Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2021 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2021-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** (/Thread-SUPER-BOWL-LVI-GameDay-Thread-Rams-vs-Bengals)

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:15 AM)Whacked Wrote: Spot on man. x2 to everything you said. From the silly blame the refs nonsense to a fun next few years.

This blows but exceeded my wildest expectations for this team.

We lost by 3 in a close one. I can live w that based on where we have been for so many years.

Get an OLine and we will be competitive for years.

Absolutely this. Don't think the refs were phenomenal, but we benifitted from a major call. The Wilson call was awful, but in reality probably didn't change a ton.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - mustang473 - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:16 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Tell me about it, I felt they would sneak in this year as a WC, but to end up in the SB???? Didn't see that one coming.

Fix that OL and we are right there.

100%

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - TheUberHuber - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:12 AM)Tony Wrote: Ya the Oline finally caught up to us and unfortunately Joe might be hurt bad again...

Finally??

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - masonbengals fan - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:13 AM)Joelist Wrote: I seriously doubt we make it back for a LONG time. Also you can forget us being a destination now - they saw us choke it up in the Super Bowl and no A List Free Agent will want to be part of that.

You are kidding right ?

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Nicomo Cosca - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:09 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Only drop of the season.

Can't blame him.

Sure you can. If that was Chase people would be stroking out.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - thompson19osu - 02-14-2022

I would like to sum my thoughts:

1: Happy to be a Bengals fan. Great season. The future is promising.

2: Horrible call on 3rd and 7. What a great play by Wilson. Hate to see the refs play such a role.

3: Horrible coaching in the end. Why run in to Donald with the game on the line? Why pass deep when 1 yard to go?

Again proud to be a Bengal. Look forward to next season with a shored up O line.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:14 AM)Whatever Wrote: 5 catches for 89 yards is shut down?

Chase absolutely didn't have the impact he's had in other games. But he was never going to. Shut down is a bit strong, but very much bottled up I'd say.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Interceptor - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:16 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: He should have played more slants.... after the 5th sack, it was obvious the Oline was not gonna do it.

It falls on the coach then.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Leon - 02-14-2022

i said a couple days ago that i was worried about joe and he didn't look good tonight. he got pressured a lot on the second half but didn't really look great the whole game.

kinda crazy that passing on the line to take chase helped get them here, but then cost them the game too.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Bengalitis - 02-14-2022

IT was not a blow out, that's a good thing and we had the lead like the last superbowl going into the 4th quarter.... with less the 4 minutes to go.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Joelist - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:15 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: You've lost your mind.  A LOT of free agents will want to be a part of this.  

They'll want to be part of choking in the clutch again? Why? If you do it once you'll do it again. 

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Sled21 - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:17 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: You are kidding right ?

He's trolling.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - pally - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:13 AM)Joelist Wrote: I seriously doubt we make it back for a LONG time. Also you can forget us being a destination now - they saw us choke it up in the Super Bowl and no A List Free Agent will want to be part of that.

baloney!

The Bengals did not choke in the Super Bowl. They were beaten by a very good team.  A team that is probably better than they were.    Cooper Kupp is one of the best WRs in the game and he showed it.  This team will still be a sought after destination despited your doom and gloom

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Leon - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:17 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: IT was not a blow out, that's a good thing and we had the lead like the last superbowl going into the 4th quarter.... with less the 4 minutes to go.

and choked it away. props to them for getting here, but what a way to lose.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - TheUberHuber - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:16 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely this. Don't think the refs were phenomenal, but we benifitted from a major call. The Wilson call was awful, but in reality probably didn't change a ton.

It was 3rd down. How does that not change a ton? 

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - michaelsean - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:09 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Looks like Whithworth will retire and go to the HOF as a Ram now.

You don’t go in as the member of a team.

(02-14-2022, 12:17 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i said a couple days ago that i was worried about joe and he didn't look good tonight. he got pressured a lot on the second half but didn't really look great the whole game.

kinda crazy that passing on the line to take chase helped get them here, but then cost them the game too.

It did, but you've got to say the coaching did not react well to the OL's problems. No playoff team should ever give up 9 sacks in a postseason game, and 7 in another. You gameplan around it if it's a problem, and they never did.

Chase was absolutely vindicated as the right pick.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - BengalFanInNJ - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:12 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Chase was shut down.

5 catches for 89 yards isn’t necessarily being shut down.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Nicomo Cosca - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:11 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: He wouldn't have gotten the first down anyway.  He would have been stopped.

It was absolutely a 1st if he catches it.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - TKUHL - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:13 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Taylor blew that game. Absolutely outcoached. Absolutely no reason to have your highest paid RB in the NFL on the bench on 3rd and 1. Zero. Same on 4th.

**** Mixon, what makes anyone think he would have got a first. Tired of the one run yard run on first with Mixon. At least Perine broke a 40 yard TD run last week. Hell Mixon would have lost yards at the end.