Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2021 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2021-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** (/Thread-SUPER-BOWL-LVI-GameDay-Thread-Rams-vs-Bengals)

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - jfkbengals - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:16 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I know a lot of you guys are upset. But we are really lucky to have such a young team that will compete every year for Super Bowls. Just fix the oline and we can win next year.

Kansas City said that last year.

Just sayin'.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:19 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: It was 3rd down. How does that not change a ton? 

Ah I thought it was 2nd, my bad. Tbh as soon as it was first and goal I was expecting a TD, hence my 'it didn't change a ton' view.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Bengalitis - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:19 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You don’t go in as the member of a team.

Perhaps, but winning that SB ring, pretty much marks the spot.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Nicomo Cosca - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:12 AM)Interceptor Wrote: What are the stats on Mixon?

Look them up yourself

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - casear2727 - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:09 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Only drop of the season.

Can't blame him.
I can.  I am on record here to cut him. It doesnt make sense to pay a non-impact WR3 $10M the next 2 years with this awful oline.  The 8yd drop on 3rd down in the SB under 6 mins just adds credence to my opinion.  Any slot could do well with Chase, Higg and Joe.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Clark W Griswold - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:17 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: IT was not a blow out, that's a good thing and we had the lead like the last superbowl going into the 4th quarter.... with less the 4 minutes to go.

True but that makes it sting even worse. So frustrated right now

Dip shits are lighting off fireworks around me and probably never even watch football.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Sled21 - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:19 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It did, but you've got to say the coaching did not react well to the OL's problems. No playoff team should ever give up 9 sacks in a postseason game, and 7 in another. You gameplan around it if it's a problem, and they never did.

Chase was absolutely vindicated as the right pick.

Hmmmm..... game plan around their All Pro defensive linemen, that's all we had to do....... Wonder why Lou didn't think of that? Ninja

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:19 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Kansas City said that last year.

Just sayin'.

If they'd have had one good drive in the 2nd half a fortnight ago, they'd have likely been right. 

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Whacked - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:16 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely this. Don't think the refs were phenomenal, but we benifitted from a major call. The Wilson call was awful, but in reality probably didn't change a ton.

(02-14-2022, 12:17 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: I would like to sum my thoughts:

1: Happy to be a Bengals fan. Great season. The future is promising.

2: Horrible call on 3rd and 7. What a great play by Wilson. Hate to see the refs play such a role.

3: Horrible coaching in the end. Why run in to Donald with the game on the line? Why pass deep when 1 yard to go?

Again proud to be a Bengal. Look forward to next season with a shored up O line.

Amen fellas. People have a right to be upset. I am too!

But it’s nice to see some healthy level-headed perspectives here.

We can’t blame the game on Boyd. That’s silly too. The entire O, including JB didn’t do that well.

It was a fun year. It is what it is.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - michaelsean - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:13 AM)Joelist Wrote: I seriously doubt we make it back for a LONG time. Also you can forget us being a destination now - they saw us choke it up in the Super Bowl and no A List Free Agent will want to be part of that.

So what about the other thirty teams that weren’t in the Super Bowl? And no they didn’t choke.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Nicomo Cosca - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:12 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Chase was shut down.

89 yards is hardly “shut down.”

So many dumb takes.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Bengalstripes9 - 02-14-2022

How about that desperation throw by burrow on 4th down though. Amazing awareness to get that off and it was pretty close to being catchable for a first down. Just being able to throw it was amazing, but getting it that close was pretty good.

The play calling and oline are very fixable problems so I don’t see any reason to be upset with the future of this team.

The rams will begin to fall apart next year. Tampa is falling apart. The bills and maybe chargers are our toughest competition next year but we should be able to win it all if we just get a couple more players in the right side of the oline.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Bengalitis - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:20 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: True but that makes it sting even worse. So frustrated right now

Dip shits are lighting off fireworks around me and probably never even watch football.

I'm not as upset as I was in the last super bowl... thank goodness i've gotten old.  Ninja

(02-14-2022, 12:12 AM)Tony Wrote: Ya the Oline finally caught up to us and unfortunately Joe might be hurt bad again...

He looked fine.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - BengalFanInNJ - 02-14-2022

I hope there’s a lot of fans that welcome them home in Cincinnati.

(02-14-2022, 12:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hmmmm..... game plan around their All Pro defensive linemen, that's all we had to do....... Wonder why Lou didn't think of that? Ninja

No... if your QB is getting sacked on every play, you call plays he's unlikely to get sacked on. You build tempo, make the pass rush think twice.

That should be obvious to literally anyone.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - RunKijanaRun - 02-14-2022

There will never be a better opportunity for the Bengals to win a SB. Rams lost their 2nd best WR, their offense was just..done…we had the ball, the lead and a chance to go up 11 and they settled for 3, then never scored again in the final 27 minutes. You cannot ask for anything more than that, and they still managed to blow it. Only us.

I wish I could take solace in the idea we’ve got all these better days ahead, but you have to remember this is a 10-7 team that rode a miraculous wave to the SB. People say we say we had no business here? Yeah, that’s kind of the point.

They had the super bowl in their hands and just gave it back. I’ll carry this for a while. I’m still in disbelief.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - casear2727 - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:19 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Kansas City said that last year.

Just sayin'.

This. We kicked their butts, but stupid penalties, 2 guys blocking who are not NFL caliber, terrible PI call on Wilson, and a $10M slot WR dropping the easies pass at the end of the SB game are painful, Getting back is never easy.

RE: ***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals*** - Clark W Griswold - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:22 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'm not as upset as I was in the last super bowl... thank goodness i've gotten old.  Ninja

I’m old and immature!

(02-14-2022, 12:22 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I hope there’s a lot of fans that welcome them home I’m Cincinnati.

Absolutely. They blew this game imo, but for the way they played this year they definitely deserve a big welcome back from the fans.