Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... (/Thread-Nate-s-2nd-Mock-of-2022)

Pages: 1 2 3

Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-21-2022

Alright, did my second Mock and this time used a simulator, PFF...

1st Round: Kenyon Green G Texas A&M - Was surprised Green was there, perfect for our last need on the OL, perfect
for competing with Carman for the LG spot. Gives us great depth in case Carman wins the job. Disagreed on the grade, they
gave me a B.

2nd Round: Perrion Winfrey DT Oklahoma - Really liked this guy every time I watched Oklahoma play, perfect 3-tech to
replace Ogunjobi, can rush the passer and stop the run. Our DT room remains extremely deep. Lol, they gave me a D+ for this
pick!

3rd Round: Marcus Jones CB Houston - One of my favorite Corners in this deep Secondary Draft. A-

4th Round: Kevin Austin Jr. WR Notre Dame
- Don't know much about this guy but I wanted a TE or a WR here and this
guy had the highest grade. Gave me a B.

5th Round: Joshua Ezeudu G North Carolina - More depth at Guard, I think D'Ante Smith and Adeniji are more OT's
anyway don't care what they are listed on the depth chart. I think this was a steal, guess they did too gave me an A.

6th Round: Christopher Allen DE Alabama - Crazy steal here in the 6th, couldn't believe Allen was here. A+

7th Round: Zaquandre White RB South Carolina
- Once again surprised this guy was here, damn good RB with high upside
that can do everything. A

7th Round: Ja'Quan McMillian CB East Carolina
- This is just a damn fine CB for depth and ST's, surprised once again. C+

Thoughts?

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - ochocincos - 04-21-2022

(04-21-2022, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, did my second Mock and this time used a simulator, PFF...

1st Round: Kenyon Green G Texas A&M - Was surprised Green was there, perfect for our last need on the OL, perfect
for competing with Carman for the LG spot. Gives us great depth in case Carman wins the job. Disagreed on the grade, they
gave me a B.

2nd Round: Perrion Winfrey DT Oklahoma - Really liked this guy every time I watched Oklahoma play, perfect 3-tech to
replace Ogunjobi, can rush the passer and stop the run. Our DT room remains extremely deep. Lol, they gave me a D+ for this
pick!

3rd Round: Marcus Jones CB Houston - One of my favorite Corners in this deep Secondary Draft. A-

5th Round: Joshua Ezeudu G North Carolina - More depth at Guard, I think D'Ante Smith and Adeniji are more OT's
anyway don't care what they are listed on the depth chart. I think this was a steal, guess they did too gave me an A.

6th Round: Christopher Allen DE Alabama - Crazy steal here in the 6th, couldn't believe Allen was here. A+

Thoughts?

PFF has Green evaluated as 34th overall player, which is why he fell in your simulation.

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - Yogo - 04-21-2022

(04-21-2022, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, did my second Mock and this time used a simulator, PFF...

gave me a B.

pick!

Thoughts?
About drafting Zion or Green in the 1st, I'd only do it if that pick could beat out Carman to start, or grab Tyler if I knew he could beat Hill for starter and move Karras, or I'd pass for a Safety.  I like Winfrey as a Logan Hall consolation prize.  I always try to target Marcus Jones in the 3rd because of his duo usefulness.  I've always wondered if DBs or WRs make better returners.  I've always like DBs because they seem tougher and more durable.  I understand the second guard pick, but I'd probably go get an OT because I don't have faith in our current back up OTs.  Good draft.

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-21-2022

(04-21-2022, 06:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF has Green evaluated as 34th overall player, which is why he fell in your simulation.

Weird, thought Green was a 1st rounder for sure. Disagree with their evaluation. Same with their Winfrey thoughts.

No surprise. Disagree with a lot of what PFF says. Would love it if these guys fell to us and we grabbed them though.

What do you think of the overall Draft though Ocho? I like it better than my first one myself.

(04-21-2022, 06:51 PM)Yogo Wrote: About drafting Zion or Green in the 1st, I'd only do it if that pick could beat out Carman to start, or grab Tyler if I knew he could beat Hill for starter and move Karras, or I'd pass for a Safety.  I like Winfrey as a Logan Hall consolation prize.  I always try to target Marcus Jones in the 3rd because of his duo usefulness.  I've always wondered if DBs or WRs make better returners.  I've always like DBs because they seem tougher and more durable.  I understand the second guard pick, but I'd probably go get an OT because I don't have faith in our current back up OTs.  Good draft.

Agree with everything you say Yogo. I think this Draft is assuming that Carman's injury may linger and that we get an extension 
done with Bates. Logan Hall wasn't there so I grabbed Winfrey. I like getting Green and Winfrey over Travis Jones and whatever 
Guard may have been there in the 2nd. Salyer wasn't there for some reason who I like.

