Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... (/Thread-This-is-why-if-the-Rams-win-it-will-be-a-damn-shame)

Pages: 1 2

This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - Tomkat - 02-09-2022

Absolutely Nobody Showed Up To The Los Angeles’ Rams Super Bowl Pep Rally On Monday

https://brobible.com/sports/article/rams-super-bowl-pep-rally-attendance/

RE: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - TecmoBengals - 02-09-2022

& add the unfortunate reality that no Cincinnati Bengals fan has ever seen the franchise win a Super Bowl, it will be a damn shame if we lose.

RE: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - Bengalbug - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 09:56 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Absolutely Nobody Showed Up To The Los Angeles’ Rams Super Bowl Pep Rally On Monday

There is a chance there is a cincy invasion at the SB. Considering that most of the country is pulling for the bengals…. Between the real bengals fans going and the bandwagon…. Black and orange may overwhelm sofi

RE: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - TecmoBengals - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 10:10 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: There is a chance there is a cincy invasion at the SB.  Considering that most of the country is pulling for the bengals…. Between the real bengals fans going and the bandwagon…. Black and orange may overwhelm sofi

I'm also not worried about it becoming a Rams hometown crowd. Our offense already overcame beating the Chiefs in the loudest stadium in existence of the known universe to the point it's so detrimental to visiting teams that Mahomes always wins blah blah blah media talking point stuff. Our team is fundamentally sound and doesn't seem to get overly rattled by the opposing crowd. We're going to be alright regardless of how the stands are filled.

It would be cool though to see more orange and black!

RE: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - Interceptor - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 10:10 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: There is a chance there is a cincy invasion at the SB.  Considering that most of the country is pulling for the bengals…. Between the real bengals fans going and the bandwagon…. Black and orange may overwhelm sofi

True. I mean, who the hell is buying up all the merchandise? A lot of places are already sold out of Bengals paraphernalia.

(02-09-2022, 10:29 AM)Interceptor Wrote: True. I mean, who the hell is buying up all the merchandise? A lot of places are already sold out of Bengals paraphernalia.

Not to ruin the parade, but I assumed this was partly because there was a limited supply of Bengals gear in the first place because it doesn't frequently sell.

RE: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - motoarch - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 10:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Not to ruin the parade, but I assumed this was partly because there was a limited supply of Bengals gear in the first place because it doesn't frequently sell.

People keep saying this with no evidence to support it.

RE: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - Johnny Cupcakes - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 09:56 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Absolutely Nobody Showed Up To The Los Angeles’ Rams Super Bowl Pep Rally On Monday

For what it's worth, the Rams gave away 3000 total tickets to season ticket holders, which is who attended. It's not like they could only find 3000 people, it was just that limited. 

They probably could have gotten at least 3250 to go if they gave out more tickets. Maybe even 3500.

(02-09-2022, 10:38 AM)motoarch Wrote: People keep saying this with no evidence to support it.

Nice bro, you're pulling from the playbook of toasty. I prefaced my statement acknowledging I was making an assumption.

[Image: starwars-movealong.gif]

RE: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - motoarch - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 10:41 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nice bro, you're pulling from the playbook of toasty. I prefaced my statement acknowledging I was making an assumption.

[Image: starwars-movealong.gif]

Then why say it?  Shut up and move on rather then parrot non-sense you cant support.

(02-09-2022, 10:41 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: For what it's worth, the Rams gave away 3000 total tickets to season ticket holders, which is who attended. It's not like they could only find 3000 people, it was just that limited. 

They probably could have gotten at least 3250 to go if they gave out more tickets. Maybe even 3500.

ESPN mentioned it was a high school stadium, I think? If that's true then the attendance capacity had to be limited unless it was one of those big Texas high school stadium types.

(02-09-2022, 10:42 AM)motoarch Wrote: Then why say it?  Shut up and move on rather then parrot non-sense you cant support.

Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed and decided to be an edgy internet guy this morning. 

Edit: People converse informally on this forum every day, all day. Posts are not required to cohere to a framework with supporting evidence.

RE: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - Tomkat - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 10:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Not to ruin the parade, but I assumed this was partly because there was a limited supply of Bengals gear in the first place because it doesn't frequently sell.

I would have to agree with this... as a Bengals fan I RARELY see any Bengals stuff ANYWHERE, even before now that they're "popular."

RE: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - Johnny Cupcakes - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 10:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: ESPN mentioned it was a high school stadium, I think? If that's true then the attendance capacity had to be limited unless it was one of those big Texas high school stadium types.

Yeah, it was a local HS. From what I've heard, it was nice, but they pretty much filled it up. They could have used a larger venue, but I imagine that if they did, it would have exposed just how little the city and people of LA support the Rams. Los Angeles has notoriously weak fan support for football...which is why it never made sense to give them two teams in the first place. 

(02-09-2022, 10:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed and decided to be an edgy internet guy this morning. 

Edit: People converse informally on this forum every day, all day. Posts are not required to cohere to a framework with supporting evidence.

Who's edgy?

I said you repeated something that had no supporting evidence then you replied with a personal attack and a dumb gif.

I argue you're the edgy internet guy this morning.

Stop taking a piss, grow up and move on.

RE: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - Whatever - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 10:38 AM)motoarch Wrote: People keep saying this with no evidence to support it.

The Browns sold more jerseys in Ohio than the Bengals despite Burrow being the #1 individual jersey seller.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/2/8/22922232/joe-burrow-jersey-best-selling-ohio-bengals-sales-browns

Kind of sad when you think about it.  

It's a simple supply and demand function. Gear of historically bad, small market teams are not going to be manufactured at the same level as yearly contending, major market teams. You'd end up with a massive surplus of Jacksonville Jaguars jerseys each year, and Dak Prescott jerseys would be selling for $500 on ebay if they were all made in the same quantities. 

Disclaimer: I have nothing to support this other than common sense, and if proven wrong, I have no problem admitting when I'm an idiot. 

(02-09-2022, 11:24 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I would have to agree with this... as a Bengals fan I RARELY see any Bengals stuff ANYWHERE, even before now that they're "popular."

This is about to change for multiple reasons. Not only are the Bengals winning now, but they're incredibly likable, they're getting a ton of media love, and their new jerseys are among the best in the league. People are going to want to wear this stuff. 

RE: This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame... - Clark W Griswold - 02-09-2022

I’m sure the Rams could have had at least double that if they wanted to. 90% of them wouldn’t even know who Curt Warner or Marshall Faulk are but don’t underestimate the number of bandwagon fans out here.

(02-09-2022, 11:45 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's a simple supply and demand function. Gear of historically bad, small market teams are not going to be manufactured at the same level as yearly contending, major market teams. You'd end up with a massive surplus of Jacksonville Jaguars jerseys each year, and Dak Prescott jerseys would be selling for $500 on ebay if they were all made in the same quantities. 

Disclaimer: I have nothing to support this other than common sense, and if proven wrong, I have no problem admitting when I'm an idiot. 

I understand how these things work I just don't see reason to continue a narrative that may or may not be true.

I'm not saying it's not true.  I didn't really intend for this to blow up into such a big deal.  I just made an impulsive comment I figured would be ignored and we'd all move on.

I don't really even have a problem with tecmo either I just didn't like the attitude of his response toy post.  It was accusatory and personal.  That was completely unnecessary.

Now I'm in a back and forth that's unproductive and negative when we're all celebrating success this team hasn't seen in over 30 years.

On that note I plan to ignore post about this subject as a matter of getting back to doing just that and I hope tecmo will join me in doing so.

Let's move past petty non-sense.  Have your opinions on this subject cause honestly it doesn't really matter one way or the other