Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? (/Thread-Why-the-is-Jessie-Bates-not-signed-yet)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Tony - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 09:54 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Think some people are overreacting to this. It looks like this will be a long drawn out process. This is negotiating tactic. Odds of him not playing this year are very low. I don’t know how it ultimately plays out, but he’s going to be playing one way or another.

It’s best to just ignore this kind of “news” until something official happens.

He sulked last year, can you imagine how little effort he would give this year? He's gotta go..

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - WVUHomer - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually we took DBs in the 1st and 2nd rounds

And 5th

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - J24 - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 10:03 PM)Tony Wrote: He sulked last year, can you imagine how little effort he would give this year? He's gotta go..

He was the best player in the playoffs last season .

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - QueenCity - 05-16-2022

Would love to do a sign and trade.... as long as it makes us better this year. I wouldn't mind a draft pick but we need to be all-in this year.

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Esc33 - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 10:08 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Would love to do a sign and trade.... as long as it makes us better this year.  I wouldn't mind a draft pick but we need to be all-in this year.

Me too. I don't realistically see him with this team beyond 22 so wouldn't be upset if we cashed in now for a player to fill a need elsewhere... Hill may be a rookie but I have confidence he could step in and soften the blow this year.

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - fredtoast - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually we took DBs in the 1st and 2nd rounds

Derp.

Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - jwalker3853 - 05-16-2022

I'd just be transparent with him if they haven't already. Here's what we will pay. It's the best and final offer. If that doesn't work out, fine, you can play for a year under the franchise tag. If he really isn't interested in playing under the franchise tag, tell them to find a team, negotiate the deal and do a sign and trade.

If that doesnt work out and he still choses to sit out, that's fine, just franchise tag him again and let him sit out a 2nd year.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Murdock2420 - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 10:29 PM)jwalker3853 Wrote: I'd just be transparent with him if they haven't already.    Here's what we will pay.   It's the best and final offer.   If that doesn't work out, fine, you can play for a year under the franchise tag.   If he really isn't interested in playing under the franchise tag, tell them to find a team, negotiate the deal and do a sign and trade.  

If that doesnt work out and he still choses to sit out, that's fine, just franchise tag him again and let him sit out a 2nd year.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Why would you want to tie up a good chunk of your cap space on a player that isn't going to be on the field??

He sits out, you don't pay him, but his contract is still counting against your cap.

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - pdub2005 - 05-16-2022

I know a lot of people might flame or dismiss me for this, but I am less worried about losing Jessie's talent, and more worried about locker room morale. This is a tightly bonded team, and I would hope they would coalesce after this, but the outpouring of support for Jessie from the rest of the defense, specifically Reader and Hilton, has me a little worried about he impact a trade would have. I tend to be extremely optimistic when it comes to how I forecast this team, but I am not gonna lie, the whole Bates situation has had me nervous from the get-go. I really like our Dax and CTB picks, but I have wondered since whether there is even a possibility we continue to attempt to re-sign Jessie. I know a lot of fans soured on Jessie over his lack of focus, but it seems like his presence means a lot to the other guys, which I don't think is something to quickly brush away.

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - grampahol - 05-16-2022

I'm thinking neither Bates nor his agent have read up on playing hardball with Mike Brown. If they had they wouldn't be playing this game. I won't be too surprised if the reports are right and he doesn't intend to play under the tag Mike decides to trade him to a dead last place team for a high pick in next years draft ala Carson Palmer.. Don't think some lousy team isn't willing to trade a high pick for him.. Dumb trades are made every season.. 

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 05-17-2022

Let's see . . . one decent year in a season the team went 4-11-1 and one good month out of four years. Add in a bunch of missed tackles over the years(10, 17, 16, 7) and coming off of one of the worst seasons in coverage a starting safety has had(36-45 80% completion, 122 QB rating) and I would give this a hard pass.

Pull the tag, tell his agent to seek a team that will do a sign and trade and move on.

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - bfine32 - 05-17-2022

(05-17-2022, 12:31 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Let's see . . . one decent year in a season the team went 4-11-1 and one good month out of four years. Add in a bunch of missed tackles over the years(10, 17, 16, 7) and coming off of one of the worst seasons in coverage a starting safety has had(36-45 80% completion, 122 QB rating) and I would give this a hard pass.

Pull the tag, tell his agent to seek a team that will do a sign and trade and move on.

We pull the tag and he's a FA. 

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 05-17-2022

(05-17-2022, 12:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We pull the tag and he's a FA. 

Yep. Brainfart.

edited - In a response to his Rapper reference "Yesterday's price is not today's price '

Yesterday's roster is not today's roster.

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Mike M (the other one) - 05-17-2022

(05-16-2022, 11:48 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm thinking neither Bates nor his agent have read up on playing hardball with Mike Brown. If they had they wouldn't be playing this game. I won't be too surprised if the reports are right and he doesn't intend to play under the tag Mike decides to trade him to a dead last place team for a high pick in next years draft ala Carson Palmer.. Don't think some lousy team isn't willing to trade a high pick for him.. Dumb trades are made every season.. 

Was gonna mention the same, playing Hard Ball with MB doesn't usually end to well.

MB gets paid whether Bates plays or not, it's all up to Bates if he wants to miss out getting paid on one of his limited, but prime years.

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - pulses - 05-17-2022

(05-16-2022, 10:08 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Would love to do a sign and trade.... as long as it makes us better this year.  I wouldn't mind a draft pick but we need to be all-in this year.
Trade him to Dallas for Pollard and a 2nd. It fixes our KR/PR and backup RB we can then move on from Perine.

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - casear2727 - 05-17-2022

(05-16-2022, 08:37 PM)jason Wrote: I'd rather just cut bait. He's not worth what he's asking, and he's already shown some shoddy professionalism this past season. It's probably best for both parties to move on. His replacement is already here.

While under the tag designation if another team signs him and we dont match the offer we get their next two number 1 draft picks. Why in the world would we just cut him for nothing?

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - jason - 05-17-2022

Jesse Bates isn't very cultured...

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Bengalfan4life27c - 05-17-2022

At this point we should rescind the franchise tag. My gut says he won't even get what we offered on open market. Bates thinks he is more valuable than the rest of NFL sees him.

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - jason - 05-17-2022

(05-16-2022, 10:07 PM)J24 Wrote: He was the best player in the playoffs last season .

He's a douchebag right now.

RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Bengalfan4life27c - 05-17-2022

As far as being best player in playoffs last season Jamarr and Logan say Hi