Marcus Jones is a damn good player, with the depth at Corner in this Draft he could be there and he is a Returner too so he is 
versatile for us to boot. Also, yeah, Corners as Returners do seem much more durable than WR's.

Didn't know much about the OT's after the 4th and Ezeudu had a much higher grade then all of them by a wide margin. I do like
D'Ante Smith a lot who I think is more of an OT than a Guard but agree on the concern with Adeniji, I don't care for him even at
OT if he is always playing on roller skates.

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - bengalfan74 - 04-21-2022

Looks good Nate

I'd love to get Green in the first. Have I mentioned that I'm not wild about our Oline depth ? Ninja

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - OSUfan - 04-21-2022

gave me a B.

pick!

Thoughts?

I really like your 5th round selection. I have been watching a lot of film on him and really like his abilities. He brings emergency tackle versatility as well. I had him selected in my latest simulation. Check it out it is the "I would be Estatic". He has some technique things to clean up but overall I think he has a pretty solid overall game.

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - schroomytunes - 04-21-2022

Good draft!!! I probably would have snagged a TE in the 7th instead of another CB, but at that point meh!!! we can go the UDFA route. good one!!!

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - ochocincos - 04-21-2022

(04-21-2022, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Weird, thought Green was a 1st rounder for sure. Disagree with their evaluation. Same with their Winfrey thoughts.

No surprise. Disagree with a lot of what PFF says. Would love it if these guys fell to us and we grabbed them though.

What do you think of the overall Draft though Ocho? I like it better than my first one myself.

Getting both Green and Winfrey would make any draft really good.

I have a hard time getting pumped about Marcus Jones because I don't think he has the size to stick outside.
He measured in at 5'8.0"
Has there been an outside CB that short recently that has been effective covering bigger WRs?
From everything I've been reading, he'll be great in the slot, but Bengals have their slot guy in Mike Hilton.

I feel there are better WRs/TEs to take in Rd 4 than Kevin Austin.
He might need more than a year to groom, as he only ever really produced one season.
Just 6 receptions total between 2018-2020.
He has good size, speed, and agility though, which is always a plus. Just might not pay the dividends you want in a WR4 if an injury occurs to one of the starters.

I had not heard of Ezeudu until OSUfan mentioned him. So I can't really speak to him other than what some scouting reports say about him.

Do you see Allen sticking as a DE? He's only 241 lbs. His 4.79 feels slow for only 241 lbs. It'd probably be ok if he was closer to 270 though.
He might be a guy that needs to develop for a season or two before having much of an effect.

What exactly do you like about Zaquandre White?
He shifted from LB to RB but he really didn't produce much.
His Combine left much to be desired - 4.63 40, 3.33 shuttle, 7.37 3-cone. All considered very poor, especially for a RB who is a thinner RB (6'0" but only 206 lb).
There might be some developmental traits there worth taking in the 7th though.
I haven't looked too much into him.
There are some other RBs I'd probably look at instead who are more proven.

Never heard of the 7th round CB.

(04-21-2022, 07:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Looks good Nate

I'd love to get Green in the first. Have I mentioned that I'm not wild about our Oline depth ?  Ninja

Not at all lol

(04-21-2022, 09:35 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Good draft!!! I probably would have snagged a TE in the 7th instead of another CB, but at that point meh!!! we can go the UDFA route. good one!!!

Well, I kinda went the route of the usual Simmons pick in the 7th. I kept looking for a TE and couldn't get one I really liked.

(04-21-2022, 08:16 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I really like your 5th round selection. I have been watching a lot of film on him and really like his abilities. He brings emergency tackle versatility as well. I had him selected in my latest simulation. Check it out it is the "I would be Estatic". He has some technique things to clean up but overall I think he has a pretty solid overall game.

Just checked that out on EZ and now that I was able to watch a touch of film on him blocking for all those good RB's I really 
think he fits and is of great value. I think he would be a steal in the 5th as we have him in both our Mocks OSUfan. Pollack can
help out EZ with his technique and fundamentals. His versatility puts him over the top that late.

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - NUGDUKWE - 04-21-2022

(04-21-2022, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Weird, thought Green was a 1st rounder for sure. Disagree with their evaluation. Same with their Winfrey thoughts.

A lot of places seemed to have dropped Green due to his combine performance. I'll be curious what actually happens in the draft, I have a feeling him and Zion will be gone by the time pick #31 comes around.

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - leonardfan40 - 04-21-2022

I’m not as worried about our o line as many people still seem to be but I wouldn’t be made about grabbing Green especially if top CB’s are gone.

