibilty for him
Great hands and catch radius

RE: Auden Tate - Truck_1_0_1_ - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 11:04 AM)wcu Wrote: Baltimore too.  Their fans drool over our receivers.  

They do?

Outside of Touraj (which was back in 2010), I can't think of a single WR who has played for both teams.

RE: Auden Tate - ochocincos - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 11:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i mean unless someone is hurt or needs a spell i wouldnt take higgens boyd or chase off the field for Tate in any situation

I agree. Tate's value would only be in 4-WR sets.

RE: Auden Tate - fredtoast - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 12:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They do?

Outside of Touraj (which was back in 2010), I can't think of a single WR who has played for both teams.

They signed Kelley Washington about a decade ago.

Who is Touraj?

RE: Auden Tate - Au165 - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They signed Kelley Washington about a decade ago.

Who is Touraj?

TJ Housmanzada's first name is Touraj

RE: Auden Tate - bengalfan74 - 02-03-2022

I doubt we see Tate on the field again as a Bengal.

(02-03-2022, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They signed Kelley Washington about a decade ago.

Who is Touraj?

Never have called him by his last name (hard to swipe on a phone keyboard) or his shortened first name ('cause there are many TJs, even if we know who TJ is), so by putting his full first name, it's easily identifiable.

RE: Auden Tate - Housh - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 10:31 AM)pally Wrote: The Bengals did not activate Auden Tate within the allowed 21-day window so he reverted to full IR status.  I have a feeling we have seen the last of him as a Bengal but he will hopefully leave with a ring

He deserves to go to another team. After his 2019, I do feel like he was thrown away after drafting Chase, and it was unfair. 

No way healthy Tate shouldve been benched for Stanley Morgan.

Hopefully we sen dhim out with a ring

RE: Auden Tate - XenoMorph - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 02:01 PM)Housh Wrote: He deserves to go to another team. After his 2019, I do feel like he was thrown away after drafting Chase, and it was unfair. 

Morgan likely offers more on special teams which if your not top 3 you need to play special teams

(02-03-2022, 02:01 PM)Housh Wrote: He deserves to go to another team. After his 2019, I do feel like he was thrown away after drafting Chase, and it was unfair. 

Morgan is the VASTLY-superior player to the needs and role on this team, even if he isn't as good a WR as Tate.

RE: Auden Tate - pally - 02-03-2022

Stanley Morgan is the far superior blocker and is the regular gunner on the special teams. Tate, could occassionally make a circus catch. Unfortunately he needed to expand his skill set and he couldn't

RE: Auden Tate - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-03-2022

Makes sense, Stanley Morgan has taken his spot and ran with it on ST's and when we need him blocking on certain Offensive
plays. Too bad, I liked Auden with his catch radius but he is just too slow on his routes and isn't near the blocker Morgan is.

RE: Auden Tate - wcu - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 12:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They do?

I love to read other teams' message boards.  It seems like ever since the days of Chad and TJ, the folks on the Ravens message boards have been so jelly of our guys.  Specifically now, they want long rangy guys who can go up and make a contested catch like Higgins (at least I remember reading those threads after we dismantled them so thoroughly).

[Image: south-park-jealous.gif]