Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Your FA or trade suprise - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Your FA or trade suprise (/Thread-Your-FA-or-trade-suprise)

Pages: 1 2

Your FA or trade suprise - phil413 - 03-13-2022

It could be a welcomed suprise or a bad one.

I'd say a welcomed suprise would be getting a solid OL to agree right when the window opens.

A bad one would be a team overpaying BJ Hill.  So instead of keeping one of our DTs, they end up trading for one by the end of the day.

Edit: meant for the FA forum sorry

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - schroomytunes - 03-14-2022

My Surprise pick. Bradley Bozeman Center. He just upgrades the whole IOL.

My Surprise trade: Bengals get La'el Collins from Dallas. by trading #135(4) and #208(6) for Dallas # 167(5)

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - J24 - 03-14-2022

Here are some

The front office will sign three OTs- Noteboom, Mosses, Cornelius Williams(swing Tackle)
Two IOL- Brian Allen C and the RG from the Colts(its some Polish name that's hard to spell)

Trade targets- look for them to trade for a DT particularly one from the Cowboys. Galimore, Odighizuwa, and Hill would fit at 3T and would be cheap options. Cameron Brate from the Buccaneers makes sense as a replacement for Uzomah as well.

1 of Boyd, Mixon, or Bates make sense to be traded and I bet one of them will be.

Look for Hendrickson Contract to be restructured to save 7 million against the cap. Also Bates could sign an extension which would save cap as well.

Cuts- Wayne's, Hopkins, Perine, Wilson

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - Yogo - 03-14-2022

1. La'el Collins in a trade
2. James Daniels signed, Brian Bozeman Signed, A DB that's a KR/PR
3. Zion Johnson drafted by packaging picks to move up
4. Cut Hopkins, Wayne's, Perine, Wilson
5. Resign CJ and BJ and Tre Flowers
6. Bring back Andy Dalton as our back up QB!!!
7. Bring Back Gio!!!
8. Open Punter competition

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - casear2727 - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 03:21 AM)J24 Wrote: Here are some

The front office will sign three OTs- Noteboom, Mosses, Cornelius Williams(swing Tackle)
Two IOL- Brian Allen C and the RG from the Colts(its some Polish name that's hard to spell)

Trade targets- look for them to trade for a DT particularly one from the Cowboys. Galimore, Odighizuwa, and Hill would fit at 3T and would be cheap options. Cameron Brate from the Buccaneers makes sense as a replacement for Uzomah as well.

1 of Boyd, Mixon, or Bates make sense to be traded and I bet one of them will be.

Look for Hendrickson Contract to be restructured to save 7 million against the cap. Also Bates could sign an extension which would save cap as well.

We don’t have to do much with Treys contract, he has a roster bonus coming due of 6M, we can convert that to a signing bonus and free up 4M in cap. Has no impact on him, we carry the other 2m as dead money.

3 tackles is aggressive, Notebloom us interesting tho, I’m surprised the Rams haven’t sealed him up, I thought he was Whit’s replacement?

(03-14-2022, 04:20 AM)Yogo Wrote: 1. La'el Collins in a trade
2. James Daniels signed, Brian Bozeman Signed, A DB that's a KR/PR
3. Zion Johnson drafted by packaging picks to move up
4. Cut Hopkins, Wayne's, Perine, Wilson
5. Resign CJ and BJ and Tre Flowers
6. Bring back Andy Dalton as our back up QB!!!
7. Bring Back Gio!!!
8. Open Punter competition

This would be an excellent oline!

I’m not sure Andy and Zac see eye to eye, according to Malik..??‍♂️

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - ochocincos - 03-14-2022

I'll stick with OL for both my good and bad.

A pleasant surprise would be to actually see someone like Austin Corbett or James Daniels added. While I, and others, have thought both make sense, I don't think any of us have considered someone of that price range a lock. Bengals just typically haven't paid that much for an OG before.

An unfortunate surprise would be signing Bozeman. I don't see him as a scheme fit at all. Not very athletic at all. He works well if he can stay focused on driving off the LOS though, but don't trust him moving laterally.

(03-14-2022, 10:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll stick with OL for both my good and bad.

A pleasant surprise would be to actually see someone like Austin Corbett or James Daniels added. While I, and others, have thought both make sense, I don't think any of us have considered someone of that price range a lock. Bengals just typically haven't paid that much for an OG before.

An unfortunate surprise would be signing Bozeman. I don't see him as a scheme fit at all. Not very athletic at all. He works well if he can stay focused on driving off the LOS though, but don't trust him moving laterally.

