Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bradley Bozeman - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bradley Bozeman (/Thread-Bradley-Bozeman)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bradley Bozeman - Nicomo Cosca - 02-24-2022

RE: Bradley Bozeman - Synric - 02-24-2022

(02-24-2022, 06:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

The Bengals will be "linked" to every single FA offensive linemen by the time Free Agency starts...

RE: Bradley Bozeman - bfine32 - 02-24-2022

(02-24-2022, 06:43 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals will be "linked" to every single FA offensive linemen by the time Free Agency starts...

What do we have against married ones?

RE: Bradley Bozeman - Nicomo Cosca - 02-24-2022

(02-24-2022, 06:43 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals will be "linked" to every single FA offensive linemen by the time Free Agency starts...

True. He hasn’t really been on any Bengals fans radar from what I’ve seen though. It’s all been Jensen, Jones, and a couple others when it comes to centers.

RE: Bradley Bozeman - Synric - 02-24-2022

(02-24-2022, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do we have against married ones?

They just have a defeated expression on their face all the time.

RE: Bradley Bozeman - Bengalpool - 02-24-2022

He had the second best pass block win rate amongst Centers last season. I think it's actually a very likely connection.

RE: Bradley Bozeman - phil413 - 02-24-2022

(02-24-2022, 07:04 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: He had the second best pass block win rate amongst Centers last season. I think it's actually a very likely connection.

It would also weaken a divisional rival and he is very young. What about his run blocking?

RE: Bradley Bozeman - Whatever - 02-24-2022

(02-24-2022, 06:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: True. He hasn’t really been on any Bengals fans radar from what I’ve seen though. It’s all been Jensen, Jones, and a couple others when it comes to centers.

He's gotten some love around here.  Caeser has been big on him, iirc.  

RE: Bradley Bozeman - BFritz21 - 02-25-2022

(02-24-2022, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do we have against married ones?

We need them focused on being the missing piece for this team to win a ship  ThumbsUp

[Image: 4919f012-62ec-45df-9639-050a6c229a18_text.gif]

RE: Bradley Bozeman - BuildTheWall - 02-25-2022

He'd be reunited with Jonah. They were teammates at Alabama. Wonder if that is enticing, too. I like him and have mentioned him. I like Jones a bit better but Bozeman is younger and it's always cool to steal someone from your rival. I think he's underrated and would be a great pickup. If there are any concerns about scheme fit, he did play a lot of LG in 2020, and was asked to pull a lot, and did well. Despite the low RAS score he's still a good enough athlete to fit any scheme IMO.

Bengals interested in Bradley Bozeman? - PhilHos - 02-25-2022

So according to the Locked on Podcast, there's a tweet from a respectable journalist saying the Bengals are interested in acquiring Ravens center Bradley Bozeman. Don't know much about the dude, but the guys did say he's turned into a pretty good center. They got me on board that if we got Bozeman, that'd be fine with me (as would some of the other names mentioned).

One question I do have for you guys, if we do get a center in FA, would Hopkins be an upgrade at any of the other guard spots? Not saying we still shouldn't try to sign FA guards, but if he is, maybe we can try to get one of the best guards and not worry so much about getting 2 quality guards.

Thoughts?

RE: Bengals interested in Bradley Bozeman? - SunsetBengal - 02-25-2022

Bozeman would be an interesting choice, as the Ravens tend to develop physical blockers on their OL. And the Bengals OL could really use a strong dose of physical blocking on the interior. (Maybe we actually convert some 3rd, 4th and shorts?) As for Hopkins to Guard? As I remember, he wasn't very good in spot duty as a Guard, and only became a regular when he got his shot at Center.

RE: Bengals interested in Bradley Bozeman? - PhilHos - 02-25-2022

(02-25-2022, 10:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As for Hopkins to Guard?  As I remember, he wasn't very good in spot duty as a Guard, and only became a regular when he got his shot at Center.

Yeah, I remember him being only a backup until he was forced to play center and since he wasn't a total liability, kept the job. But considering how much experience he's gained since taking over as the starting center, could he be serviceable or better as a guard? Like, is guard easier or harder. I know it's definitely different, but just curious as to how well (or not) Hopkins could do at guard.

In any event, if we do get a new center (fingers crossed), I think we still keep Hopkins as a backup.

RE: Bradley Bozeman - TecmoBengals - 02-25-2022

I'm hopeful a tweet like this isn't about rumoring all free agent OL are of interest to the Bengals, but rather there is substantive belief the Bengals are going to do everything possible to land the guy. Bozeman would be a nice signing.

RE: Bengals interested in Bradley Bozeman? - Bengalpool - 02-25-2022

(02-25-2022, 10:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bozeman would be an interesting choice, as the Ravens tend to develop physical blockers on their OL.  And the Bengals OL could really use a strong dose of physical blocking on the interior.  (Maybe we actually convert some 3rd, 4th and shorts?)  As for Hopkins to Guard?  As I remember, he wasn't very good in spot duty as a Guard, and only became a regular when he got his shot at Center.

I don't think we keep Hopkins if we sign Bozeman. I would go after new blood at both guard positions. 

RE: Bradley Bozeman - Nicomo Cosca - 02-25-2022

(02-25-2022, 10:30 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm hopeful a tweet like this isn't about rumoring all free agent OL are of interest to the Bengals, but rather there is substantive belief the Bengals are going to do everything possible to land the guy. Bozeman would be a nice signing.

The guy works for Pro Football Network (and has had several stops at different papers), so it’s definitely a credible source. I don’t think he’s just projecting here. He definitely heard something.

RE: Bengals interested in Bradley Bozeman? - Joelist - 02-25-2022

This is a little puzzling. Center is nowhere near top of the need list. In order we need RG, RT, then C.

RE: Bengals interested in Bradley Bozeman? - ochocincos - 02-25-2022

(02-25-2022, 10:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: So according to the Locked on Podcast, there's a tweet from a respectable journalist saying the Bengals are interested in acquiring Ravens center Bradley Bozeman. Don't know much about the dude, but the guys did say he's turned into a pretty good center. They got me on board that if we got Bozeman, that'd be fine with me (as would some of the other names mentioned).

One question I do have for you guys, if we do get a center in FA, would Hopkins be an upgrade at any of the other guard spots? Not saying we still shouldn't try to sign FA guards, but if he is, maybe we can try to get one of the best guards and not worry so much about getting 2 quality guards.

Thoughts?

As a pass blocker, absolutely. He'd upgrade either OG spot.
As a run blocker, expect a decline, except maybe still an upgrade there over Adeniji  Ninja

RE: Bengals interested in Bradley Bozeman? - ochocincos - 02-25-2022

(02-25-2022, 11:16 AM)Joelist Wrote: This is a little puzzling. Center is nowhere near top of the need list. In order we need RG, RT, then C.

Need LG before C actually.

Right now, Bengals would have the following starting OL:
Williams-Carman-Hopkins-Adeniji-Prince

RE: Bengals interested in Bradley Bozeman? - WeezyBengal - 02-25-2022

I think Hopkins would be a cap casualty. I think this is bound to happen regardless. He's not worth the contract he currently has.