I’m not a huge fan of any DT in this class after learning about Wyatt’s off field issues so I’d prefer to go somewhere else at this spot like CB or pass rusher.

I really like Jones but think we have a bigger need at outside CB with Hilton locked up for 3 more years.

Like you I’ve never looked too far into Austin Jr. He just never really jumped out at me. If he’s BPA then I’m fine with it because we need to add depth there. He does have potential but hasn’t produced a lot.

Love the last two picks, both could be huge steals late. Think waiting until 6-7 for a RB is the right move as there will be talent there late.

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - WVUHomer - 04-21-2022

gave me a B.

pick!

Thoughts?

I'm just disappointed you didn't get CTB Nate  Ninja.

In all seriousness, I'm not high on drafting OL early this year. And like Ocho stated, unless you're comfortable with no competition for Eli, Jones doesn't seem like the right fit. 

I like Winfrey but I've heard enough reports that he abandons the run for only the pass. 

Would have rather had a TE in 4/5 before another guard as well. No S as well. We would have to assume that neither Bates nor Bell leave next year or get hurt. Not a risk I'd take with Bates attitude for the FT right now. 

Personally, not a huge fan of it but I understand the route you were going for with it.

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - sandwedge - 04-21-2022

I like this one better Nate!

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - pulses - 04-22-2022

gave me a B.

pick!

Thoughts?
Green is not a good fit in a wide zone scheme he is way to slow and has slow feet. Winfrey is a one trick pony pass rusher he is NOT good against the run. We need a CB on the outside more than a ST nickel slot guy right now. NO safety and Bates and Bell are FA's next year? No TE in a deep class? You know I love McMillian!!! Wouldn't be real happy with this draft as a whole tho.

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-22-2022

(04-21-2022, 09:53 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: A lot of places seemed to have dropped Green due to his combine performance. I'll be curious what actually happens in the draft, I have a feeling him and Zion will be gone by the time pick #31 comes around.

I think both will be gone as well. Also, the Combine can be taken too seriously especially with OL where you need size, strength, 
technique, smarts more than just pure athleticism.

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-22-2022

(04-21-2022, 10:39 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’m not as worried about our o line as many people still seem to be but I wouldn’t be made about grabbing Green especially if top CB’s are gone.

I’m not a huge fan of any DT in this class after learning about Wyatt’s off field issues so I’d prefer to go somewhere else at this spot like CB or pass rusher.

I really like Jones but think we have a bigger need at outside CB with Hilton locked up for 3 more years.

Like you I’ve never looked too far into Austin Jr. He just never really jumped out at me. If he’s BPA then I’m fine with it because we need to add depth there. He does have potential but hasn’t produced a lot.

Love the last two picks, both could be huge steals late. Think waiting until 6-7 for a RB is the right move as there will be talent there late.

That was the thing all the Corners I liked were gone at both 31 and 63, I think I should of traded back if I didn't like Green, but I 
do like Green for us in competition with Carman at LG and depth. That is the thing, who are we going to get in this Draft that is an 
immediate starter? Linderbaum is the only one or Zion maybe? Kaiir Elam or Booth? They would have to beat out Apple first...

We need a pass rushing DT, Winfrey is that plain and simple, we have plenty of run stopping DT's.

True on Jones, he is more of a Slot Corner but he is also a Returner. Imagine if Hilton went down for any time?

Thanks LF40. Rock On

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - pulses - 04-22-2022

(04-21-2022, 07:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with everything you say Yogo. I think this Draft is assuming that Carman's injury may linger and that we get an extension 
done with Bates. Logan Hall wasn't there so I grabbed Winfrey. I like getting Green and Winfrey over Travis Jones and whatever 
Guard may have been there in the 2nd. Salyer wasn't there for some reason who I like.

Marcus Jones is a damn good player, with the depth at Corner in this Draft he could be there and he is a Returner too so he is 
versatile for us to boot. Also, yeah, Corners as Returners do seem much more durable than WR's.

Didn't know much about the OT's after the 4th and Ezeudu had a much higher grade then all of them by a wide margin. I do like
D'Ante Smith a lot who I think is more of an OT than a Guard but agree on the concern with Adeniji, I don't care for him even at
OT if he is always playing on roller skates.
If you were going to draft a Guard in the 2nd Cole Strange has been moving up boards and would be a good pick there. Salyer has been slipping it seems. I've seen him in the 4th and 5th in some of the mocks i've seen lately.

RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022... - SunsetBengal - 04-22-2022

Pretty good mock. I might have liked to have seen a TE and Safety in there, somewhere.