I like Bozeman > Allen all day despite the scheme fit.

Bozeman had the #2 best pass rush win rate for all Centers and this year was his first playing center in the NFL.  So maybe he takes another step this year...?   You are not wrong regarding athleticism and scheme, he isnt going to be the greatest as a pulling blocker, but he will for sure get us that yard on 4th and 1, or on the goal line. 

He's still young, very bright. I dont think the scheme fit would be to much of an issue unless we also picked up Norwell, then it would be obvious with those 2 running wide.. but straight runs would be very effective and they would create a pass block wall.

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - Mike M (the other one) - 03-14-2022

Some seem to think Carman would be a better fit at LG, so why not bring in Saffold on a 1 yr deal and let Carman develop?
I don't think he'd be too expensive.

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - Bilbo Saggins - 03-14-2022

After thinking about it, I could see them making a run on Casey Hayward and Jerry Hughes. 

I am anticipating that they'll pay out the nose for one of Hill/Ogunjobi; and I have an odd feeling that they'll overpay for Uzomah too(I like all 3 for the record - just not at ~$9million APY).

With all of this talk of how Jensen is worth $13 million APY, I fail to see how or why Brandon Scherff should be unrealistic for a team like the Bengals.  Do they go for it?  History would suggest no, but maybe they shock the world.

Moses or Williams are options at RT. Moses especially would make sense to me - he'd be a pleasant surprise.

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - Luvnit2 - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 06:35 AM)casear2727 Wrote: We don’t have to do much with Treys contract, he has a roster bonus coming due of 6M, we can convert that to a signing bonus and free up 4M in cap. Has no impact on him, we carry the other 2m as dead money.

3 tackles is aggressive, Notebloom us interesting tho, I’m surprised the Rams haven’t sealed him up, I thought he was Whit’s replacement?

I think we could also convert 5 million of his base salary to a bonus, so in essence freeing up 7 million in cap space.

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - Luvnit2 - 03-14-2022

Maybe just my dream, but Bengas sign Scherff Wednesday and a quality RT next week

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - Soonerpeace - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 03:21 AM)J24 Wrote: Here are some

1. They aren’t bringing in 5 new OL. For cost reasons and continuity.
2. They aren’t cutting. Perine he’s solid in picking up blitzes and he’s very strong and able to block anybody. He plays on EVERY special team.
3. They won’t trade Boyd ( Mike Brown loves him) they won’t trade Mixon because the Blackburns love him and his enthusiasm is off the charts. Bates wants to be a free agent. They’ll honor that.
4. Wilson cut? Who?

They like this team. They like the chemistry and culture. They won’t upheave it. They definitely need to address the OL and the corner spot. That’s all the major stuff

(03-14-2022, 11:07 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Maybe just my dream, but Bengas sign Scherff Wednesday and a quality RT next week

I think you and Bilbo are correct on Schreff, if they were willing to go 13M on Jensen, and Bozeman isnt the guy, then get the best guard available. 

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - tms - 03-14-2022

Shaq Mason is my guy. Hope we somehow land him. Maybe we can peddle Shelvin, if Bill was serious about turning him another Wilfork.

In fairness he never said that. But he did allegedly want him. Might have been what he was thinking.

I would love to see Tim Settle

He backed up 2 really good players, played less than a third of the snaps still had 5 sacks...

24 yrs old, only 4M, could be this year's BJ Hill surprise....?

(03-14-2022, 10:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll stick with OL for both my good and bad.

I agree, I have him in my dream bag o'surprises just because we've got to make a mistake somewhere.... like picking the wrong C upgrade.

(03-14-2022, 11:18 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 1. They aren’t bringing in 5 new OL. For cost reasons and continuity.
2. They aren’t cutting. Perine he’s solid in picking up blitzes and he’s very strong and able to block anybody. He plays on EVERY special team.
3. They won’t trade Boyd ( Mike Brown loves him) they won’t trade Mixon because the Blackburns love him and his enthusiasm is off the charts. Bates wants to be a free agent. They’ll honor that.
4. Wilson cut? Who?

They like this team. They like the chemistry and culture. They won’t upheave it. They definitely need to address the OL and the corner spot. That’s all the major stuff

Brandon Wilson

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - Soonerpeace - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 12:11 PM)Yogo Wrote: Brandon Wilson

Oh man I forgot him thanks

https://twitter.com/jaymorrisonath/status/1503390376714981383?s=21

RE: Your FA or trade suprise - THE PISTONS - 03-14-2022

Bengals supposedly showing interest in Scherff...who I've wanted them to sign for years but he gets tagged.